YesNoOk

Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game! (Read 363234 times)

Started by Xenomic, December 20, 2012, 12:36:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!
#341  December 02, 2017, 05:47:33 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

I'm slacking a bit here and there, eh?

===============================================
            CHARACTERS

*Sanae:
  *Can now equip the Demon Charm.

ENEMIES/BOSSES

*Sara's 40% resist to Instant Death is now immunity to Instant Death.
*Mirror Hope's Speed reduced from 125 to 60. Can no longer use Haste, Bravery, Protect, Faith, Regen, Mind Blast, or Cura. Now mirrors what mode Hope is in. Mirror Hope now gains Angelsong, Wall, and Fairy Circle.
*Gloom's Speed reduced from 110 to 60.

EQUIPMENT

*Night Goggles and Enchanted Choker reduced from 4000 yen to 2000 yen.
*Defense Pendalum reduced from 5000 yen to 3500 yen.

SYSTEM

*All status animations fixed, save for characters without proper status animations for some statuses.
*Row has been removed from the game. Make a backup of RPG_RT.exe just in case any bugs occur!

Outside of that, not much has happened. Been busy playing a lot of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and just procrastinating. I have all the dialogue written up, including the ending and credits stuff, just have to put it all into the game. Following that is just touching up on events/bosses, and then finally adding in more sidequests.

Now, here is where I am asking for help: As you probably have seen, Hope has a couple sprites done by Graphicus; her idle animation, and her skill use animation. However, I am still missing animations for her to be complete for the game (Walk Left, Walk Right, Defend (I may have this one already though??), Dead, Use Item, Damaged, Attack, Victory. Other extras may be things like Confusion, Petrify, etc.). On top of that, I also need to get Chaos some sprites. So, is there anyone willing to try to help finish sprites for the game? It's honestly not very many animations/sprites. In fact, this is about how many there are in the game total:

Note: The sprites are sized down versions of the original. If the sprites are done, they'd need to be of the original sprite sizes that I use that's not on the sheet. This is done so they can be resized down properly, and the sprites may be reused elsewhere at some point too).

These are examples of what would be needed for both. For reference, here's what's shown on Marisa's spritesheets.

1) Idle, KO, Defend, Damaged, Walk Right
2) Attack
3) Skill Use, Item Use
4) Victory

The amount of sprites per spritesheet is 25 max. The frames don't need to be that long either.

Now, you may be wondering, what about compensation? Sadly, I cannot gift nor pay anything to anyone, so it would have to be for the sake of wanting to help or just to be nice. Which would be very, very welcomed to help finish this nearly 11-year old game off once and for all.

Thank you all, and hope the game turns out to be something worth the 11 years of work!
#342  January 27, 2018, 11:20:04 pm
    • USA
i am stuck a bit. I just completed the underschool and have made it to the over world. but i cannot figure out where to go to continue the story line. i have not rescued cirno because kayuga cannot be beat as of yet. but i think i have went everywhere else and cannot gain admittance to any related location like the forest of ice. i think i probably need youmu but cannot get there. or is there another place i need to go? i forgot to mention i also went back to the shrine prior to the underschool.
#343  January 27, 2018, 11:22:32 pm
    • USA
If you completed Underschool, meaning you beat Tenshi there, then you should've been taken directly to Youkai Mountain upon leaving the exit outside. Otherwise, please go back there and go to the narrow path by the exit. If that doesn't work, you may need to get the latest download, if you haven't yet, as that fixed that issue (the map was updated at some point, but the trigger for the event wasn't in the right place. That was fix in a later version of the game).
#344  January 28, 2018, 12:55:18 am
    • USA
i guess somehow i had managed to avoid the trigger on the path. i thought you meant to go back into the underschool because i thought the path you mentioned was in there. but on the way to get there i triggered the event so I am now on track again.
#345  January 28, 2018, 01:36:04 am
    • USA
Yeah, originally the pathway was TOO wide, so I narrowed it down and move the event trigger onto the narrowed pathway. Don't know how I overlooked that at all...
#346  January 28, 2018, 02:28:06 am
    • USA
that doll army is tougher than i remember. looks like you buffed them up. also i forget if i need to destroy them all to complete this portion. but i seem to remember that they just respawn if i go off screen. too busy to verify if that is the case or not and also i don't remember the precise objective. destroy all the dolls or make it to a certain location or both?
#347  January 28, 2018, 02:30:18 am
    • USA
Nah, the Shanghais are the same as day 1 they were introduced. You don't have to touch the dolls at all, they're just there to get in the way.
#348  January 28, 2018, 02:52:07 am
    • USA
...not anymore. (evil satisfied smirk)

