YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18147182 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1721  February 08, 2018, 11:11:17 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#1722  February 08, 2018, 11:32:19 am
  • how a neko rolls
    • www.nekoarcchaos666.webs.com
My 2 cents on the saitama and goku fight.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next Battle
#1723  February 08, 2018, 01:37:13 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Spoiler: Next match (click to see content)

I'm thinking none of them are into Sailormoon. Otherwise they would have made an OMM match between King (KOF) and Uranus.
Uh...I'm not big on King of Fighters lore either, but you do realize the astronomically ridiculous stuff they do in Sailor Moon?  Like literally the outer senshi jump from their planet to the moon in moments without teleportation.  Or, like, the Sailor Starlights fighting Galacxia with hits that have them bouncing across the entire universe, or at the very least hits strong enough to land them outside the galaxy.

If she wasn't used already and the unlikeliness of her return, I would have put Uranus against Android 18.  Not a perfect comparison, but at least the two series have some rivaling history and it's not completely and entirely hopeless for one side.  I mean, I get where you're coming from, King hiding her identity, Uranus being, well, Uranus.  It could pass for a OMM or DBX but with actual stats it's just not fair.
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:40:34 pm by Long John Killer
#1724  February 10, 2018, 11:04:33 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
new mini rumble
#1725  February 14, 2018, 11:31:43 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's not a phase, MOM:

#1726  February 17, 2018, 07:12:18 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Feet vs. Fists
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1727  February 18, 2018, 12:28:24 am
    • USA
I'm not sure what's bugging me more, the power level mis-match here or that white border around Tifa in the thumbnail.  Surely the Dissidia artwork was all cut out and made into clean renders, like, ages ago?
#1728  February 18, 2018, 03:58:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The white border because DBX doesn't care about power level mismatches.
#1729  February 18, 2018, 09:08:38 am
  • Was it something I said?
Speaking of Raven vs Twilight, I haven't seen much of the MLP, but I've seen things where Twilight has multiple forms. I understand why they would want to do this fight, other than the fact both are voiced by the same actress, both have taken down demons before. I do, however, think Raven has more of an advantage assuming she's taken down more foes by herself (for example, Trigon's defeat), when Twilight needs her friends (and some mystical items?) to be with her in order to take down a foe such as Tirek.
#1730  February 21, 2018, 09:58:59 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
oh brada -_-

#1731  February 28, 2018, 07:58:32 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
It's out

#1732  March 01, 2018, 12:08:36 am
    • USA
The very dialogue of breaking down the characters to show just how "done" they are with MLP, trying to sell it as something bigger than it is, is just so annoying.  I may not have any interest in the series, but even disregarding that, please, stop with the ponies now.  It's just not amusing to even listen to for jokes.

Spoiler: Anyways, moving on to the actual fight (click to see content)

So, if we're no longer spoiling the next match, I'll just put it out there that it's Kenshiro versus Jotaro.
#1733  March 01, 2018, 12:14:26 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Yeah sure, cool whatever, Tara Strong won.

Kenshiro vs Jotaro though, has got me genuinely excited for the first time in quite a while with this series. I'm a big fan of both so i'll be sure to break down some of their BS logic if/when it comes to it.
#1734  March 01, 2018, 12:33:30 am
    • USA
So educate me; I enjoyed Fist of the North Star, but not to the religious extent people hold it up on high as the granddaddy of action in anime.  It's been a long time since watching too.  And Jojo was...a confused mess of flanderization whenever I do try to sit through a full episode, so I just can't with that series.  I don't intend to insult it, it's just I've tried a number of times and can not get into it.  But I have enough general internet osmosis to get the main picture.

So, why is this so hotly debated?  Besides it being a Deathstroke/Deadpool situation?  Why is it not a straight-forward simple answer of Jotaro wins?  Kenshiro's main thing is fighting other fellow humans and going for their pressure points.  Jotaro has a stand, which in Jojo has highly specified rules that no one can detect or interact with a stand without owning one themselves; it is not a regular case of invisibility or a ghost or what have you.  Kenshiro does not have any form of familiarity with something he can not fight, and I would suppose that Jotaro is not a couch potato and can dodge for whatever time is needed for his stand to just kill Kenshiro while he remains unaware.

Am I horribly out of touch with any sense of accuracy here?  What's the debate?  Kenshiro being faster than Jotaro so he can land the first blow and explode him?
Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:34:47 am by Long John Killer
#1735  March 01, 2018, 04:44:51 am
    • USA

Next match is ora ora vs atatatata.  Rooting for Kenshiro to take this one simply because Jotaro is a worthless sack of shit and I'm willing to be super petty about it.
#1736  March 01, 2018, 06:05:06 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
So educate me; I enjoyed Fist of the North Star, but not to the religious extent people hold it up on high as the granddaddy of action in anime.  It's been a long time since watching too.  And Jojo was...a confused mess of flanderization whenever I do try to sit through a full episode, so I just can't with that series.  I don't intend to insult it, it's just I've tried a number of times and can not get into it.  But I have enough general internet osmosis to get the main picture.

So, why is this so hotly debated?  Besides it being a Deathstroke/Deadpool situation?  Why is it not a straight-forward simple answer of Jotaro wins?  Kenshiro's main thing is fighting other fellow humans and going for their pressure points.  Jotaro has a stand, which in Jojo has highly specified rules that no one can detect or interact with a stand without owning one themselves; it is not a regular case of invisibility or a ghost or what have you.  Kenshiro does not have any form of familiarity with something he can not fight, and I would suppose that Jotaro is not a couch potato and can dodge for whatever time is needed for his stand to just kill Kenshiro while he remains unaware.

Am I horribly out of touch with any sense of accuracy here?  What's the debate?  Kenshiro being faster than Jotaro so he can land the first blow and explode him?

Well, I think comes from the fact that Jotaro is considered to be an expy of Kenshiro himself. In fact the creator of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has gone on to say that he was a fan of Fist of the North Star.

As for the fight itself, it might not be as straight forward as you made it sound like. Yes, Star Platinum packs quite the punch... but it doesn't use any energy attacks. Kenshiro can do that, but doesn't like to use them because it's a waste of energy to do so.

It's probably to come down to this: Can Kenshiro's punches break diamond? Star Platinum's fists are said to be as hard as diamonds.
#1737  March 01, 2018, 06:17:29 am
    • USA
That is what I mean by the Deathstroke and Deadpool comparison.  I'm aware Jojo as a whole was conceptualized as a parody of Fist of the North Star, and evolved into its own thing.  This extends to its protagonist as well.

I'm not worried about how his stand (Star Platinum, I presume) goes about it, just that Kenshiro lacks the means to protect himself from this foreign entity, correct?  To rewind a couple of Death Battle episodes, consider it a similar case to base Naruto having to deal with Ichigo.  He couldn't, he needed to change.

But reminding me that Kenshiro has projectiles does help in his favor, those I'd wager could just off Jotaro easily if they make contact, and the stand is life-locked to Jotaro as far as I know.  I wouldn't worry about if Kenshiro can damage Star Platinum, I'd imagine he can't interact with him if he wanted to.  More, how tough is Kenshiro to being hit by diamond-hard hits?  He was a tough bastard to put down, but I also recall him being, well, human.
#1738  March 01, 2018, 12:43:17 pm
    • USA
The thing to remember about stands is that they aren't, strictly speaking, actually there.  They're visual manifestations of psychic powers.  They don't have an actual physical presence and can't be seen or touched by non-stand users.  So if Kenshiro's spiritual strength can be determined to be equal to or greater than Jotaro's, he shouldn't have any problem getting past Star Platinum.
#1739  March 01, 2018, 01:41:23 pm
    • USA
Yeah, that's also a good point.  I'm not sure how they'll go about finding specific-enough examples to show Kenshiro being tougher than diamonds, but it does kinda work in a similar case to your typical ki manipulation deal.  The higher power level can't be affected by the lower one at all once they pass them far enough.
#1740  March 01, 2018, 02:45:18 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Another thing to realize that I figured out after I posted the first time: Star Platinum can stop time. There's nothing in Fist of the North Star that comes close to that kind of talent.