YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2412143 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12061  January 14, 2018, 10:20:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, life has been a mess but I am finally settling, that means I amfinalyl able to take one day off working (it will be sundays); so first thing is to finish my back-log ( just finished new game season 02), as far as this season goes, which are the great shows ?

From what I saw there is a lot of competition regarding cute slice of life show, and this season seems to ahve ihgh ranked shows.
Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:31:03 pm by Bastard Mami
#12062  January 17, 2018, 09:21:49 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Watch Kokkoku and Shinkalion my good man.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#12063  January 18, 2018, 01:12:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Kokkoku is by one of my favorite directors, so thanks for remingin me, I even watched his dumb lawyer drama.
#12064  January 19, 2018, 04:52:43 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Watched Frank Darling yesterday

Has there ever been a clearer split between two distinct studios than this

A bunch of talking heads and standard A1 monologuing only to become a completely different energetic show once the Trigger patented light crosses show up
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12065  January 20, 2018, 05:39:37 pm
there's not much to watch this season , except for ccs and violet evergarden.
#12066  January 21, 2018, 04:20:20 am
I'm guessing they're not going to be very subtle in Darlingelion in the Franxx are they? If the dual seating positions didn't already make it hard to stifle my laughter, I just about lost it when I noticed the training mecha had huge rubber butt on the dash.

This season seems weak, but I have enough stuff to tide me over.

As far as new stuff goes, I'll keep up with:
Darling in the Franxx
Pop Team Epic
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
gdgd men's party- garbage cg improv comedy, just the way I like it.
Junji ito Collection- Yeah it's ass, but the third episode left me with enough hope that it won't be a complete waste.
A Place Furthest From the Universe- If I had to watch one slice of life show this season it would be this one, although I must admit episode three's developments sapped the tension out of the show for me.
Citrus- I don't feel like dropping it yet.

Sequel/ Continuing: Garo Vanishing Line; Ancient Magus Bride; Dagashi Kashi; Kaiju Girls; Mr. Osomatsu
#12067  January 21, 2018, 08:10:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It does not seem like I am missing any good shows thanks guys .I am having succes by moving my schedule so I rest a bit more time as the time I am working I can work harder and still getting thigns done, more when I did not take any break days at all, actually.
and fuck fate primaries, talkign shit about apocrypha, it was pretty decent and the second half was actually better than the first, not worse. Never going to listen to fate primaries again.
#12068  January 28, 2018, 02:59:33 am
fate/extra episode one hype
#12069  January 29, 2018, 01:49:18 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
fatemonogatari?

it was good, fem hakuno and saber vs saver was a strong initial scene. Then ti somehow amnages to make it feel like it makes less sense than the other versions.

I watched puella magi godzilla magica today, it was good, it went to a lot of places scifi usually goes but godzilla does not. Particularly loving urobuchi's  "sometimes going against the system is stupid" theme.
#12070  January 29, 2018, 02:09:45 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I found Planet of the Monsters kinda disappointing.

Unlike Urobutcher's other works I didn't feel shit for the characters, and the plot "twist" at the end would've felt telegraphed even without the doctor saying it aloud thirty seconds before it happened. It would've been more interesting to see society's decay without Godzilla.
#12071  February 02, 2018, 01:35:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
One Punch Man Artist Yuusuke Murata to Launch Manga Based on Back to the Future Film

1985 film's writer Bob Gale supervises web series with new story content
Manga artist Yuusuke Murata (One-Punch Man, Eyeshield 21) announced at the Ready Player One film "celebration event" in Tokyo on Thursday that he will launch BTTF, a manga series based on the 1985 American science-fiction film Back to the Future. The film's screenwriter Bob Gale is supervising the manga, which will include story content not seen in the film.
Source : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-01/one-punch-man-artist-yuusuke-murata-to-launch-manga-based-on-back-to-the-future-film/.127228
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#12072  February 02, 2018, 02:30:05 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I...have no deep connection to either One-Punch Man or Eyeshield 21, both were just curiosities I checked out when new and was not interested in continuing, but the artwork was fine if not catching.  He has a knack for drawing devils.  But Back to the Future?  I ADORE Back to the Future.

I can't imagine what they'll come up with that they can get away with drawn rather than live-action, but I look forward to more news on this.
#12073  February 02, 2018, 02:34:24 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#12074  February 02, 2018, 02:38:30 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I swear Murata must be the most whimsical mangaka out there. Remaking an on-going web comic and remaking an 80's American movie on manga format?
#12075  February 02, 2018, 12:04:05 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
So did you people think that Franxx making some Evangelion references was cool or something? Shinkalion will have the actual EVA-01 (in train form).

http://www.shinkalion.com/news/367/
im a conscious dreamer

Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:07:43 pm by Sookoll
#12076  February 03, 2018, 01:55:20 pm
i'm digging the south east vibe of the current violet evergarden episode. i like shows that does that , subtle change of the environment or background. it felt like they really traveled far to get there.
#12077  February 04, 2018, 10:44:16 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#12078  February 08, 2018, 05:16:04 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland

Gee Honey, why does your studio let you have six voice actresses?
im a conscious dreamer

#12079  February 11, 2018, 12:10:05 am
Thunderbolt Fantasy movie was great. I can't blame Screaming Phoenix Killer for being such an murderous edgelord after seeing what Vape Wizard did to him in the past. What an asshole. The part where the imposter Shang retold the story to real Shang was hilarious. New season can't come soon enough.

I've been rewatching Full Metal Panic in preparation for season 4 because as much I have positive thoughts about the franchise I don't remember what happened in the previous seasons at all. It's been alright for a gonzo effort and the comedic timing is good. RIP 2D Arm Slaves.
#12080  February 11, 2018, 02:22:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
death march is weird, it's one of these weird slice fo life isekai shows that is ntohign to write home about, but. the annr eviews hating the show are just hilarious, like the ann reviewer has no idea what kind of show he is watching and is just ahting the dumbest stuff; like he is complainign that the mc is too paternalizing to the girls, and not letting them be independent and powerful female characters or some other shitty millenial things. newsflash, he is in his late 20s and the girls are in their early tens, of course he is paternalizing.