Re: Buffering.
#3  February 03, 2018, 10:27:58 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#4  February 03, 2018, 10:46:42 pm
  • Niigasan
Im not gonna say its stupid but, all the years ive been playing mugen ive nevverr had a issue with commands. it may fix the doing the input backwards but i mean, is that really such a big issue? I honestly dont find a need for it.
#5  February 03, 2018, 10:50:26 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Im not gonna say its stupid but, all the years ive been playing mugen ive nevverr had a issue with commands. it may fix the doing the input backwards but i mean, is that really such a big issue? I honestly dont find a need for it.

Doing backward cmds is a HUGE issue if your wanting to play for real.

It fixes the bug but also makes all your cmd inputs feel alot smoother overall.
#6  February 03, 2018, 10:55:09 pm
  • Niigasan
i mean, i play my mugen against friends all the time and i play arcade all the time and its neevverr been a issue and how exactly does it make input smoother? its not like theres lag when u input commands on mugen everything comes out just fine and chars can combo just fine
#7  February 03, 2018, 11:24:10 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
because explod buffering is fucking stupid
It was very brave of you to post this and then not immediately edit it to blank and delete it.

i mean, i play my mugen against friends all the time and i play arcade all the time and its neevverr been a issue and how exactly does it make input smoother? its not like theres lag when u input commands on mugen everything comes out just fine and chars can combo just fine
There are genuinely real issues with MUGEN's input system:
Is this really needed? What exactly is wrong with MUGEN's command system anyway?
MUGEN's default command system has many limitations: commands typically get broken whenever the characters switch sides, requiring players to start over any commands they've started to input if their character happens to switch sides with the opponent; there are also issues involving directional release commands, charge commands, and more. MUGEN also doesn't offer a ton of flexibility in defining commands: you can set a time limit for how long a player has to perform an overall command, but you can't define individual time limits for specific inputs/elements in those commands. With this new buffering system, all those problems are no more, all with zero input lag!
They might not be immediately noticeable for everyone, and most people will probably never feel all that bothered by them, but they do exist.
#8  February 03, 2018, 11:37:40 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

It feels more authentic, have you played with JNPs kfm update
or the recent stuff Jmorphman put out?

Now tell me you dont feel a difference, its smooth like butter.

How come you don't use the command buffer system for your edits?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fix-all-your-command-issues-explodsive-buffering-system-180772.msg2366952.html#msg2366952

because explod buffering is fucking stupid

I would of loved to try out your system but its to damn complicated
and it uses alot of VARs my chars already use..and your terrible at
giving instructions on how to use it.

I still cant figure out how to use your cheat engine stuff with
cvs2 because the only instructions you posted where to use
Raidens grabs to get a breakpoint or whatever you didn't even
Explain how to open the script in cheat engine, all the steps it
takes to get the info so..
Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:44:10 pm by Memo
#9  February 03, 2018, 11:42:04 pm
  • Niigasan
i play with king and ken sometimes and to tell you the complete truth, i dont.
#10  February 03, 2018, 11:47:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
i play with king and ken sometimes and to tell you the complete truth, i dont.

ken doesn't have it, you probably wont if your not a hardcore fighting
game fanatic. Ive been playing since the 90's super turbo and I can
definitely feel the difference.
#11  February 03, 2018, 11:51:02 pm
  • Niigasan
I actually am, been playing fighting games since i was 5 first game was killer instinct and so on and so forth i wouldnt be creating chars if i wasnt a hardcore fighting fan tbr. I just dont look at it as deeply as u do, im just in it for the enjoyment.
#12  February 04, 2018, 12:11:39 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I actually am, been playing fighting games since i was 5 first game was killer instinct and so on and so forth i wouldnt be creating chars if i wasnt a hardcore fighting fan tbr. I just dont look at it as deeply as u do, im just in it for the enjoyment.

Even if it fixes the reverse cmd bug that alone should
be a reason to use it, its to easy..TO EASY lol to put
in your chars.

I'm pretty sure Jzilla is trolling since he never gave an
explanation on why the cmd buffer system
is "fucking retarded" explain your opinion please?
#13  February 04, 2018, 12:23:42 am
  • Niigasan
thats what im sayin, that issue, isnt really a issue, it never has been to me or my homies or have i never really seen or heard people complain about the commands before the system was made. i really see no strong reason to add it besides to say "btw this char uses the buffer system".  just my opinion on it.

lui

#14  February 04, 2018, 12:26:35 am
    • USA
it doesn't matter if youre a hardcore fanatic or not, the fact is that the problem is there. it is an issue and is just simply a fact.

it's up to you to implement in if you want to, I personally wish more creators did but having them not doesn't hurt anyone too much unless you're doing a full-game scenario. i noticed the buffering thing once i actually delved into the nitty gritty of how capcom fighting games work.

it got more noticeable for me once i tried out the FEXL beta and that game actually has the same issue MUGEN has when it comes to parsing inputs lmao
#15  February 04, 2018, 12:30:49 am
  • Niigasan
no one disagreed that it wasnt an issue, rather seems to just be a minor issue in my eyes. Maybe ill try it out in a future char just see if my opinion on it will change but for now, i dont think its necessary.
#16  February 04, 2018, 01:00:32 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I don’t think most people notice a problem with MUGEN.

I would imagine most people are more willing to try out Vans’ buffer system. It uses a helper and vars in a way that people are more use to seeing them. Using explods as triggers doesn’t seem to be as common.

#17  February 04, 2018, 01:47:35 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If MUGEN wasn't such a poorly designed engine we wouldn't have had to use explods to keep the abitrarily limited amount of variables free! But since MUGEN is the way it is, an explod-based system is the best way to fix MUGEN's command issues, given the constraints MUGEN forces us to deal with. It's messy and inelegant, but it works, so I can't complain too much!
#18  February 05, 2018, 03:20:22 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
As much as I like this and I managed to get it to work one fighter... it causes major slowdowns and frame lags even on fullscreen when I play with this on simul but 1v1 and turns mode it works just fine.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#19  February 05, 2018, 04:44:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Are you disabling the explods being created for ai chars? Other than that I suppose it's a pc specs thing. First I've heard of issues with simul.
#20  February 05, 2018, 08:23:09 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
As much as I like this and I managed to get it to work one fighter... it causes major slowdowns and frame lags even on fullscreen when I play with this on simul but 1v1 and turns mode it works just fine.

Dude I have a laptop from 2012 and never had any slowdown issues with the buffer system.
what are you running mugen on?