YesNoOk

Joe and Retsu gifs (Read 11021 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, February 03, 2018, 08:54:43 pm
Joe and Retsu gifs
#1  February 03, 2018, 08:54:43 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Can anyone make these? I tried it on ezgif.com but the ones there aren't permanent. If so, that would be awesome :-)

Re: Joe and Retsu gifs
#2  February 03, 2018, 08:56:57 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You could make them in fighter factory and upload it
to imgur and post the bb code link.

Create the animations in Fighter Factory and save as gif.
#3  February 04, 2018, 12:47:39 am
don't worry i will be working on these characters
#4  February 05, 2018, 04:45:55 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well cool man, I look forward to that ^_^ Do you think you could post a video when you're done?

Also, I'm not sure how to use Fighter Maker.
#5  February 05, 2018, 06:38:24 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Okay, I made gifs for Joe since I had to TURN sprites to Color Indexed and Retsu's sprites could really worse situation with imperfect palette already... But I have to show you that you still got a lot of things to do anyway.
-Stance. It seems that you fixed his ugly elbow, but jumpy/unstable muscles on hands are still there. They just move unnaturally much, "jiggling". They don't need to be static, but still.

-Intro. It's just unfinished. His movement overall doesn't look like it could really throw jacket far away. The sprite when he turns aroud to grab his jacket has cot out elbow. And for f*ck's sake, where are sprites for his recover into stance after throw? And man, DAT HAND... It really bugs me from the very beginning, but not because it feels broken, but because of these mechanoloid's stripes of relief instead of muscles.

-Jab. Shoes.

-Medium Punch. It was a bad idea overall to make his Gut Punch like this... Too slow, too noticeable brace for a NORMAL attack... Besides, it really doesn't looks like Joe's original, Dodgy/Haymaker-like Gut Punch. So, really, you need to remake it. AT LEAST like Cody's Jawbreaker. It still doesn't looks too much like Joe's punch, but it's the closest you can find to redraw for if we don't count original sprites, of course... And we DON'T!
And yes, it's unfinished either since Joe doesn't have adequate recovery sprites...

-Hard Punch. Again, a jumpy shoe is messing the picture... Besides, move just doesn't look impactful. It looks much more like Medium Punch...

-Light Kick. Well, that's the only animation I'm totally fine with, even though static head makes the picture slightly worse...

-Medium Kick. Now that static head really stands out... And again, a lack of impact. Even for a Medium Attack.

-Hard Kick. The case, then at first normal sprites looks MUCH WORSE when animated... Joe feels too jumpy/unstable overall, lacks impact... So, yeah, you've got to do some errands on it.
P.S.: really, use Guile's High Kick as a reference, That's the closest to Joe's original Kick you can get and it looks totally fine about character's stability and strength of the attack.

-And now... The Main Event... Joe's Famous Kick. It looks really strange when static, Joe version AGAIN feels somehow weak... But when you look at it in motion, it looks much better.

P.S.: FF messed the second animation's timing up. It's supposed to be much faster.
So, yeah. Take notes and learn how to use Photoshop and FF. Watching move being animated may really help to see something you can't see watching on static sprites...
Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:14:30 am by Trololo
#6  February 05, 2018, 10:24:48 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot man, that is really cool. ^_^

I will try to fix the stance later, I think the rest looks okay though, might add one more sprite for the intro if I can figure out a good pose that might make taking the jacket off look smoother. If they needed to, the body punch could just be a hard punch and the head one could be medium.

I was okay with the kicks though. I thought a little bit about Lyoto Machida when I was making those. He doesn't turn his head when  he kicks most of the the time. Founds some pics:

here's another (btw I dont own these pictures):

also Bruce Lee threw his punches like Joe does his body punch:

Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:32:47 pm by SiL3Nt J
#7  February 05, 2018, 10:39:21 pm
-Medium Punch. It was a bad idea overall to make his Gut Punch like this... Too slow, too noticeable brace for a NORMAL attack... Besides, it really doesn't looks like Joe's original, Dodgy/Haymaker-like Gut Punch. So, really, you need to remake it. AT LEAST like Cody's Jawbreaker. It still doesn't looks too much like Joe's punch, but it's the closest you can find to redraw for if we don't count original sprites, of course... And we DON'T!
And yes, it's unfinished either since Joe doesn't have adequate recovery sprites...

also Bruce Lee threw his punches like Joe does his body punch:

I don't think Joe does the same punch as Bruce Lee did.
The pose is all different, he guards himself with his other hand or at least he has some sort of guard going on there.
Joe on the other hand (haha, get it? :-\) is wide open, it doesn't seem like an attack that was thought up with martials arts in mind.

Also the shoes are jumpy in most of the animations, so they're not really okay.

-Jab. Shoes.

I wouldn't say the shoes are the only problem here. Everything moves for what is in reality just a jab, there shouldn't be so much movement on his pants.
#8  February 06, 2018, 11:21:44 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmm ok, I think for the jab I will just have to edit the stance again. What happened was I used Dee Jay for most of the bases for the sprites, but for some sprites I used Cody as a base. I will just have to edit the pants to make them look like Dee Jay's with the shading ad maybe make them a little bigger. Maybe I will do that after I finish the other SF1 guys.

Not sure if I will change the shoes though, I think they look ok. Try these for the recovery for the middle punch, just pasted these together:

#9  February 07, 2018, 05:44:55 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Nah, man. It looks more clunky... Besides, it still looks like a very unprofitable punch, like I said, because of wide startup. I don't even need to tell you, how much does this careless uppercut-like gut punch resemble his original gut punch...

Not saying you that you shall recreate this animation, but really, his original punch looks much more thought out of Joe to use. So, like I said earlier, you've got to do something, this punch of yours is really BAD to be used as a normal attack, Just BAD.
#10  February 07, 2018, 11:46:45 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmm ok, well I was looking at his SF1 recovery sprite for that punch and frankensprited this:

#11  February 08, 2018, 02:32:04 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Nah, man. You won't get a good animation when brace and hit are quite high, but recovery is quite low.

But you know... These sprites ARE something to work with. That second frame can even be a savior for your version of a hit. Still needs an extra frame to make the animation more fluid and slow (With two frames, for now, SUCH hit is only good as Weak Punch).

P.S.: still suggesting you look into Cody's Jawbreaker...
#12  February 08, 2018, 10:07:59 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmmm that second one looks okay to me. Try one of these if you want another frame though, or maybe both:

#13  February 15, 2018, 04:57:06 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Made another attempt at fixing the stance, I think it looks much better now. Just have to fix the shading on the pants to make it match Dee Jay's: