YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 270578 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#301  February 26, 2018, 05:29:40 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
#302  February 26, 2018, 06:10:10 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Ok my unpopular opinion: Fatal Fury is a poor man's Street Fighter. Please don't hurt me too bad.
When everybody were playing SF2 on SNES I was playing Fatal Fury Special, sucks being the hipster kid.

Lasagna
#303  February 26, 2018, 06:36:11 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
...Speaking of FF:

Beat em ups stale the fastest of any gaming genre made. Even more (to me) than racing, 2D space shooters, simulations/strategy, or puzzle games.
#304  February 26, 2018, 06:43:45 pm
    • USA
...Speaking of FF:

Beat em ups stale the fastest of any gaming genre made. Even more (to me) than racing, 2D space shooters, simulations/strategy, or puzzle games.

You know when I was younger fighting games never got old to me. I literally rented MK on my SNES so many times my parents probably bought it twice for me. Then I went and asked for it on Christmas. Got it and continued playing it. Now I'll play through a fighting game a few times with certain characters and call it done. They get so boring so fast. Even with decent competition. We're not alone either. That new Dragonball Z Fighter game lost 80% of it's player base in like a month or something on Steam.

lui

#305  February 26, 2018, 06:58:21 pm
    • USA
nah for the most part that's not due to it being boring, it's due to

A: PC never being popular for fighting games

and

B: most players that quit were casual budokai/xenoverse players that simply couldn't take how much skill it needs (you don't even need that much skill to be good at the game lol)
#306  February 26, 2018, 07:01:48 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
U.O.I.H:
Dragon Ball FighterZ is too simple as a videogame with the only extra being the story which is too short, just lack of options for more replay hours atleast until all DLC arrive to increase the number of playable character options.
Still believe Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is the best game out of the Two Games if you are not aiming for the online Versus (Which can be nighmarish for most times) with decent gameplay, a lot of stories and comes with some minigames.

Aware comparing both games is really pointless due Action RPG and Pure Fighting aka Apples and Potatoes but really wish DBFZ had more thing to do from start.

EDIT: Lol, suddenly two post above talking about the same game while i was writting XD

lui

#307  February 26, 2018, 07:13:16 pm
    • USA
its kinda like yin and yang in that kind aspect

xenoverse has plenty to do but it's gameplay is extremely simple and repetitive while fighterZ has great gameplay but since it's a fighting game there's not much other than the core of the game which is fine I guess

I happen to think most fighting game stories are gimmicks that are so boring to play through
#308  February 26, 2018, 07:24:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
...Speaking of FF:

I am trying to think of genres that require around 100 sprites per character, maybe less.
#309  February 26, 2018, 09:28:34 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:31:50 pm by The Sudden Rarity
#310  February 26, 2018, 09:34:17 pm
    • USA
Not Doom. Most enemies only have around 40-50 sprites. And Wolfenstein is less.

Another opinion: That movie Clerks sucked.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:54:28 pm by VGames
#311  March 02, 2018, 01:51:37 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Game corruptions are far more redeeming than speedruns. How come there's no Corruptions for Charity? Because they cause crashes? So what?

It's a shame corruptions haven't done every game ever like speedruners...
MGS should continue without Kojima
#312  March 03, 2018, 12:21:02 am
  • SNK is life
I think it was a good idea that Konami fired Kojima.
I agree. Kojima, wasn't comfortable with being only "The Metal Gear Guy". He wanted to be an Auteur with creative freedom, and MGS was cornering him into a place he didn't want to be in.

... and with each game, he liked Metal Gear a little bit less. MGS2 is a big fuck you to fans' expectations, but MGS4 is a huge fuck you to fans and you can tell. "I'll give you precisely what you're asking for - All the fanservice you can take until you're sick of this shit". Guess what big guy, you succeeded.
#313  March 03, 2018, 01:38:29 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
...and then we got the abhorrent trainwreck that is Metal Gear Survive.
#314  March 03, 2018, 02:20:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
The only thing I know about Survive is that they charge about $10 per extra character file, which I don't understand, especially in a rogue-like.
#315  March 04, 2018, 01:04:50 pm
    • Germany
The only thing I know about Survive is that they charge about $10 per extra character file, which I don't understand, especially in a rogue-like.

Not only that you have to pay for additional Loadout slots, extra energie and time bonuses, and Shields for your team so they take less damage and stuff like that.

#316  March 06, 2018, 12:48:35 am
  • SNK is life
Survive isn't a Roguelike. Get informed.

Microtransactions are a thing that exist, big deal. The game uses MGSV assets to create a completely different Survival game, and it's not even full price. I'mma give it a chance.

I am conviced Metal Gear can be a thing without Kojima, even if Survive isn't a step in the right direction
#317  March 06, 2018, 01:15:45 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Yea but we don't need Survive to prove that. Revengence being a thing already showed it was possible. If Survive had the effort put into it like MGR it be a different story..
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#318  March 06, 2018, 07:16:15 pm
    • Germany
Survive isn't a Roguelike. Get informed.

Microtransactions are a thing that exist, big deal. The game uses MGSV assets to create a completely different Survival game, and it's not even full price. I'mma give it a chance.

I am conviced Metal Gear can be a thing without Kojima, even if Survive isn't a step in the right direction

After you have given the game a chance, tell us how it was, and if you think it was worth the Money. xD

Yea but we don't need Survive to prove that. Revengence being a thing already showed it was possible. If Survive had the effort put into it like MGR it be a different story..

Revengence is a realy good action game set in the Metal Gear universe, but I would not consider it a "Metal Gear" game in terms of gameplay.
#319  March 06, 2018, 08:55:15 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I get ya, but the point that I was going for is that it's already an established spin off people like. If they wanted to get on people's good graces after the Kojima mess the best thing woulda been to get a new one made by Platinum with the Fox Engine. Heck just taking MGSV and slapping three new maps on to it and calling it a sequel woulda been better.

And this is coming from someone who hated V's story and corner cutting and preferred 4.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#320  March 07, 2018, 02:45:49 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
World Heroes, even from the first game, has a much more interesting and varied roster than SF2, SFA, and maybe even SF EX and SF4 to me. I have never played any of the WH series, but I'm willing to assume I would prefer playing Perfect than any SF2 version to date. I personally believe it's the best SF2 clone in that era, for Perfect at least.

On Street Fighter, I prefer SF2's HD graphics to any other 2D SF sprites except 3's of course... Those fireball explosions are sick.
Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:03:56 pm by MR. IBZS II