Street Fighter V (Read 2919264 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#10961  December 22, 2017, 01:47:14 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Lol i figured y'all could waste 30 seconds of your life just to figure out what mode it was by clicking play on the video.
Not like y'all didn't waste any more time logging onto forum just to post a comment complaining about me not adding what the mode was.

The funniest part on my end is that my internet was fucked up in the last 2 days (Just got it fixed) and I legitimately was unable to load any videos and was barely able to read some sites so them posting what the video was about greatly helped me. Luckily the people in other sites and even Capcom themselves via announcements gave me all the info I cared about but was not willing to get by watching some longass 15 minute long video.

Thats unfortunate, well i did mention it was a new mode. He says what the mode was in the first 30 seconds of the video. Which means you didn't have to watch the whole 15 minute video that shows mostly horrible gameplay.
No site had detailed information about the exclusive news which they allowed him to share to world at that moment. If any site did around that time i probably would have posted it myself or someone else would've. Honestly i was just scrolling down my youtube feed when i had came across the video.
#10962  December 22, 2017, 02:39:32 pm
He says what the mode was in the first 30 seconds of the video. Which means you didn't have to watch the whole 15 minute video that shows mostly horrible gameplay.
He didn't know that before watching the video and he couldn't watch the video at all anyway.
We aren't looking for an excuse, we're just telling you people may not be able to, or bother to, even click on the video without knowing what it is beforehand. You can just say you didn't even watch it yourself before posting it and people won't mind.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#10963  December 22, 2017, 07:06:14 pm
#10964  January 06, 2018, 02:46:07 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:42:43 am by yaret
#10965  January 16, 2018, 06:26:17 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Popularity poll results are in.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#10966  January 16, 2018, 03:45:56 pm
  • SNK is life
So, basically Capcom is tailor-making a game without a clear vision, but only to cater to popularity polls?

Why am I surprised, the game truly feels that way. You can tell by the disjointed original cast
#10967  January 16, 2018, 05:57:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Rememeber that old interview when ono said that a lot of game design decitions are taken by the marketing department, I guess that holds true for this game as well.
#10968  January 16, 2018, 06:34:34 pm
    • Netherlands
Rememeber that old interview when ono said that a lot of game design decitions are taken by the marketing department, I guess that holds true for this game as well.

Harada recently also talked about this but tbh it makes sense. They pick the characters with the most fan and worldwide appeal (which is why so many of the iconic SF2 cast constantly return- they are very recognisable and well liked in the gaming community). They go for newer characters and popular picks first (except they forgot Sakura and Sagat, woops) and then if the game lives long enough like SFIV we eventually get the less popular choices like T. Hawk and Dee Jay.

Tho I can't help but think that the popularity poll was also kinda skewed in the sense of people voting for a character they desperately want back in SFV (like Q). RIP the Remy dream.
#10969  January 17, 2018, 12:21:11 am
Popularity poll results are in.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So Q is the most popular male character in Street Fighter? I thought Ken would be higher.
#10970  January 17, 2018, 12:52:15 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Hopefully that's just so they'll get Capcom to finally add something more to the poor thing.

That trenchcoat is pretty sweet though.
#10971  January 17, 2018, 12:57:22 am
So, basically Capcom is tailor-making a game without a clear vision, but only to cater to popularity polls?
This particular poll is new and the game is not. Was Blanka always that high on the list in previous polls ? and I think Q has always been around yet there's no sign that Capcom cares about him. And then there's the part where, yes, people actually care to see a grown-up Sakura or a Cody that's actually out of jail because it's been a running meme that none of those fighting game characters ever change, and we're finally seeing some long needed evolution. This is a good thing. It's so dumb to make this out as catering.
As for saying that the game has no clear vision - that's a very unfair thing to say considering all the efforts they're making pushing for a story mode, to fill in a major gap that's been on all players' minds since SF3. They're not doing all that great on that front but it's far better than anything they've done until then since SFA3 (SF3 was bland), it's nice to have an actual story.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:01:21 am by Byakko
#10972  January 17, 2018, 01:25:03 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Nothing big, but...

... Maybe "G" is "Q"?

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#10973  January 17, 2018, 01:54:47 am
WTF Cody stole Haggar's oversized pants. Is that the first time we see some sexy male underwear after seeing the panties of most of the female cast ?
Who the hell is the plushy monst- is that costume for Blanka ??
Sagat looks great.
(there have been a few theories on G's identity, including Greg, Q, and Gill)

Well damn, that Sagat is just amazing.
||
V
Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:26:35 am by Byakko
#10974  January 17, 2018, 02:17:48 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Another one. G have "metal" arms:

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#10975  January 17, 2018, 01:34:47 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#10976  January 17, 2018, 02:33:00 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
You're receiving FM as your character levels up regardless of what mode you play in.  You can even get a decent portion of it just by looking at demonstration sections.
#10977  January 17, 2018, 04:18:51 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
From that poll, I'm just glad that Retsu is the most popular of the SF1 cast (THAT NEVER CAME BACK), that makes me happy (also more popular than Balrog, who'd thought?). So, maybe one day down the road there is chance for the old geezer.

Also, one of those costumes did in fact make me think that G is Q. Tho... If this where to be true, then I sort of feel they somewhat killed the mystery of Q. I do not wish for the character to be figured out like that. At least, if it is true, then I hope they can explain him perfectly, but knowing the story mode in SFV I doubt that.

Edit: Also... I wonder how many times Ono must have voted to get Blanka top 10.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:22:35 pm by The Street Fighter
#10978  January 18, 2018, 07:15:37 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Guys, none of Ibuki's bomb resets work anymore. How do I play neutral????
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#10979  January 19, 2018, 06:38:19 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Feels like Juri is actually a complete character now, took some time but It seems like she is finally in a good spot (maybe it's too early to tell but It feels that way).

Seems like the majority of characters that had problems are looking better now, some like Ryu and Chun are getting more attention now while someone like Rog had their unga stuff be lesser of a presence which is a good thing. The new VTs seem good for the most part.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#10980  January 20, 2018, 06:41:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
buying the season pass is granting you the nostalgia costumes for several of the characters. ( gouki, ibuki, alex, juri  far as i can tell ).
The birthday commemoration outfits are also on the store for free right now.

Sakura feels great, im looking forward to more content.