so i either have to get to the tengu village or else go down to the toad pond. i didn't retain the goal from all the dialog. because the dolls led to hina and that was beyond the entrance to the toad pond i assume its go to the tengu village for now.
#349  January 28, 2018, 05:19:33 am
    • USA
Almost 2 months later, and a new update! The game is nearing ever closer to completion, as the final dungeon is mapped out and ready to do eventing for! In addition to that, all characters (bar one skill on Hope) are done! The only real things left are to do the final dungeon/ending sequence, maybe update a couple more maps, and finish the crafting shop (if it's even needed). Oh, and getting battle sprites for Hope and Chaos. So close, everyone!

CHARACTERS

*Nue and Youki have both been dummied out of the game. Nue and Youki are only usable during the battlefield event during beta5

*Marisa: Master Thief has been removed.
*Cirno:
   *Icicle Fall/Hailstorm:
      *Lv5: Power increased to 320.
     *Hailstorm Lv1: Power increased to 480.
     *Hailstorm Lv2: Power increased to 660.
   *Dark Side of the Moon: Blind: oo > Blind: 20.
   *Night Sparrow: Confuse: oo > Confuse: 20.
   *Blind Nightbird: 1200 power > 600 power. Confuse/Blind: oo > Confuse/Blind: 20.
   *Swarm of Bright Bugs: Poison: oo > Poison: 20.
   *Butterfly Storm: 1200 power > 600 power. Poison/Sleep: oo > Poison/Sleep: 20.
   *Fluster Escape: 750 power > 450 power. Paralyze: 50 > Paralyze: 20.
   *Ancient Duper: 1500 power > 900 power. No longer inflicts Berserk. Paralyze: oo > Paralyze: 20.
   *Little Devil: 1500 power > 600 power.
*Momiji:
   *Lure: Inflicts Provoke: 30 to all enemies. Only usable when equipped with all Shields, bar Aegis/Svalinn. 45 MP.
   *Shield Aura: Grants Protect/Shell: 25 to Momiji. Only usable when equipped with Bane Shield or Hero's Shield. 45 MP.
   *Charge!: Grants Haste: 5 to the party, in addition to Bravery: 5 and Faith: 5. Only usable when equipped with Maple Shield or Hero's Shield. 8 MP.
*Komachi:
   *Spirits of the Firm, Earthbound Souls, Spirit Amulet, Bondage Soul, Lazy Wandering Soul (originally Lazy Wandering Spirit), and Hatred Sign reduced from 10 levels to 6.
      *Level 1: ~345 base power, 20 MP, statuses last 20 turns.
     *Level 2: ~405 base power, 25 MP, statuses last 25 turns.
     *Level 3: ~465 base power, 30 MP, statuses last 30 turns.
     *Level 4: ~525 base power, 35 MP, statuses last 35 turns.
     *Level 5: ~585 base power, 40 MP, statuses last 40 turns.
     *Level 6: ~705 base power, 50 MP, statuses last 50/oo turns.
*Hope:
   *Life Aura: Restores ~1100 HP and grants Absorb Damage: 10% to on eally. 42 MP.
   *Dispelga: Moved from default skillset to Pestilence's skillset.
   *Tetra Elemental: Replaces Meteor Blast. Grants Fire/Earth/Wind/Water -100% for 10 turns to one ally. 48 MP.
   *Threads of Fate: Replaces Mind Blast in Fate's skillset. Revives all KO'd allies to full HP, but KO's any allies alive at the cost of 50 MP.
   *Drain: 400 power > 700 power
   *Osmose: 20 power > 100 power
   *Fearsiphon: 38 MP > 8 MP.
   *Pain Focus: Sap: 45 > Sap: 25, MP Regen: 45 > Haste: 25.
   *Jealousy Grasp > Grudge: Grants Return Damage: 100% for 20 turns to one ally. 68 MP.
   *Soul Sphere: Grants Shell: 50 to the party.
*Rinnosuke: Bribe has been removed.
*Koishi: Blue Magic has been completed revamped.
*Nue: Morph has been removed.
*Tewi: Bribe has been removed.

