YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549149 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#661  December 13, 2017, 01:46:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Winter Wonderland event is up:

Dat Sombra skin, tho.
#662  December 23, 2017, 10:25:31 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Damn, my HD died and only got it back a couple days ago. I want the Sombra skin so much since I play her a lot, it looks so great too. I like Roadhog and Ana's too.

Hopefully I get Orisa's puppy emote as well, it's way too cute.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#663  January 07, 2018, 12:29:30 am
So PTR got updated again, one nerf to Junkrat and some for Mercy's ult.

Junkrat's concussion mine now has damage fall off which means now it won't be as easy to deal 120 damage to finish off targets like he usually does now. Fair change imo, I play him and honestly most of the time it feels a little too easy to kill enemies off with primary fire + mine combo.

Mercy's ult got quite some nerfs as well, it lasts less (15 seconds down from 20, I think), it doesn't have a Ressurection store anymore so no more 2 resses, and there is now cast time during it as well (I think faster than the normal one, but it's not instantaneous like in live). I at least fully agree with the nerf to its duration which right now is just insanely long, I can also agree with ress having cast time now considering the multitude of things she gets during it (beam chaining to 3 allies, uninterruptable self healing, flight movement), that being said maybe taking out the two ress thing may be overboard considering the cast time now.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#664  January 25, 2018, 02:38:05 am
    • USA
Blizzard Land is out now.  It's a pretty good map, but I feel like I'd appreciate it more if I'd ever played any of the games it's referencing.  There's boatload of exposed straightaways and tight, enclosed areas so it's pretty much tailor-made for Widowmakers and Moiras.
#665  January 31, 2018, 07:54:56 am
Balance patch is now live, which were the Junkrat and Mercy nerfs. Mercy is likely gonna fall but Junkrat is probably still useful, just not too easy to kill with his mine anymore.

Blizzard Land is out now.  It's a pretty good map, but I feel like I'd appreciate it more if I'd ever played any of the games it's referencing.  There's boatload of exposed straightaways and tight, enclosed areas so it's pretty much tailor-made for Widowmakers and Moiras.

Yeah I really like it as well but I feel the same way. Outside of Overwatch I only really played Diablo 2 and that was ages ago (even then I didn't know that the last part of the map is Tristram until my brother said it), only other one I really play is Heroes of the Storm which while it is referenced in those arcade games and the part of the map with the giant fish(es).

Playing as Sombra in this map feels great, there is a lot of big health packs and short cuts to flank the enemy team hack one of them, along with Junkertown this feels one of the best maps for her right now imho.
#666  February 08, 2018, 11:34:58 pm
It seems like some Sombra changes in PTR accidentally made it to live (EDIT: They've been taken out of live for now, though the emp nerf is still which is weird), and the changes are huge:

A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Well goddamn I wasn't expecting this but I'm trying it out and I'm enjoying it so far, she has been a main of mine for quite a long time and one of the things I feel like is a hassle is that she is too reliant on hacked healthpacks and her ultimate and her gun wasn't good enough overall, along with hacking being pretty intricate. It seems like they did the right thing here imo, made her have a more balanced kit overall I think she will be more fun and reliable to play now.

There were a couple buffs to Doomfist and Reaper as well:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/game/patch-notes/pc#patch-43435

Also, Mei's icicles consume less ammo (20 instead of 25)
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:03:40 am by DelusionTrim
#667  February 08, 2018, 11:58:36 pm
    • USA
The Lunar New Year event is coming back until March 5th

The new Genji skin looks pretty good, which would be nice if I ever played Genji on purpose.
Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:34:34 pm by Person Man
#668  February 14, 2018, 09:27:09 pm
PTR received an update, this time it's for Sombra (the changes that were previously mentioned), Mei, Doomfist. Hanzo is also mentioned but for now his changes are not in.

Mei

Increasing freeze duration from 1 second to 1.5s
    Decreasing ammo requirement for icicles from 25 to 20 per shot

Sombra

Translocator time increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
    Health packs no longer increase ult charge
    Speed of hack reduced from 0.8s to 0.65s
    Spread on main gun reduced from 3 to 2.7

Hack now disables the following abilities:
        Genji—Cyber-agility
        Hanzo—Wall Climb
        Pharah—Hover Jets
        Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride
        Mercy—Angelic Descent

Opportunist (wallhacks on low health targets)
        Now activates when enemies’ health bars are at less than 100%, up from 50% health

EMP is no longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)

Hanzo

Changes not yet on PTR but should be coming soon:

Horizontal leap to be used more for disengaging than engaging
    Secondary ability replacing scatter arrow that allows you to shoot 5 arrows at a much faster fire rate, no mention on whether or not these are full damage arrows or not.

Doomfist

Hand Cannon ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet
#669  February 14, 2018, 10:37:28 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Thank fuck on Scatter Arrow FINALLY being addressed and changed 2 years later.
Sombra is getting more love although at this rate, I'm pretty sure they are going to bust her up rather than make her a comparable much needed counter to Tracer as she should be.
Mei making the enemies freeze longer is not even helping her core issue at all, Doomfist needs his hitboxes fixed before making his gun reload slightly quicker.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#670  February 15, 2018, 05:01:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
There was a clarification regarding Sombra's Opportunist passive. It wasn't changed, they simply added the ability for Sombra to see enemy heath bars if they took any damage.
#671  February 15, 2018, 11:08:45 am
There was a clarification regarding Sombra's Opportunist passive. It wasn't changed, they simply added the ability for Sombra to see enemy heath bars if they took any damage.

That makes a lot more sense, I was wondering why in Death Match I wasn't seeing anyone through walls that  took a smidge of damage.

In a way It would be worse for her passive to be that way because then we'd have no idea if that McCree hiding in the corner would be at 50% health or below, and that would be misleading for the Sombra player looking for picks, on the other hand however it would probably be OP if she was played in a pre made team, so it's a good thing it wasn't changed that way.
Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:13:10 am by DelusionTrim
#672  February 27, 2018, 10:53:10 pm
    • USA
#673  February 28, 2018, 02:01:47 pm
    • Puerto Rico
It's Brigitte.

Because the world needs more waifus.
#674  February 28, 2018, 07:09:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#675  February 28, 2018, 08:13:31 pm
Brigitte is now on PTR, she is a support but her focus is more on providing armors than heals it seems, it's kinda like how Zen is more about providing damage than healing.

Breakdown of her abilities:

Role: Support
Difficulty: 1 star

Brigitte specializes in armor. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.

Abilities

Rocket Flail
-Brigitte's melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.

Repair Pack
-Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.

Whip Shot
-Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.

Barrier Shield
-Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.

Shield Bash
-Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.

Rally
-Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.

She reminds me a bit of Uther in Heroes of the Storm in a way (has stun, gives armor and is tank-ish), I'm intrigued to see the whole armor stuff in action.
#676  March 01, 2018, 12:50:55 am
So a couple Brigitte things from few a couple minutes of testing:

-200 health plus 50 armor
-"Primary fire" range is around 5m to 6m or so, damage seems to be around 35
-600 hp for the shield and unlike Reinhardt's it doesn't seem to slow her down, the Shield Bash ability has quite a short range but the hitbox is good
-Whip Shot heals her over time, 80 hp I think
-Repair pack heals a lot over time and it's fast, looks to be 150hp. Can't be used on herself however.
-More or less 2400 points of meter seems to be the amount for her ult to be available (for reference for support characters, she has the second longest one only beaten by Lucio who needs 2625 points of meter)
-Maximum armor provided by the ult is 150, and it can stack with the Repair pack too, making it go the maximum amount of armor go up to 225.

I'm really digging how she plays, I usually play tanks and support so it's right up my alley to have a tank support.
#677  March 01, 2018, 01:15:18 am
    • Puerto Rico
-Maximum armor provided by the ult is 150, and it can stack with the Repair pack too, making it go the maximum amount of armor go up to 225.

I seriously hope this gets reworked before release because I don't want to see every defense team run Torb, Sym and Brig and practically make their team immortal.
#678  March 01, 2018, 05:24:42 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

I seriously hope this gets reworked before release because I don't want to see every defense team run Torb, Sym and Brig and practically make their team immortal.

It's already bad enough with just Torb and Sym on Defense or just plain annoying in other maps
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#679  March 04, 2018, 06:36:00 am
I didn't even realize until today that the patch with the Sombra, Mei and Doomfist changes went live until I played Sombra. I really couldn't play the game during the week due to irl stuff anyways. Well regardless Sombra feels a lot like what I wanted her to be and it's great.

Speaking of balance changes, seems like Brigitte has been nerfed already (she did get one good buff however), in quite some ways:

HERO UPDATES

Brigitte

Shield Bash

Added a small delay before her shield drops after a Shield Bash
    Added a vertical speed cap after Shield Bash
    Please note that we are still tuning this value

Rocket Flail

Canceling a melee swing renders you unable to melee again until it would have completed had it not been canceled

Rally

Ultimate cost increased by ~30%

Inspire

Decreased cooldown from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

The Team Information Screen now displays the ultimate charge of your teammates

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from traveling forward if he had been hit by an enemy Doomfist’s Rocket Uppercut
    Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented players from aiming Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when facing an enemy
    Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump over Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when on an incline
    Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel if he wasn’t able to get close to his target
    Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s health regeneration to occur instantly if she took damage while at full health
    Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Biotic Orb from receiving kill credit if it expired at the same time it killed an enemy
    Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Charge from pinning enemies

Eh I guess all of these are ok, shield bash combo was way too fast for the damage it does and the melee thing is on par with just how things work across the cast. Ultimate cost being increased is probably because of the passive cooldown being reduced, along with other things.
#680  March 21, 2018, 02:42:25 am
Brigitte has been released, and oh boy is she something else, coming from someone who mains tanks and support she just feels great to play as :D

Along with that the Sombra nerf also made it in, it's the one where if she gets interrupted while channeling hack, the ability will go on a short 2 second cooldown. Reasonable nerf with how good she is now but it won't actually hurt much as some may think.

Also apparently they are looking to buff Reaper and Mei some more, they said they would "help in this meta" which I suppose is more options against all the diving.