YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 268369 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#321  March 07, 2018, 04:00:06 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Microtransactions are a thing that exist, big deal. The game uses MGSV assets to create a completely different Survival game, and it's not even full price. I'mma give it a chance.
Hahaha, well this is the unpopular opinions thread.

I just had to look up the MG:Survive details after reading all the above posts. I had no interest prior as Konami pretty ate up Castlevania and Metal Gear and shat out pachinko and a generic looking 4player horde shooter #1586. I already refused to give them money ever again as is my unpopular standard: "Fuck me once shame on you, fuck me twice and it's OVER."

$10 for an extra character slot? Not very "micro", some of these transactions are getting, all thanks to marketing studies on how they can rape the most money from people dumb enough to pay these fees and getting enough to maximize potential income(they don't price it based on the cost or development/value of the asset 90%+ of the time they price it based off a study entirely on how much they are able to fuck out of the masses), hence why all pricing is effectively the same nowadays in these online and phone in-game shops, and the pricing doesn't make any sense relative the cost of producing/having the extra asset.

Or in MG:Survive's case locking a otherwise standard feature behind an arbitrary paywall. It's about as good as on disc DLC. Ah but what am I saying, it's 2018. Those extra rows in the database won't pay for themselves, you only get one for free. Some of these companies seriously need to die out, and fast.
#322  March 07, 2018, 04:09:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
World Heroes, even from the first game, has a much more interesting and varied roster than SF2, SFA, and maybe even SF EX and SF4 to me. I have never played any of the WH series, but I'm willing to assume I would prefer playing Perfect than any SF2 version to date. I personally believe it's the best SF2 clone in that era, for Perfect at least.
Not that unpopular of an opinion, I also love the world heroes cast, principally kim dragon and jean d'arc
#323  March 07, 2018, 07:39:09 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
World Heroes is a poor man's Street Fighter. Everything about the game franchise screams lackluster. Probably why it died out.
#324  March 08, 2018, 12:36:15 am
  • all is love in fair and war
SNES Battle Master was better than SF2  ;D
#325  March 08, 2018, 03:52:30 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I don't feel anything for Zelda. Played and finished the first game and that's it.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#326  March 08, 2018, 05:34:41 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That's....quite a low ball to cover the whole series, though.  If you're going by gameplay, that is.  Not implying to force yourself if you don't care, but, like, even the direct sequel Zelda II is nothing like the original Legend of Zelda.  Then there's how incredibly different the 3D titles are up until Breath of the Wild.  Then there's that being its own beast.

Just saying, it's like not liking rap, so you cast off all music.

I suppose I should contribute something.  Uh....I didn't hate D.C.'s New 52.  I also binged through the entire Wonder Woman book series and of course didn't read all of it for most others, and mirror most of everyone's complaints towards it.  But it wasn't, like, sacrilege.  The retcons were just stupid, though.  I don't even get why they bothered to try to make Wonder Woman's origins edgy with amazon rapists, if they're just going to drop the impact it had on Diana's psyche nearly instantly, and just going with the flow of just being part of a new family instead.

That said, Wondy needed to drop the silver accents and Supes needed to put back on the red tights.  They just look so wrong, and I can't properly convey why.
#327  March 08, 2018, 08:41:02 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
May be I just don't find Link appealing design wise. When I think Nintendo I picture in my mind either Mario or Donkey Kong or Kirby.

Not sure if this is unpopular but I find the Sega 32X appealing. The limited game library is its biggest issue. Out of the 50 something titles it has I'll most likely play only 2 games - Knuckles Chaotix and Kolibri.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#328  March 08, 2018, 02:15:42 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
What about Samus, Yoshi, any Pokemon or... That one other guy?

I think the most unpopular part of the 32X, like you said, is it's small library as opposed to any issues it had...

...Speaking of Nintendo, I only am interested in Mario Odyssey for the costumes. Not even Cappy mechanics, the stages or music or moon collecting... Just to use Builder Mario in a official product.
#329  March 08, 2018, 03:08:00 pm
    • USA
I don't feel anything for Zelda. Played and finished the first game and that's it.

Never played Zelda A Link to the Past on SNES? Never played Zelda Ocarina of Time on N64? You're opinion is irrelevant.
#330  March 08, 2018, 03:22:59 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I've played both and got super confused and dropped them like it's hot... And the original.
#331  March 08, 2018, 03:24:36 pm
skyward sword is probably imo is better than ocarina of time.
#332  March 08, 2018, 03:25:46 pm
OoT is the most linear hand-holding Zelda you can get. It's hard to get confused.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#333  March 08, 2018, 03:52:00 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
OoT is the most linear hand-holding Zelda you can get. It's hard to get confused.

Yup, the only reason not to go to the next area is to find heart containers and other goodies. It really is linear by todays standards but was great at the time.
#334  March 08, 2018, 04:25:30 pm
    • USA

Very true. It was an easy game but an experience all it's own in it's time. Skyward Sword was definitely better then all of it's previous predecessors when it comes to open world 3d Zeldas. A Link to the Past is still one of my all time favorites.

Fixing to get Breath of the Wild. Can't wait.
#335  March 11, 2018, 06:22:05 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
GTA 4 is worse than 5... Because it doesn't say Wasted.
#336  March 11, 2018, 09:02:53 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I've always found Smash overrated, I don't consider it a serious fighting game.

#337  March 12, 2018, 05:26:24 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
I've always found Smash overrated, I don't consider it a serious fighting game.

you could go as far to say that it isn't a fighting game at all. Just out of it's principles.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#338  March 13, 2018, 03:07:56 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Since I had a Gamecube with Mario Sunshine and Sonic Mega Collection when I was younger, and a PS2 with the first Ratchet, the first and third Sly, and Jak 3, I liked Sunshine more than all 3. Never did like Ratchet's lack of lives, stealth games, and I didn't understand the Jak series much when I was younger, but I like it more now. That, and the desert driving physics were garbage.

At least my PS2 roster had Wrath of Cortex and San Andreas to compete.

Dynamite Headdy, partly thanks to localization, is way too hard to properly enjoy. I can't say I really enjoy it's weapon mechanic, either. And there's just too much on screen for my tastes. Also, I hate it when they make health bars too cryptic, no, a color range is not clear enough for a life meter. Couldn't they have imitated Bart's Nightmare/Virtual where there's a neat image and a traditional bar? Yeah it's a beautiful game though, but Treasure did so much better all around with Wario World.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:57:15 pm by MR. IBZS II

bme

#339  March 15, 2018, 06:23:07 pm
    • Canada
I used to like Marvel vs Capcom 2 but I got bored of it years later and sold it.
#340  March 19, 2018, 12:12:42 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Speaking of MvC, I don't really see how MvCI is that bad when you take away any comparisons to the previous games barring it's name. Especially since 3v3, with no way of being able to chose only 2 or 1 team member is just too much. At least it has a "distinct" name unlike many games these days. I would much rather be caught playing that than Arc Sys anything or another SF2/SFV or Melee/Smash 4. It kinda sucks that they removed Assist Specials for me, though.

...The worst part about the N-Sane Trilogy is it's soundtrack. Only Crash 3 for the most part and Hang Eight made it out better. And that's extremely sad. For example, they made Slippery Climb way too festive as opposed to how serious the original was, completely ruined Bone Yard's intense drums for some really annoying xylophone, and made Unbearable far too "quirky".
Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:10:00 pm by MR. IBZS II