YesNoOk

Ryu SFV inspired wip  (Read 20762 times)

Started by Memo, February 06, 2018, 12:14:39 pm
Share this topic:
Ryu SFV inspired wip
#1  February 06, 2018, 12:14:39 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
https://www.sendspace.com/file/n1m7it

Here is my Ryu wip based of his SFV version.  Made some changes to the pots system
to make him feel a bit different than the rest, removed the side step(dodge) and
replaced it with a focus attack.  Im currently working on transforming max mode
into a variation of his V-Trigger, its not done yet. I feel ryu it complete enough for
some testing and bug reporting if you encounter any.

While in Max mode(v trigger)ryus attacks do less push back to allow you to be able
to perform some of his SFV combos, not all but some. He wont be a perfect
SFV conversion because SFV's system is vastly different than cvs(pots).
SFV's attacks do very little push back and that wont work well with this
gameplay system so im experimenting with ways to balance him out.
Enjoy and leave me some feed back.
It can be canceled into from basic attacks, non command normals like SFV
and has a brief pause, can also be cancel out of a taunt and it loosens
the juggle limit for more combo possibilities.
You can bait enemys with a taunt and set them up with it.

Whats left?

A couple new animations.
v-trigger attacks such as his powered up hadoken, shoryuken and denjin hado.
Bug Fixes and minor graphical shit.

I dont know how to tag users but i need assistance with the buffer system
from JNP or Jmorphman, ryus focus attack has a no auto turn on all the states
with persistant = 1 and if a enemy hops over him his focus attack dash cancel
commands reverse, i need some help with that please lol.
Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:18:24 pm by Memo
Re: Ryu SFV inspired wip
#2  February 06, 2018, 01:58:21 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Just type in the @symbol, followed by the username (how its actually written tho), followed by a colon.

Other than that, looks neat. Might test it out if I can.
This is a generic forum signature.
#3  February 06, 2018, 02:52:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The commands involve facing. If you want the commands to not follow facing then you'll need to make the appropriate changes in the command. But IIRC if you do a focus in SF4 and the opponent jumps over you tapping back back still dashes backwards.
#4  February 06, 2018, 04:12:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
The commands involve facing. If you want the commands to not follow facing then you'll need to make the appropriate changes in the command. But IIRC if you do a focus in SF4 and the opponent jumps over you tapping back back still dashes backwards.

It should work like you mentioned, I tried changing around the facing values in the
cmd but it didn't fix the issue. Ive been trying to fix it forever lol only thing I haven't
tried yet is creating a whole new cmd explod, I'm using the same cmd used for dashing.
Should I create a new explod just for the focus attack?

Just type in the @symbol, followed by the username (how its actually written tho), followed by a colon.

Other than that, looks neat. Might test it out if I can.

test it out dude and thanks for the tip.
#5  February 06, 2018, 07:03:43 pm
  • Niigasan
im digging this dude so far some things i noticed:
-idk know if its intentional but he can still do fwd and back dodge roll

-his focus attack doesnt cause knockdown?

-when connecting with shoryuken from about 4 steps back from when hes close to the op the op recovers mid-air

-ive always liked the idea of a focus attack in pots chars i remember there was an evil ryu edited from mwryly's and it had a focus attack he was my favorite back then just for that.

-Just to be clear, he wont have shinku tatsumaki, lvl 1 version of his shoryuken, or a lvl 2 version of his shinku hadouken?

-i like the inclusion of some sfv combos but i feel like there could be more without the use of his v-trigger mode like smp, smp to shoryuken because when u do it without the v-trigger the shoryuken will whiff leaving him wideee open which doesnt make any sense because u pulled off the right combo and it just misses, like your getting punished for using the combo without the v-trigger mode.

