YesNoOk

Dormammu released by Gladiacloud & Shinzankuro (Read 82087 times)

Started by Gladiacloud, February 11, 2018, 10:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dormammu released by Gladiacloud & Shinzankuro
#21  February 12, 2018, 01:29:03 am
    • USA
    • cody2552001@gmail.com
So excited now that we have Dormammu, as for that bug with his level 3 when he dose it to him self he don't stay in the air but when it happens to other characters they stay in the air but so far he's great expect a video soon awesome job guys :D
#22  February 12, 2018, 01:30:34 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I've updated Dormammu with the fixes. I sended the update to mah boy Gladia, sooner or later he will update the first post with the new link! :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#23  February 12, 2018, 01:33:40 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
For your final character, this is probably the best one you ever made. Thanks for the release!

Edit: I found some issues with the character. Here they are:
-His voice sounds cuts off when does his basic attacks in the air and lands on the ground.
-If Purification hits, it can be used constantly creating an infinite as the opponent is being juggled and unable to block.
-Dormammu can't do a standing medium attack while walking forward after performing Flame Carpet until the flames are gone.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:53:57 am by SolidZone 26
#24  February 12, 2018, 01:45:20 am
wow ver nice! awesome release!
#25  February 12, 2018, 02:02:28 am
  • Niigasan
Great job man making your dream come true i know it feels good, very fun, great character man
#26  February 12, 2018, 05:07:31 am
His F+HP Can be done as an infinite when next to the opponent in the corner. Also doesn't cause the combo meter to go up when used into itself.
The readme says chaotic flare can be used in the air when it can't be. His stalking flare doesn't disappear when it's been hit enough and instead just floats around without a hitbox following anyways. Also there's no effect for him going up during a super jump like in MvC. And his standing lights and mediums knock down aerial opponents for some reason.
#27  February 12, 2018, 05:08:50 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
In UMVC3, Dormammu can execute dark spell (creator and destructor) in the air.  Did you guys decide against implementing this function?

Any plans to add the glow effects of dark spell to his hands in his other anims?

Also, for his basic attacks (swing effects), they seem to extend beyond where his arms move.  Especially for crouching HP and standing HP.  Looks strange imo.  Similar issue in your Ton Pooh with the blade effects on her kick special.

Great character!  Amazing sprites as usual, Gladiacloud!
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:20:30 am by Violin Ken
#28  February 12, 2018, 05:10:12 am
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
His F+HP Can be done as an infinite when next to the opponent in the corner. Also doesn't cause the combo meter to go up when used into itself.
The readme says chaotic flare can be used in the air when it can't be. His stalking flare doesn't disappear when it's been hit enough and instead just floats around without a hitbox following anyways. Also there's no effect for him going up during a super jump like in MvC. And his standing lights and mediums knock down aerial opponents for some reason.

Actually, the projectile does go away like it's intended to after dealing 20 hits to the opponent.
It's just that when the projectile gets reversed that it doesn't go away.
#29  February 12, 2018, 05:41:34 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Just when I thought I wouldn't see a legit Dormammu character in M.U.G.E.N. for at least 2 years this shows up on the screen. Superb production. I can only imagine how cool this character would look with hi-res hit sparks. Will test. If only I had this kind of ambition with Nova.
#30  February 12, 2018, 07:34:36 am
    • USA
Just when I thought I wouldn't see a legit Dormammu character in M.U.G.E.N. for at least 2 years this shows up on the screen. Superb production. I can only imagine how cool this character would look with hi-res hit sparks. Will test. If only I had this kind of ambition with Nova.

somebody loan this man some ambition STAT
#31  February 12, 2018, 09:09:35 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Link updated on first post ;)
#32  February 12, 2018, 09:20:07 am
  • Some Party
    • USA
Just had to login to say that you are the man! I love your characters and this one is your masterpiece! Thank you for your hard work!
#33  February 12, 2018, 09:31:03 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Awesome job, mugen needs more character like this. Thanks
#34  February 12, 2018, 09:35:22 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I think the Dark Dimension move is still bugged. Now the screen is down on the ground, but it causes the screen to shake rapidly and the opponent is stuck after the move finishes. You should take a look at that again.

These issues I posted may have been overlooked as ShinZankuro updated the character already before I had the chance to post it:
-His voice sounds cuts off when does his basic attacks in the air and lands on the ground.
-If Purification hits, it can be used constantly creating an infinite as the opponent is being juggled and unable to block.
-Dormammu can't do a standing medium attack while walking forward after performing Flame Carpet until the flames are gone.

I also have a suggestion is to add some quotes, I noticed he doesn't have any when I was using him on Arcade mode. I also noticed that he doesn't have unique dialogue with other characters such as Dante or Dr. Strange. He seems to have the same intro and winpose with no variation. Here's a video if you want some ideas:
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#35  February 12, 2018, 09:41:19 am
yeah the bug persist...albeit with a lot of shaking
#36  February 12, 2018, 10:00:21 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Link updated. Again.

Maybe I solved Dark Dimension problem.
#37  February 12, 2018, 10:28:35 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Other than the visually hideous state of his large portrait (and the pressing matters that have already been discussed), I found your emulation of Dormammu to be rather palatable.

This could be of some use to you, Gladiacloud. :wink2:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#38  February 12, 2018, 12:45:36 pm
Great job guys!
#39  February 12, 2018, 02:29:48 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
This looks awesome, thanks for making him.
#40  February 12, 2018, 03:32:59 pm