YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441519 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Chun-Li MEGA-update beta and NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING
#5861  January 22, 2018, 03:55:47 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
XIII's stance just feels like a slightly reworked version of his original stance. In any event the CvS one is good, no need to change it!

I think I've settled on the level 3: the Neo Max from XIII just has more impact that his HSDM from 2002, so I'm going with that. Speaking of, what exactly was that move called?

it's uh, essentially spelled identically to his regular Raikoken super? And his voice clip for the Neo Max sounds like its the same voice clip that plays for that regular Raikoken super, but with an echo?

... whatever, I'm just gonna use the name and voice clips from XIV, which are both unique. And it's the same goddamn move!

I've got a few other things I'm still thinking about, like what to do about portraits. See, Benimaru's CvS outfit is unique to that series, so I can't use Hiroaki's art for the big portrait, like I have used for all my other SNK characters... unless perhaps some editing was involved, like King. And lookee here, someone's edited the XI art into Benimaru's XII/XIII look! Using this, I think I edit on some opera gloves onto his arms, slap a tattoo on there, and we'll be good to go!

Alternatively I can just make the default palette his KOF98-2002 look. But I'd rather keep the CvS look, cause the sprites were drawn specifically for that outfit; the color separation does a good job of transforming it into the KOF look, but it's not 100% perfect.
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Chun-Li MEGA-update beta and NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING
#5862  January 31, 2018, 04:55:36 am
    • USA
Let's talk about this:

good ol' background Goro over here is definitely something I'd like to add, but I never really considered (until now) that you can't just stick him in one place and expect it to work for every single stage. Like, consider the screen shot above: what if the stage was instead on a long, narrow bridge, with only enough room for the fighters on it? Daimon would just be floating in the air!

So, some stages might require different placements of Daimon so that where he's standing makes sense. Other times, there might not even be room for Daimon to stand, and he shouldn't appear at all (this happens in certain CvS2 stages, even). But I'm struggling on thinking of a good way to approach all this. Right now, I'm kinda thinking that the most reasonable option to take would be to figure ut the best Daimon placements for a select number of stages, and disable him for every other stage. Maybe crowd-source the specific stages Daimon should be compatible with, or something.

Lemme know what you all think!
Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:59:53 am by Jmorphman
#5863  January 31, 2018, 05:48:20 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Well first off, TIL that CvS2 had Goro Daimon cameos.

Using Dr. Wily by NDSilva as an example, Wily has a config file which allows you to basically choose which stages he can't use his UFO intro on. Maybe something like that, but the inverse for Daimon: A config file that lets the person pick which stages he'll appear on.
#5864  January 31, 2018, 06:34:46 am
    • USA
Oooh, the Wily config file is a really good solution! I think it'd be better to exclude stages which Daimon should not appear on (like what Wily does), rather than the inverse, though.
#5865  February 01, 2018, 11:11:27 am
why bother ? if he only stays there like a lemon  with hands I don't see the point of it.
Then people will be like, JMANZ ADD RYU TO KEN OR GUILE OT CHUN OR OR NASH OR ROR ASDAHD ASJD AASBGDSJKA DSAJKD BASKJDASDA
To be fair a toggle for him would be the best option if you really want to add him.
#5866  February 01, 2018, 02:24:06 pm
a config file for allowing player to have daimon appears or not regardless of any stages he will be in, since this is Mugen, something funny and a big lol will be fun

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: some clever pun involving Benimaru
#5867  February 03, 2018, 01:04:45 am
    • USA
Well, that's basically how it's gonna be! You can add stages to the config file to prevent Daimon from appearing in them, but he'll show up by default!

Separation is going very well, I'm more than halfway done! And that means... it's time to start thinking about FX.

As usual, I'll need some help with this; I'm only good at hires-ing stuff shaped like circles or arcs or similar! HELP A FELLOW OUT, WILL YOU?!?!
#5868  February 05, 2018, 08:16:10 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
You looking for double res?

If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#5869  February 05, 2018, 10:59:13 pm
    • USA
hell yes :swoon:
#5870  February 09, 2018, 04:04:29 am
    • USA

FUCK YES
#5871  February 09, 2018, 04:14:57 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Jmorph that looks sick can't wait to try out Beni once you finish him. About Chun-Li are you also updating Shadow Lady?
#5872  February 09, 2018, 04:18:54 am
    • USA
#5873  February 09, 2018, 04:24:56 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Thanks for the link.
#5874  February 09, 2018, 11:24:17 pm
I suck at kofXIV so badly I wanna play this  --;
#5875  March 01, 2018, 05:27:50 am
    • USA

only 81 more sprites left. In the home stretch now.
#5876  March 01, 2018, 06:47:04 am
    • Brazil
awesome, I haven't been up to date with everything, but from the last pages Benimaru is looking sick
#5877  March 06, 2018, 01:07:59 am
    • USA
Finally done with Benimaru, now onto Daimon... who uh, has over 200 sprites.

But it's actually gonna be really easy cuz most of them are identical, save for slight differences in his head/face! And also there's only 32 slots left for separation, so he's not gonna have anything major. Anyways, expect a template in the next few days, finally!
#5878  March 06, 2018, 01:17:46 am
200 sprites?!  o_O
#5879  March 06, 2018, 01:18:23 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Awesome also after you get done with Daimon are you planning on recoding Kyo?
#5880  March 06, 2018, 01:29:20 am
    • USA
Yep, Kyo is next in line with the updates I'm doing for everyone released before King.