I like him so far though

lui

#6  February 06, 2018, 09:43:26 pm
    • USA
judging from what I played in both this and the beta, he seems like a great jumping off point for other "pots" style stuff using the command buffering system but for ryu himself, I think sticking to sfv's accuracy both benefits and hurts him in some ways.

being accurate is great and all but you're also bringing in some of the downsides of his sfv incarnation such as not being able to tatsu while jumping backwards and such. I recommend sticking to what makes him great but also improving what Capcom took away from him and make it even better than that.
#7  February 06, 2018, 10:21:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
judging from what I played in both this and the beta, he seems like a great jumping off point for other "pots" style stuff using the command buffering system but for ryu himself, I think sticking to sfv's accuracy both benefits and hurts him in some ways.

being accurate is great and all but you're also bringing in some of the downsides of his sfv incarnation such as not being able to tatsu while jumping backwards and such. I recommend sticking to what makes him great but also improving what Capcom took away from him and make it even better than that.

I'll look into it but it was done on purpose to keep his SFV personality.

im digging this dude so far some things i noticed:
-idk know if its intentional but he can still do fwd and back dodge roll

-his focus attack doesnt cause knockdown?

-when connecting with shoryuken from about 4 steps back from when hes close to the op the op recovers mid-air

-ive always liked the idea of a focus attack in pots chars i remember there was an evil ryu edited from mwryly's and it had a focus attack he was my favorite back then just for that.

-Just to be clear, he wont have shinku tatsumaki, lvl 1 version of his shoryuken, or a lvl 2 version of his shinku hadouken?

-i like the inclusion of some sfv combos but i feel like there could be more without the use of his v-trigger mode like smp, smp to shoryuken because when u do it without the v-trigger the shoryuken will whiff leaving him wideee open which doesnt make any sense because u pulled off the right combo and it just misses, like your getting punished for using the combo without the v-trigger mode.

I like him so far though

What up dude

.I removed dodge but kept the rolls
.i didnt add knockdown to focus attack just so its compatible with all chars
.in some versions of sf2 his shoryu wont knockdown if your far, got the idea from that lol
.i didn't know that char had focus attack?
.im not sure he needs those supers, he has enough tools but ill check it out.
.i gotta keep his pushback on attacks some what close to cvs standards.
.thanks!

#8  February 06, 2018, 10:34:44 pm
  • Niigasan
can u even do moves after the focus attack? i tried and u cant combo anything after that. I get that u like to go for the whole accuracy thing and whatnot, but why add sfv combos if u can only do those combos during v-trigger? Im saying theres no point for him to be able to do them in regular mode at all then if its just gonna whiff. it takes from his gameplay.
#9  February 06, 2018, 10:37:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
can u even do moves after the focus attack? i tried and u cant combo anything after that. I get that u like to go for the whole accuracy thing and whatnot, but why add sfv combos if u can only do those combos during v-trigger? Im saying theres no point for him to be able to do them in regular mode at all then if its just gonna whiff. it takes from his gameplay.

You gotta dash cancel out of the focus attack and you gain
a shit ton of + advantage frames
#10  February 06, 2018, 11:10:13 pm
  • Niigasan
awe shit i forgot about that, he doesnt have his clk clp chain is that intentional? one more thing, i think his sfv damage values are a bit high using them against other pots chars he does really high damage a 5 hit combo does 280 damage. but dude i fr think u should get rid of combos that whiff in his normal mode and only work in his v-trigger mode, i dont think its right to get punished for combos that are supposed to work but wont because your using accurate system of pushback.

lui

#11  February 06, 2018, 11:13:15 pm
    • USA
i think the damage is good enough since he's pretty slow compared to most other characters in the same style
#12  February 06, 2018, 11:14:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
awe shit i forgot about that, he doesnt have his clk clp chain is that intentional? one more thing, i think his sfv damage values are a bit high using them against other pots chars he does really high damage a 5 hit combo does 280 damage. but dude i fr think u should get rid of combos that whiff in his normal mode and only work in his v-trigger mode, i dont think its right to get punished for combos that are supposed to work but wont because your using accurate system of pushback.

Hmm I thought I had that chain in there, ill add it.

I actually lowered all the damage values because of that but in max
mode he gets buffed up.  Ill check it out.

I'll see what I can do for the combos.
#13  February 06, 2018, 11:25:10 pm
  • Niigasan
the combo i did was the smp smp, ex joudan, ex hadouken if u think the damage is good on that, then its coo its your char after all, i dont think hes slow though i did a arcade run and beat it but he was killin mofos with that combo lol. Great job though bruh.
#14  February 06, 2018, 11:29:12 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
the combo i did was the smp smp, ex joudan, ex hadouken if u think the damage is good on that, then its coo its your char after all, i dont think hes slow though i did a arcade run and beat it but he was killin mofos with that combo lol. Great job though bruh.

Ryu is the destroyer of mofos, he beat bison and akuma! Lol
I probably forgot to check out the damage on joudan and
ex hado theres still a couple attacks im tweaking damage on.
Thanks I forgot about those.
#15  February 09, 2018, 06:50:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I had a ton of HDBZ stuff I had to knock out this week.

I placed this inside his Focus state and he dashes as he should

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90001016)) || (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90001064))
value = ifElse(P2dist x < 0,105,110)
ctrl = 0
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90001064)) || (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90001016))
value = ifElse(P2dist x < 0,110,105)
ctrl = 0

I noticed you had an unneeded trigger for his dash fwd
Code:
triggerAll = ((ifElse(P2DisT x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90000006)) || (ifElse(P2DisT x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90000004)))

And if you are wanting more accuracy from Capcom games you may want to add this turn code into your -2

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Note: The distance here is used from HDBZ. For CVS2 you will need to test how far behind the axis they can go before a char can turn. If you don't want to manually count pixels by jumping over and counting the pixels distance in X axis from each axis before the standing char turns then I'd prob use 8, 9, or 10.

You will have to make these changes to all of your triggers that involve the distance behind player as well.
#16  February 09, 2018, 11:13:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I had a ton of HDBZ stuff I had to knock out this week.

I placed this inside his Focus state and he dashes as he should

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90001016)) || (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90001064))
value = ifElse(P2dist x < 0,105,110)
ctrl = 0
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90001064)) || (ifElse(P2dist x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90001016))
value = ifElse(P2dist x < 0,110,105)
ctrl = 0

I noticed you had an unneeded trigger for his dash fwd
Code:
triggerAll = ((ifElse(P2DisT x < 0, Facing = -1, Facing = 1) && NumExplod(90000006)) || (ifElse(P2DisT x < 0, Facing = 1, Facing = -1) && NumExplod(90000004)))

And if you are wanting more accuracy from Capcom games you may want to add this turn code into your -2

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Note: The distance here is used from HDBZ. For CVS2 you will need to test how far behind the axis they can go before a char can turn. If you don't want to manually count pixels by jumping over and counting the pixels distance in X axis from each axis before the standing char turns then I'd prob use 8, 9, or 10.

You will have to make these changes to all of your triggers that involve the distance behind player as well.

Hey thanks for the help I'll get right on this once I get back
home, no need to apologize for taking long I'm currently
revamping Ryu based on feedback.

I'm removing the nerfs from SFV and building him up based
of his best attributes he had in his game incarnations.

So far ive removed his nerf to his tatsu and added his CVS
far LK, close MK, neutral JLK and neutral JHK.

Next I'm gonna rework his tatsu and the vels, probably remake
the whole animation

More coming soon
#17  February 20, 2018, 01:24:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Got a new update up, Ryus got some new stuff and changes and I
also put in a little bonus for you guys to check out as well with ryu.
I still have to finish doing his v-trigger mode and his powered up
attacks, some super fx stuff, and some shit i forgot.

I feel like mugen doesnt have enough ryu's.

the bonus char is still missing an ex special and a couple more supers,
i will change the voice fx's to something else too.
#18  February 24, 2018, 03:46:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Is my ryu perfect so no feedback required?
Or do you guys just don't give a crap about
having an updated ryu besides pots ryu that's
been around for over a decade and its variations
with the same old stuff?

Geez this place is dying out
#19  February 24, 2018, 03:59:17 am
  • Niigasan
i played it, its fine, i mean maybe its because its just another ryu idk tbh not to take anything from the one you made, but they maybe just satisfied with the ryu that mwryly or ansatsuken made. plus, vyn did just release a cool ass ryu to.
#20  February 24, 2018, 04:28:31 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It seems like nobody's really interested in a updated
ryu with new animations & shit.

Theres tons of different versions of pots ryu, and the
same old cvs2 animations.

Damn you guys ain't interested in having something
different for a change?