YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1283635 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#1181  October 15, 2017, 01:19:07 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well, that's up to you if you think a witch fits her Midnight Bliss. It can reflect their personality (as I think it does for some characters like Felicia), or just make them subservient as it generally does I think. It's a bit tricky to nail something really good for it. Do you know how her personality is and what she likes and all that? That might help with finding something super good for her.

As for the animation, that's a lot better. A few things that I think that needs ironed out:

*The face could use more touching up. Again, eyes would pretty much not be there anymore, or all whited out in some cases (they're usually empty if they have their eyes close).
*I don't think the kneecap would be protruding THAT much??
*For the chest area, the breasts would be pretty much non-existent and it'd be the ribcage showing the further into the animation it got.
*The skin usually gets darker the further into the animation it gets, think of like...mummies in a way. Lack of blood and whatnot to keep the colors.
*The shoes have an...odd animation to them, where there's a tear in the shoes but then it disappears???

All in all, it's still a really good animation though. The clothes ripping is a stylistic choice (it never made sense how they ripped in SVC Chaos like it does, it doesn't do that in Darkstalkers at all), so that's up to you if you really want to do it that way.
#1182  December 03, 2017, 09:01:10 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hmm... ._.

Spoiler: "Haggar - Midnight Bliss (small warning because of shirtlessness)" (click to see content)
Very basic and probably somewhat silly looking. I have no idea why I made it, but now that it exists, well, here you go.
#1183  December 03, 2017, 10:40:43 pm
    • USA
Huh. Never would've thought of that for his Midnight Bliss at all. Oddly enough, I always thought Jessica (his daughter, I think it was??) would've worked for it, seeing as how others turn into others (Ken into Eliza, for example). Still, not a bad one.
#1184  December 04, 2017, 05:24:35 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thanks.
Personally, I've always thought that transforming someone into a completely different character for a Midnight Bliss was weird and kind of boring for the most part.

DW

#1185  December 04, 2017, 05:37:03 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Depends on what they're being transformed into. Though if it's just them being transformed into a woman in their respective life, then yeah, that is boring and weird. That Haggar is pretty nice though, good job. Judging from the shading, I'm gonna assume this isn't compatible with Sean's version. Rather, it is for the IMT version correct?
#1186  December 04, 2017, 05:41:57 am
    • USA
Yeah, it only really works for some characters, and not everyone. Your MB still is pretty good for Haggar though, I think. Lord knows I wouldn't have been able to come up with anything interesting for the Mayor lol. Got anyone else in mind for a good ol' Midnight Bliss? o.o?
#1187  December 04, 2017, 08:28:15 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Depends on what they're being transformed into. Though if it's just them being transformed into a woman in their respective life, then yeah, that is boring and weird. That Haggar is pretty nice though, good job. Judging from the shading, I'm gonna assume this isn't compatible with Sean's version. Rather, it is for the IMT version correct?
True, there are some good exceptions. I just prefer it if the original character is still at least somewhat recognizable in their MB form instead of looking as if they were replaced by some completely different character.

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned it before, but it is actually based on Sean's sprites. More precisely, on this color separated version of them. But I guess it could be used for other versions of Haggar, too, with some palette adjustments.

Got anyone else in mind for a good ol' Midnight Bliss? o.o?
Not at the moment, but you never know.
Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:32:14 am by Toni
#1188  January 09, 2018, 01:45:41 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Nobody asked for this. Ever.
Spoiler: Norimaro - Midnight Bliss (click to see content)
My apologies. :wink2:
#1189  January 09, 2018, 01:47:59 am
    • USA
Oh. Oh god. That....that is something I thought I would never have thought anyone would do. How...how terrifying. O_O

Well, will look forward to whomever you decide to try next~ ^^
#1190  January 09, 2018, 01:49:59 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
oh wow lol
I need more PSN friends
#1191  January 11, 2018, 09:23:03 am
    • Italy
Nobody asked for this. Ever.
Spoiler: Norimaro - Midnight Bliss (click to see content)
My apologies. :wink2:

IMHO Norimaro's Midnight Bliss should be real-life proportions, but that's just an opinion.
Your version is wonderful, anyway. I'd say that technically is even better than some of the ones that appear in the original game. (well, as a matter of facts if i had to guess for 1M€ without knowing the original game i'd say Anakari's and Morrigan's are made by a fan. A clumsy one.)
#1192  January 23, 2018, 12:11:44 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

#1193  January 23, 2018, 12:13:53 pm
    • USA
My, my~ A really well handled (and very fluid) one for Alexia here. Great work on it, Sabockee! Was this one for JZ's Alex, I'm assuming?
#1194  January 23, 2018, 12:15:37 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
That was my intent.
#1195  April 10, 2018, 04:07:15 am
    • USA
Hey, Xenomic. Can you make Midnight Bliss sprites for Sodom (SFA), Skullomania & Shadowgeist (SFEX), Ravange/Scemeto (Red Earth/Warzard), Hakan & Oni (SFIV), Kolin (SFV), Joker (Savage Reign/Kizuna Encouner), & Elec Man & Napalm Man (Mega Man) please?
#1196  April 11, 2018, 04:34:12 am
  • For the Murder!
that's not how this thread works...
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#1197  May 16, 2018, 03:39:14 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I made a thing.

This took quite a while, so the remaining two sprites (held up and drained, the latter of which will of course be a skeleton) will probably take longer especially since I'm currently distracted by non-MUGEN things.  For now, that one sprite is still perfectly usable for the single-sprite CFJ-style Midnight Bliss (9021 is the anim number for that, right?).
#1198  May 16, 2018, 05:18:40 am
    • USA
An Alice huh? Wasn't expecting that to be something to be done for a Midnight Bliss at all. Is this for an Alice or another character (I'm assuming it's for Alice though)? o.o?

Quite curious what got you to try this though! That's actually not a bad sprite at all (that is a massive book though lol. She could smack someone with that and probably put them in a coma!)
#1199  May 16, 2018, 05:30:30 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
It's just a same name thing; Alice from Asura Buster has the same first name as Alice Margatroid from 2hu, that's all the motivation I had.
#1200  May 16, 2018, 05:32:54 am
    • USA
Oooooh! It's for THAT Alice. I didn't even realize that at all ha. She manages to have all the same colors too? If so, that's pretty interesting. Should be interesting to see how you handle the remaining sprites then, whenever you have the time. Wouldn't mind seeing you try more Midnight Blisses down the road at all~ ^^