YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1868068 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#2921  February 12, 2018, 10:17:37 am
been reading some reports this guy is barely known, journalist who only covers Olympics and non-pro are the ones who have stories about him. this guy is something that every boxing enthusiast should see.
#2922  February 20, 2018, 03:52:42 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

Fun fact: Mortal Kombat and Sabrina The Teenage Witch take place in the same universe. In 1997, to promote the upcoming sequel Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa reprised his role as Shang Tsung from the first film in an episode of Sabrina The Teenage Witch entitled “Get Over… YOURSELF.” It is revealed that Shang Tsung is actually Sabrina’s uncle by marriage, and while in town on business, he pays the Spellmans a brief visit. Sabrina’s aunts are not thrilled when Shang Tsung fixes dinner–raw boar–or when he takes Salem’s soul after the cat insults him. To get it back, Sabrina agrees to help promote that year’s Mortal Kombat tournament; shenanigans ensue.

Doesnt seems to be legit sadly
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2923  February 20, 2018, 08:23:27 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#2924  February 21, 2018, 01:09:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, afaik it's an old misunderstanding because a mugen creator way back in 2000 or 2001 (mugen being was still alive and he posted there) released a mugen remake of brutal.

_____

and damn, python is so nice for it's uses; I just took some notes at work in this format

Code:
this 
and that

1 data some explanation
2 data
3 data more explanation

then repeat

as I was doing some research for work, then I shared  that to my suprrvisor and one person external to the department, so I tried to put it as a html page to make it  more readable. 10 python instructions allowed me to properly format the data as a html table in a few minutes.
Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:32:55 am by Bastard Mami
#2925  February 21, 2018, 07:20:54 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I might still have that on a cd somewhere.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#2926  February 22, 2018, 11:32:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
And I found another "vegans are wrong" study to pile up with the "more animal die when ging for a vegan diet" and "vegan diets are a crime against biodiversity" ones (the latest two being made by former ( because of thier research) vegans).

Now I present you the "vegan diets can't feed more people than omnivorie diets" article.
That's mostly becuase not all land is fit for cultivating vegan food; some land is better used for grazing and other land can't be used for agriculture at all, but sure can chickens walk on top of it. so diet with 40% 60% meat including meals are about as effective as a vegan one; then the effectivenes shoot while disminishing the meat a bit while always keeping milk and eggs as part of your diet.

https://www.elementascience.org/articles/10.12952/journal.elementa.000116/
#2927  February 23, 2018, 12:48:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
It's almost like humans didn't start domesticating animals just because they didn't understand entropy.

Besides cattle grazing in unfarmable land, pigs can feed on literal garbage. Vegans can't seem to separate the problems caused by industrial scale farming have little to do with farming itself and everything to do with making any activity on an industrial scale.
#2928  February 23, 2018, 01:16:34 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Agreed .
The vegans that refer to omnivores as carnivores make it a point that they don't even know what they are talking about.
#2929  February 23, 2018, 04:53:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I just stumbled upon this excellet post by matthe bates in quora

What misconceptions do Americans have about the USA?

Some Americans tend to see all 200,000,000 or so white Americans as being the same culture, and thus they’re more open to criticizing those white Americans who do things that they don’t agree with, while they’d never think of saying that about a different non-white culture.

I guess another way of saying that is that some Americans only think about respecting other cultures if the people from those other cultures aren’t white.

For example, suppose there’s a family with a teenage daughter. The family has a rule: the daughter cannot date until she is 16, and even then, she can only date boys approved by the parents first.

I know some Americans who would criticize those parents for being out-of-touch and too controlling of their daughter’s life… if it’s a white family we’re talking about. If it’s, say, an Indian or Muslim family, those same Americans I know wouldn’t criticize the family, but say something like, “they’re from a different culture, and we should respect that.”

Or, suppose a white family refused to let their daughter go out in public in an outfit that showed her shoulders. A lot of people would criticize that family, while at the same time respecting the family down the street that insists their daughter cover her hair when leaving the house. Why? Because the family down the street isn’t white, so therefore they’re from a different culture that must be respected.