ENEMIES/BOSSES

*Magic Book: Now only has Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Aero, Drain, and Quake.
*Frozen Sap: No longer uses Mighty Guard.

*Protostar is now weak to Wind, halves Dark/Holy, and takes normal damage from Fire/Ice/Thunder/Water.
*Chaos no longer has Ruin or Galaxy Stop. Chaos will now use Bomb Charge > Megaflare/Gigaflare/Teraflare/Exaflare > Black Hole.
*Fate now uses Barrier Shift every 20 turns.

SYSTEM

*All data related to Bribe and Morph has been removed.

Download link here!: http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar
#350  January 28, 2018, 06:10:19 am
    • USA
does that mean marisa loses the ability to steal stuff?
#351  January 28, 2018, 06:11:01 am
    • USA
No, she still has Steal, Bandit, and Mug. Just means that items don't upgrade to next tier with half steal% rate anymore.
#352  January 28, 2018, 11:57:08 pm
    • USA
i think i found a new (erm) "feature" you may want to check out...

Reimu's attack where she shoots out giant blue cards or whatever only ever seems to do zero damage. maybe it's just bad luck on my part but it appears that is not just due to opponents resistance or whatever or alternatively you gave all of her foes resistance to that attack.  i have been playing for hours in several game locations against several sets of encounter monsters and npcs and haven't seen it do damage. i know she has hit because the damage is displayed as zero all the time unless i am just remembering the zeros and not remembering when it works right to do damage. but i don't think that is the case. i think it is doing zero damage all the time when it hits.
#353  January 29, 2018, 12:02:48 am
    • USA
...The ability I believe even states it only damages Undead enemies.
#354  January 29, 2018, 12:24:38 am
    • USA
D'oh! well i am still using auto battle for standard encounters. I just don't like rapidly cycling through all the options X four characters for frequent encounters. So I'll just have to live with bad tactics (erm) *occasionally.*  :)
#355  January 29, 2018, 12:34:02 am
    • USA
Auto-Battle is the worst thing to do as it uses random skills and items without care for the player's input or situation, so...
#356  January 30, 2018, 04:09:33 am
    • USA
another question. it looks like the nitori's call shop thing has been mostly disabled. most of the crafting stations are disabled and there are mysterious character materials which i have not encountered yet either. i know you are working on the crafting system. any estimates on when that will be re-enabled?
#357  January 30, 2018, 04:15:48 am
    • USA
That's one of the last things that'll be put in. It's disabled right now because it's being ENTIRELY reworked from the ground up. Some materials that WERE going to be for some characters will be used for other things, or maybe not at all. It's a troublesome situation right now because of how bad the crafting system really is, but you can see how it MIGHT be, which may be better than what it used to be? I don't know, really hard to say. But the special weapons/armors for each character is fitting to be in there and only there I think.
#358  February 20, 2018, 10:17:11 pm
    • USA
So, I wish to discuss something here, and would like to get some opinions on the matter. What is everyone's opinion on the following two things?

*There is an attack that hits very hard (at level 1, does 2000 Mystic-elemental damage to all enemies, at max level roughly 5000) but has 60% accuracy.
*There is a weapon that gives the user 4x Attack, but has -50 Speed and 60% accuracy. Combined with an Auto-Berserk accessory, it can give roughly 3x normal damage, but due to 60% accuracy + accuracy loss from Berserk, hits don't hit as much. Plus it's Dark-elemental, which is the most commonly resisted element.

Do you think that such things should exist in games at all? Or do you think they should be done away with and not used? I know that everyone has their own playstyle, and some would rather something like this not exist, either it being overpowered 90% of the time but useless 10% due to specific circumstances, or because of RNG, or whatever else.

