Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#2901  January 18, 2018, 02:03:19 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Adpocalypse Now!
In an effort to regain advertisers’ trust, Google is announcing what it says are “tough but necessary” changes to YouTube monetization.

For one thing, it’s setting a higher bar for the YouTube Partner Program, which is what allows publishers to make money through advertising. Previously, they needed 10,000 total views to join the program. Starting today, channels also need to have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of view time in the past year. (For now, those are just requirements to join the program, but Google says it will also start applying them to current partners on February 20.)

This might assure marketers that their ads are less likely to run on random, fly-by-night channels, but as Google’s Paul Muret writes, “Of course, size alone is not enough to determine whether a channel is suitable for advertising.”

So in addition, he said:

"We will closely monitor signals like community strikes, spam, and other abuse flags to ensure they comply with our policies. Both new and existing YPP channels will be automatically evaluated under this strict criteria and if we find a channel repeatedly or egregiously violates our community guidelines, we will remove that channel from YPP. As always, if the account has been issued three community guidelines strikes, we will remove that user’s accounts and channels from YouTube."

Muret also described changes planned for the more exclusive Google Preferred program, which is supposed to be limited to the best and most popular content. Vlogger Logan Paul was part of Google Preferred until the controversy over his “suicide forest” video got him kicked out last week — a story that suggests some of the limitations to Google’s approach.

Moving forward, Muret said the program will offer “not only … the most popular content on YouTube, but also the most vetted.” That means everything in Google Preferred should be manually curated, with ads only running “on videos that have been verified to meet our ad-friendly guidelines.” (Looks like all those new content moderators will be busy.)
#2902  January 23, 2018, 12:40:05 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
If this means less shit shows up in my recommended videos, I'm all for it.
#2903  January 28, 2018, 05:00:44 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
hey it's me again to ask your advice on games again, this time on the sega genesis

now, i've never played any sega console just a little bit of sega dreamcast back in the day (it wasn't mine but I had it in my house for a while). anyway, i wanted to try the punisher game since i noticed it was ported to genesis (but not snes becasue fuck me) and then i decided i wanted to try some other games but had no idea where to start and i'm here for some advice.

i'm looking mostly for either action, adventure, some shooters, rpgs and of course, fighting games (not very good at the last 3) so let me know what you have for me.

don't bother recommending sonic. i've tried to play it before and i'm terrible at it so don't bother. >_<

oh! and in case anyone cares about the pokemon recommendation i asked before; i went to the store to buy pokemon y but they had none left and i'm still too poor to buy pokemon moon. :(
#2904  January 28, 2018, 05:17:46 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Gunstar Heroes and the Shinobi games are pretty good.
#2905  January 28, 2018, 05:34:20 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Streets of Rage 2, Adventures of Batman and Robin, I'm sure there are more non Sonic I used to play but nothing comes to mind besides stuff like Sunset Riders and Maximum Carnage which aren't really exclusive
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2906  January 28, 2018, 06:02:01 am
gunstar is a must get if you have sega megadrive, sonic and knuckles , shining force 2 (dunno if there was an english release of that game)  spider separation anxiety, double dragon & battle toads.
Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:05:44 am by 地獄の花
#2907  January 28, 2018, 06:51:11 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
-"Gunstar Heroes" for sure.
-Sonic 1-& Knuckles. All of them are good in either way.
-"Streets of Rage" 2-3. You can try SoR1 too, but it's, of course, worse than 2 and 3.
-Both "Battletoads".
-"Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3".
-"Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage", "Spider-Man vs Kingpin".
-You may have some fun time with "Taz-Mania", but try it on Emulator first.
-"Contra: Hard Corps", of course...
-A risky recommendation since the game is very specific... But "Skeleton Krew". Like with "Taz-Mania"- try it on Emulator first.
-Maaaaaan, "Road Rash". RR3 is f*cking MUST!
-"Super Street Fighter 2:  The New Challengers". Yes, not exclusive, but still- a good game to have on Sega.
;========================
Edit: after Nick's post I really remembered more games I could recommend.
-"Castlevania: Bloodlines".
-"TMNT: Hyperstone Heist".
-"Alladin", of course.
-"Ristar". Yeah, it's quite Sonic-like, but still, give it a try.
-Again: unexclusive, but great games for Sega: "The Lion King", "Earthworm Jim" 1 and 2.
Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:06:41 am by Trololo
#2908  January 28, 2018, 06:53:59 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
CONTRA HARD CORPS IS THE BEST FUCKING RUN N GAME EVER MADE, IF YOU DON'T PLAY IT THEN YOU'RE A CHUMP, FUCK CUPHEAD!!! (This Contra has a lot of focus on bosses which is where I feel Contra shines the most, it has 4 separate paths allowing for multiple replays as well as allowing for quick runs during some downtime so it doesn't overstay its welcome, 4 characters also open up the door for even more replays. It's also easy to get into imo as it's more focused on learning boss strats and not longer levels where off screen shit can take you by surprise, everything here is telegraphed ahead of time... for the most part anyway)

Uh Castlevania Bloodlines is also pretty good, unique take on CV and my lord that soundtrack is fucking godlike, like FUCK. Rocket Knight is also worth checking out, it's a platformer type game, I'm not too big on it myself but it's incredibly popular with collectors so I'd recommend it because of that. Bare Knuckle 3 is worth playing if you enjoyed playing Streets of Rage 2 just don't ever play Streets of Rage 3 as the balance for that localization was changed for the worse (Hard is now normal and there's way too many enemies on that difficulty, also if you play easy difficulty, which is normal mode, you don't get the actual endings for the game so yeah you wasted your time with it, in fact I think it does this with normal mode anyway.
TMNT Hyperstone Heist if you really liked Turtles in Time and wanted to see how the genesis handled it, I personally prefer this version as the run button just feels way better than double tapping, minor fucking reason yeah but man does it feel nice AF, bosses are a major downgrade though, may be a dealbreaker for some. A lot of people recommend Aladdin as it's more focused on action and fighting and many prefer that, I personally don't think it's really that good but play it if you want to try one of the more popular picks for the console, I think the SNES one is better since it's less frustrating and works better with Aladdin's character and story.

Stay way from Altered Beast, it's fucking bad, Kid Chameleon's a mixed bag but the fact you're not good at Sonic games tells me to avoid this one too.
Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:01:34 am by nick.
#2909  January 28, 2018, 10:58:03 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
I cannot reccomend Phantasy Star 4 enough.
(just don't level to 99)
Vectorman and its sequel are pretty good as well.
Decap Attack is amazing too.
#2910  January 29, 2018, 04:21:49 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
does anyone liked The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie
#2911  January 29, 2018, 05:10:07 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Stay way from Altered Beast, it's fucking bad, Kid Chameleon's a mixed bag but the fact you're not good at Sonic games tells me to avoid this one too.

Altered Beast is not that bad, its just too short and maybe too simple for its own good. Kid Chameleons is only good if you ever played all megaman's on a single seating.

And since no one mentioned, Golden Axe 1 and 2. GA1 kinda suffer's from the same problems as Altered Beast, but compensates with the setting/stages, and great special moves. plus is worth to check the worst ending of all time. GA2 is one of the great games for the console.

EDIT:  OH, COMIX ZONE. probably the most interesting mix of comic books and video games there is.
Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:45:15 pm by Tony 3rd
#2912  February 01, 2018, 02:02:11 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Dragon Ball Super EPS 126 in a nutshell:

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#2913  February 02, 2018, 06:21:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

#2914  February 02, 2018, 08:47:42 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

That's a pretty interesting way to illustrate lag on online games vs arcade, but...
I'm talking about the speed of light. It's 300 kilometers per second.

The speed of light is three hundred thousand kilometers per second. If light was that slow a round trip trough japan would take 16.6667 seconds instead of 0.0167 seconds.
#2915  February 03, 2018, 05:11:06 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'd love to say it was a typo, but they did it twice >.<
#2916  February 06, 2018, 04:10:44 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
#2917  February 06, 2018, 08:52:12 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
The best kind of asshole though

I miss you brah
#2918  February 07, 2018, 01:43:49 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I miss yall too and if I had my way I'd still be a regular here  :)
#2919  February 09, 2018, 02:40:39 pm
So I was watching random boxing matches and i found this josh kelly with a 3 win record and i can tell this guy is the next manny pacquiao/may weather of boxing. fast , agile and has a knock out punch too.
a future world class champ indeed.
#2920  February 12, 2018, 04:35:09 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
That was great, dude is very light on his feet. His defense is deceptive because he keeps his hands down like he's open but he's able to sway so fast. And good lord look how fast he can throw those combos.