There are a lot of Americans who respect the cultural differences of their non-white neighbors, but not the cultural differences of white people who live on the other side of the country.

I listen to a lot of progressive talk radio, and the radio hosts constantly mock and criticize rural and Southern white voters in ways that they’d never do for any non-white person. In fact, they’d be fired if they said some of those things about non-white people. They don’t recognize that those rural and Southern white voters are also from a completely different culture than they are, even if they (the hosts) are also white Americans.

Before you say something about a white American, imagine you were saying the same thing to a non-white person. Do you sound like a bigot or xenophobe when you use those same words on a non-white person? Then maybe you shouldn’t use them on a white person, even if you are also white. That doesn’t mean you’re from the same culture.

In my hometown in the South, many whites would say that they have more in common with their Southern-raised black neighbors or the newly-arrived Hispanic immigrants than they have in common with other white Americans from New England or the West Coast. Those Southern whites, blacks, and Hispanics are more likely to share the same values about family and Christianity than Northern and West Coast whites share.
#2930  February 25, 2018, 04:33:40 am
  • all is love in fair and war
imagine if human evolves to be half the size or less like other modern animal species that were much larger in the past, lots of world problem would be solved
#2931  February 25, 2018, 01:14:11 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#2932  February 26, 2018, 07:13:32 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Damn just heard what happened to Kevin Smith. Glad he is okay
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2933  February 27, 2018, 12:42:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have been studying AI ; every once in a while I find an example similar to this.

Once upon a time, the US Army wanted to use neural networks to automatically detect camouflaged enemy tanks. The researchers trained a neural net on 50 photos of camouflaged tanks in trees, and 50 photos of trees without tanks. Using standard techniques for supervised learning, the researchers trained the neural network to a weighting that correctly loaded the training set - output "yes" for the 50 photos of camouflaged tanks, and output "no" for the 50 photos of forest. This did not ensure, or even imply, that new examples would be classified correctly. The neural network might have "learned" 100 special cases that would not generalize to any new problem. Wisely, the researchers had originally taken 200 photos, 100 photos of tanks and 100 photos of trees. They had used only 50 of each for the training set. The researchers ran the neural network on the remaining 100 photos, and without further training the neural network classified all remaining photos correctly. Success confirmed! The researchers handed the finished work to the Pentagon, which soon handed it back, complaining that in their own tests the neural network did no better than chance at discriminating photos.

It turned out that in the researchers' data set, photos of camouflaged tanks had been taken on cloudy days, while photos of plain forest had been taken on sunny days. The neural network had learned to distinguish cloudy days from sunny days, instead of distinguishing camouflaged tanks from empty forest.

The version I read before was the subway version, where they wanted to train the AI so it would close the doors when there was enough people, but the instead of reading the amount of people waiting for the subway learned to open/close the doors based on the hour in the  digital clocks that were in the station.
#2934  February 27, 2018, 01:26:26 am
And that's the one way AIs might one day kill everyone, not because they'd suddenly knowingly turn against us Skynet-style but because they accumulated automatic learning based on wrong observations and nobody bothered to check.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2935  February 28, 2018, 01:19:09 am
  • all is love in fair and war
but the subway's AI is right, the train must close door and depart based on time schedule, whether they're full or empty right? as long as the door mechanism have a safe-fail sensor for trapped object
#2936  February 28, 2018, 06:04:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ah, not those doors, the doors to get into the platform, before boarding the train.
#2937  March 02, 2018, 04:08:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Estimate which variable gives the largest information gain. Information gain is the reduction in entropy of the dependant variable when the state of the independent variable is known.

I am not sure I would have been able to understand that phrase intuitively before I started studying ML; I know some people tht went directly into the cool stuff without studying the basics, so I felt a bit jealous of that, but after reading that phrase now I know that studying the basics first was a good desition.

(I am currently readigna  post on explainable AI)
#2938  March 06, 2018, 05:43:42 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
just two words:

isekai
putin

#2939  March 08, 2018, 05:59:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#2940  March 08, 2018, 06:28:28 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
LMAO.
Lasagna