YesNoOk

Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering (Yukari prototype + Legacy chars) (Read 42217 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, February 10, 2017, 06:18:30 pm
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Story, Last Words & Roster)
#21  May 31, 2017, 11:25:43 pm
    • Netherlands
I'd want a character who hasn't appeared in THRP yet, I'd personally like Shinki but I'm also leaning toward Medicine because she's underrated
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Story, Last Words & Roster)
#22  August 17, 2017, 05:37:35 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
So just realized I haven't posted anything new in a while so let me correct that.

First up, the final members of the roster: Momiji, Kasen, and a new character called Nameless, who I'll leave for a later time. this brings the final roster size to a total of 20.

Momiji's Unique Skill: White Wolf Guard

Pressing and holding will cause Momiji to guard with her shield. Unlike regular blocking, shielding an attack will prevent all damage done to Momiji but will drain her shield gauge the longer it is held out for; this gauge regenerates over time while Momiji is not shielding. If the shield gauge empties to 0, Momiji will be unable to shield for a limited time until the gauge is restored to full.
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Roster + revisions)
#23  September 21, 2017, 10:57:02 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So with Gensokyo Reloaded's roster nearing completion, I decided to take a look back at this.

First off, Medicine & Orin are being culled from the roster. The former mainly due to the fact that Aya, Momiji, Sanae, and Suwako are all in, totalling 4 MoF reps, while the latter due to the available sprites... not being as optimized as I thought they would be.

In their place, Hong Meiling will be added to the roster. She'll retain some elements from her GR counterpart, but will play slightly differently due to an idea that I had in mind that could work for her Unique Skill. That being said, she may very well be the first character to be worked on with a playable standalone release for testing purposes, just to show off the new systems that will be in place.

Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Final Roster + Alpha build info)
#24  November 16, 2017, 09:29:23 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So after some brainstorming, finally came to a finalized roster:
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Marisa Kirisame
  • Yuuka Kazami
  • Alice Margatroid
  • Shinki
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Hong Meiling
  • Youmu Konpaku
  • Yukari Yakumo
  • Reisen Udongein Inaba
  • Aya Shameimaru
  • Momiji Inubashiri
  • Sanae Kochiya
  • Iku Nagae
  • Satori Komeiji
  • Byakuren Hijiri
  • Mamizou Futatsuiwa
  • Hata no Kokoro
  • Sekibanki
  • Kasen Ibaraki
  • Nameless*

In addition, an alpha build should be available some time early 2018 consisting of Reimu, Marisa, Meiling, Sakuya, and Reisen as playable characters, with Meiling and Reisen receiving notable gameplay changes. The purpose of the alpha build will be to mainly test out the new alignment system.
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Final Roster + Alpha build info)
#25  December 06, 2017, 05:25:09 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

First look at the HUD for Incident Zero, using modified versions of Gudine's Urban Legend in Limbo lifebars with the Smash 4 fonts provided by GarchompMatt. Still incomplete, as its missing the Spirit Gauges, which need to be implemented into the characters, and the Power Bars need to be adjusted.

Oh and for those curious, the lifebar portraits use 60x60 size images instead of MUGEN's default 25x25 size, though I could very easily modify that to accept 120x120 lifebar portraits if necessary.
Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:29:35 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering (Yukari prototype + Legacy chars)
#26  January 19, 2018, 06:48:03 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So reflecting what's been said in both the Gensokyo Reloaded subforum and my Projects thread, there's a few updates regarding Incident Zero:

First, Tewi Inaba will be part of the roster. She was originally going to be part of Gensokyo Reloaded, but due to reasons which you can read about here, the decision was made to include her in this game instead.

Secondly, alongside Reisen who will be getting a major gameplay change due to her reworked moveset in Urban Legend in Limbo, Yukari will also be receiving similar treatment due to her moveset overhaul in the recently released Antinomy of Common Flowers. Her Unique Skill and Last Word will still remain the same, but everything else about her will reflect her changes in that game. You can track most of the progress on her here, but note that she will be more of a prototype build to test out the new system mechanics, and thus will be seeing a public release before the actual game.

Lastly, because of some of the major changes some of the characters will be getting (namely Reisen and Yukari), the game will also feature Legacy versions of certain characters, which play more closely to their Gensokyo Reloaded counterparts for those already familiar with them. So far Reimu, Marisa, Yukari, and Reisen are confirmed to receive Legacy versions.
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:53:15 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering (Yukari prototype + Legacy chars)
#27  February 28, 2018, 08:13:54 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

So finally got along to implementing the very core of not only Yukari, but also the new system she'll be using: The alignment system.

The alignment system is essentially a groove select, which effects how the character's Spirit Meter is used. Showcased here is Type-A's Bomb mechanic, which acts similar to a Burst; the player will start the match with a full Spirit Meter, and can use the bomb when in an idle state at the cost of their entire Spirit Meter. Bombs deal no damage, but will knock the opponent down. Bombs are invincible to melee attacks until near the end of recovery, but are still vulnerable to grabs. If the Bomb successfully hits, the user will immediately gain 1000 Power, and retain 25% of their Spirit Meter unless the Bomb is blocked or whiffs. In Type-A alignment, the Spirit Meter slowly increases over time, but can also be filled by dealing or taking damage. It takes a while to fully recharge the Spirit Meter in Type-A, so use it wisely.

Additionally, I want to briefly go over how Power gains will be handled. Unlike Gensokyo Reloaded, where every attack had a set Power gain value depending on the strength of the attack, Power gain values for attacks are now directly proportional to the amount of damage dealt using the following formula:

P1 Power gain (hit): Scaled damage x 1.6
P2 Power gain (hit): Scaled damage x 0.8
P1 Power gain (block): Base damage x 0.4
P2 Power gain (block): Base damage x 0.2

In short, all Power gain values on hit are now affected by proration, while Power gains on block use the base damage instead. Power gains on startup for Specials remain unaffected.