In other news, weapons are being heavily remodeled! Some weapons will outright disappear, and weapon shops may not even be around as much, but I think I'm liking how these are turning out!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Note that this list is still in the works!
#359  April 18, 2018, 04:17:35 am
    • USA
http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

New update to the game! Man, can't believe it's been 2 months since last one. This one fixes a bad cutscene error for Yuuka's story segment, in which after beating the final boss, it would loop to the start due to not setting a switch (this was due to the remapping of Mugenkan and moving the boss's event without its events properly). Other changes include the following:

*Reimu:
   *Hakurei Amulet has been buffed in power:
      *Level 1: 80 > 160 healing. 4 MP > 8 MP.
      *LeVel 2: 200 > 300 healing. 8 MP > 16 MP.
      *Level 3: 340 > 540 healing. 12 MP > 24 MP.
      *Level 4: 620 > 900 healing. 16 MP > 32 MP.
      *Level 5: 940 > 1600 healing. 20 MP > 40 MP.
      *Level 6: 1280 > 2500 healing. 25 MP > 50 MP.

*Yumemi: No longer has Bluff command.

*Koishi
   *Subterranean Rose:
     *Level 1: No changes.
    *Level 2: 1000 power > 800 power.
    *Level 3: 1400 power > 1050 power.
    *Level 4: 1800 power > 1300 power.
    *Level 5: 2200 power > 1600 power.

*Andvarinaut: Now only grants +1 Yen per step when equipped by Reimu, and grants Double Yen when equipped by Komachi.
*All chests in Corpse Cave will no longer respawn upon opening them, giving one chance from the random chests.

And that's that! I'm still working on final dungeon, only got 5 more bosses left to test and finish up, and then that's it for the game! Outside of other things like some optional stuff, crafting system (if it stays at all), etc. Getting closer and closer...but will it be done before the end of the year or before the 12th anniversary!? Who knows! \ o /
#360  May 07, 2018, 10:49:46 pm
    • USA
11 1/2 years. That's how long this game has been in development, ever changing over the years. It originally started as a silly little fangame, based on one single dream I had for the Touhou series, about what mythological stuff from other countries haven't shown up yet in the series. This was back when I actually played a lot of Touhou, and was into Touhou a lot. Nowadays, I don't even deal with the series, or rather, I haven't dealt with it outside of Soku and this game for the past 4 years. The game was putrid trash, not having any real form of customized...well, anything. The character battle sprites and overworld sprites were the most I had, but the maps were absolute trash, and the battles were very bland and generic and boring. This game saw a lot of criticism for the terrible mapping and bland gameplay, especially on the old site known as Pooshlmer where it was frequently updated on. Eventually, after reaching the 50% mark of the game as I considered it (which is the Caves to Makai), I decided to finally go back after about a year or so of not working on the game to fix up maps, and that took up another part of a year to do that alongside fixing up old bosses. Afterwards, I FINALLY pushed myself forward after 2-3 years of not going beyond the 50% mark to actually get the game done. The game evolved and evolved, and it ended up a bit bloated with a lot of various quirks and whatnot with equipment, characters, and statuses. A bit of a "feature creep", as one may say, as I figured out more fun ways of doing coding due to DynRPG and its plugins. However, in the end, I believe this actually helps make the game a bit more unique and exciting from what it would've been otherwise.

11 1/2 years ago, I started a little fangame that took up hours upon hours of time, and got me connected to a few people here and there, some of whom I've lost contact with over the years, some of whom I still talk to to this day, if not very often. Some of whom were of massive help, whether it be with coding, graphics, or testing, some of whom were really big jerks. And some whom had promised to do things, but vanished and were never heard from again.

Today, I have finally finished said game. After testing the final boss and the ending, it is all done. However, even though the game is "done", it's still not "DONE". How so? Well, so to speak, there's still quite a bit of testing and polishing left to do for the game, which requires more testrunning through the game for Blue Magic, different party configurations, equipment, treasures, enemies and bosses, and shops. So yes, the story may be done, all maps may be done, heck even as it is the game can be considered done, but I'm not done with it quite yet. If you, yes you, the ones that have helped with this game, are willing to help with more testrunning to help with polishing and finishing the game once and for all, please, lend me your aid one last time, so that I myself can finally finish this one single game.

Who knows? Maybe after this game is done, I'll finally start my own original game. Maybe...though that may never happen as I am no graphic artist meaning no way for me to do original spriting and graphics. But only time can tell...only time can tell.

For those who are willing to give it that try, here is the newest download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar