YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 175997 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:
Re: Silva WIPs: "Who's next", you think?
#121  February 27, 2018, 05:07:18 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I think there is some cool stuff you could use from mvci like the wall jump
Wall jump is already made. I plan to bring some other stuff from MvC:I as well.

Cool, now Juggernaut will have someone to play with :P
I'll make sure this Hulk is on par with your Juggernaut, pal. :P

Orange Hulk confirmed?
This idea was brought up to me recently, and it sounds kinda cool: make a alt. mode for Hulk, with the same moves but different deffence, move properties, and combos possibilities. I'll keep this idea in mind... :)
#122  February 27, 2018, 05:52:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Hulk looks really cool.
#123  March 02, 2018, 01:31:30 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Why Hulk is forgotten?
Give Hulk some love!
This is fate.
#124  March 03, 2018, 08:12:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@Infinite Intel.: It's a honor, Mr. Infinite. Hopefully it'll reach the quality standards of other nice fighters, like yours. :hyo:

@WumpaFruit96: Wait a little, bro. The lack of news means I'm trying to bring a substantial update to the project, actually.

Basic attacks are finished, and 71.5% of the spriteset is revamped. Hulk officialy got a steady shape. :) Now I gotta deal with some new command normal sprites, and the Guard Break/Counter moves;

Concerning the feedback from this early showcase, I think the most interesting way to proper adapt his gameplay to the CvS-esque style is by building 2 variations of Hulk - a strenght based one and a technique based one - and let the Alt. mode (what could it be called? "Orange"? "Red"? "Grey"? "Smart"?) be selected via alt. palettes, or a different .def;

With that said, here's the potential movelist for him:
Code:
=======================| Command Moves |=======================

-------------(normal mode)-------------
Gut Punch: F + x

-----------(alternate mode)------------
Impact Punch: F + y  (hold)

=======================| Special Moves |=======================

-------------(normal mode)-------------
Gamma Wave: QCF + p

Gamma Charge: Charge B, F + k
 - 2nd Charge: F(or U) + k

Gamma Air Charge: Charge D, U + k
 - 2nd Charge: F(or U) + k

Gamma Tornado: HCB + p

-----------(alternate mode)------------
Gamma Wave: Charge B, F + p

Gamma Charge: QCF + k
 - 2nd Charge: k

Gamma Air Charge: F,QCF + k
 - 2nd Charge: k

Gamma Tornado: HCB + p

=======================| Super Moves |=======================

-LVL 1 Supers
Gamma Tsunami: QCFx2 + p
Gamma Quake: QCFx2 + k

-LVL 2 Supers
Gamma Crush: QCFx2 + 2p

-MAX LVL Supers
*To be thought*

And if you wanna get a vibe on how his moves could feel different between each mode, here's a interesting resource:

#125  March 04, 2018, 01:26:49 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
This looks very nice.

I would like to see a different .def for the alternate version.
IMO either name the alt. mode "Orange" or "Grey".
What about the wall jump? Will both version have it?

How about adding a new move - the Thunderclap? You could use it either as a normal special or a new level 3 super.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I know I have seen a nice animation for that in one Hulk mugen version...
#126  March 04, 2018, 12:30:14 pm
If the alt is gonna be based on technique, it should definitely be Gray Hulk. Orange should be exclusive to what Onslaught's Hulk was in MvC1 in my opinion. Different .def might be useful.

I'm not a fan of Marvel 3 Hulk's hair, but since you made Wily I'd trust you with my life, let alone trust your work. Can't wait to see the results.

EDIT: Clap animation is here, not sure if this is where Staubhold saw it but:

https://youtu.be/CTQGEEtaw5w
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:23:26 pm by Afterthought
#127  March 04, 2018, 06:31:04 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
What about the wall jump? Will both version have it?
Yeah, it will be the same for both versions.

And yeah, the alt. mode shall be called "Grey Hulk" afterall, given his overall importance in Hulk's backstory. About the ThunderClap, that's a good point - Hulk indeed has a well made animation for it, since a while ago: https://youtu.be/-3tka96JA_Y?t=34

I'll considerate these suggestions, thank you guys. Also thanks for the kind words Afterthought, take my word that Hulk's mvc3 hair can still look pretty good in MUGEN. :P

Rotating CPS-2 sprites is a little tricky, but I think I got the proportions right. :)
#128  March 04, 2018, 10:49:46 pm
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You know a japanese guy called Rel made a UMvC3 Hulk and made sprites for the Impact Punch, just though you should know.
#129  March 05, 2018, 09:21:29 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks for poiting it out, wasn't aware someone made a Hulk with MvC3 gameplay. It's a interesting reference indeed - it seems Rel got trough almost the same bases for those sprites. :tongue3:
#130  March 09, 2018, 07:59:14 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Impact Punch animation progress, with some elements inspired on Rel's version;

The plan is for it to be the focus attack/guard break animation for one version, and a command normal with super armor and Lvl.1/Lvl.2 variations (like in MvCI) for the other version - then he won't have the default guard break.
Re: Silva WIPs: The Hulk
#131  March 14, 2018, 08:16:55 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
And after quite some time, the Impact Punch sprites are finished. :]

The video shows the guard breaker variation. Now that the system stuff is fully set, I'll start working on the throws, and then the specials.
#132  March 14, 2018, 10:26:00 am
looks pretty cool, I would add some movement to his tattered pants and shirt since it looks really static during his pauses

lui

#133  March 14, 2018, 03:34:39 pm
    • USA
The key frames of the punch look great, but the impact and weight of it is almost non existent. Try adding in some proper anticipation and follow-through once he actually swings the punch. Use the stretch technique similar to Akuma's st. heavy punch in 3S, that would improve it vastly.

Also for the first frame of the punch his hair is wider but all of a sudden it shrinks once he actually punches.
#134  March 14, 2018, 03:55:56 pm
I would also put the aurora charge around his fist since that is the point of interest
Re: Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta
#135  July 21, 2018, 03:07:18 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Gamma Charge! One more!

Progress is going on again for the Hulk. I actually implemented different velocities/properties for all his current moves (normal attacks + Gamma Charge) for the alternate version - that I opted to just call it "Alt. Hulk" btw.

Is someone interested to see how it looks right now? His alt. mode is selectable via alternate colors.
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:52:50 am by NDSilva
#136  July 21, 2018, 06:04:54 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
That green fx looks really cool. Not able to test out, so do fx changes with the varation of the move. Keep up the hard work.
#137  July 21, 2018, 11:24:59 am
If you get hit during a gamma charge the effect will remain there.
Also the small portrait could use a change.

Will you make his crouch animation... well... animate? In older games when he crouches he also moves a bit. Probably Marvel Super Heroes.
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:06:28 pm by AlexSin
#138  July 22, 2018, 12:08:19 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
• Oh snap, what a oversight. Gonna fix it quickly;

• In fact, I actually made a properly detailed & indexed small portrait, which appears in my previous videos. It's just that I'm holding it for the final release, because reasons.

• Wow that's interesting, didn't notice the MSH dudes lost their crouch animation when going to the VS. series... That shall be updated. :)

Not able to test out, so do fx changes with the varation of the move.
It's the same FX, it just switch colors along the character palette. In the above case they represent the colors from (U)MvC3 and MvCI, respectively.

Real thanks for the feedback. :)
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:51:37 am by NDSilva

DW

#139  July 22, 2018, 12:58:45 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So...Idk if you've changed something recently or what... But I can't even do certain moves with him without him getting stuck or glitching in a very odd way. :-\ Like, I tried to do LP G.Wave and he like slides forward and then faces the wrong way? MP\HP version gets him stuck in an animation loop(seems to be tiny buffering issues). Vels/physics are very floaty and unorthodox. All of the start up timings on all his normals are god awful, and his neg frames are rough bruh. I like how you made grab able to perform with any 2 punches. That's something I always disliked with Buckus' chars is it could only be done with 2 specific punches.

He looks really misaligned as well. TBH I feel like you may have uploaded the wrong version, or this is some type of joke? I like Buckus' chars/style, so I'm actually looking forward to this. When you get this all straightened out, give me a holla and I'll test.

*Edit

Or maybe I overlooked something? Like all you've done so far is G.Charge and his normals? I glanced over the ReadMe, though didn't see anything about that, so I assume everything that's mentioned, should be in working order.
#140  July 22, 2018, 02:48:12 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I'm sorry if the beta somehow gives a joke impression, I should've done a few adjusts to it rather than putting out all the unfinished code as is.

And yeah, everything else besides normals and [ground] Gamma Charge are leftovers from Buckus' Captain America - acting weird due to the different animations.

As rough as his velocities and move properties look, they are straightly based on UMvC3 frame data. So I believe it's actually working as intended? If it doesn't seem too broken I'll most likely keep those, to better differentiate the two variations of Hulk.
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:54:26 am by NDSilva