YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1051557 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#5081  March 08, 2018, 10:35:02 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Rivals of Aether
Holy fuck, am I bad at this game. I really don't like how jumping is a seperate button and there's no option to map up on a control stick or d-pad jump without sacrificing the actual up command. I can kind of understand the reasoning, since it's hard to approximate tilt controls on a keybad, but coming off of Smash Bros. this feels awkward and janky for me.

That said, game is a blast. Mostly been practicing with Kragg and getting through the story mode. The one time I went online I got absolutely trashed, so I dunno how often I'm gonna go on there :P I don't like how stages are locked off behind coins you have to earn in-game, but I'd rather this than lootboxes any day. Also got the Clairen and Ranno DLC since that's super-cheap.

Then's Fightin' Herds
Holy fuck, am I bad at this game. Been mostly going through the arcade mode - done Arizona and Oleander. I reckon Arizona might be my main, since she feels like the most straightforward fighter to use. I feel like the inputs for Level 2 supers might be a bit fiddly, especially with Oleander - I couldn't pull off her Level 2 no matter how hard I tried. Haven't hit up the online scene yet, I'm scared of what I'll find after the RoA experience.

Also I've been staring at Paladins again - I dropped off after an initial period of casual matches about a year or so ago. Apparently they got rid of the Cards Unbound thing that turned the game into a Battlefront II-esque pay-to-win grindfest and skewed the fuck out of the game's balance. So that's nice. Still haven't actually played a real match since, though.
#5082  March 09, 2018, 01:20:02 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Skyrim (Switch)

Skyrim has gone and hooked me again since I got it on Switch! I'm playing a Khajiit and going with a ranger-like build. Dual-wielding and archery are my main combat skills and I'm working on stealth, smithing, and enchanting on the side. I'm mostly working on guild quests, mainly the Thieves Guild and The Companions.

I haven't gotten the Zelda content yet. Thinking I'm gonna get it without using Amiibo.
#5083  April 02, 2018, 03:45:55 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Assassin's Creed: Origins

Until now, I hadn't gone anywhere near AssCreed since 3 rubbed me pretty severely in the wrong way. After seeing some vids, and hearing that the side quests have a bit more substance, I decided to give it a go (plus a had $30 in Amazon bucks laying around).

I... am rather pleasantly surprised! The game controls well, combat is much, MUCH better and the side activities are actually engaging. It also helps quite a bit that I haven't had to tail anyone, but we'll see if I escape that completely. Ancient Egypt is a very interesting setting, as well.

I'm loving it!
#5084  April 11, 2018, 03:25:08 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Tales of Berseria (PC)

So far its pretty good and Velvet is a damn fine protagonist, a lot better than that bland Kira Yamato-looking fucker they had in Zestiria. Too bad Zestiria is currently Namco's biggest focus so Berseria's lucky if it gets anything. Currently just got Rokurou on my party and just met Eleanor.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Deadly Revenge (PSX/PS3/Vita)

Gonna try to power through this like I did CB1, which didn't feel anything like Dark Souls despite what I heard. So far its pretty good but I gotta brush up on slide jumping and all that. Ithink I'm up to the third tier of stages, managed to find some secret entrances too.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Double Zeta

In all seriousness, NNNF CRASH 3 IS SOME GOOD SHIT. Levels are tighter, physics feel goooooood, any fuckups actually do feel more like I fucked up and all the powerups I can get for Crash are some damn fine stuff including the Death Tornado. Can't wait til I get me that Fruit Bazooka. Last I remember I beat N Tropy. He was a fun boss fight.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, 3 and Reborn (PS3)

Working on trophies. Yep.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost

If email setup wasn't made such a Catch-22 asspain I'd make a JP account for that sweet DLC. But man this game is still fun anyway.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#5085  April 15, 2018, 04:54:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Agatha Knife

This is an indie point-and-click about a little girl who loves cute animals and eating meat.  She works in her mother's butcher shop, and it makes her sad that her animal friends become afraid of her when she slaughters them for their meat.  So naturally, she decides to solve this by founding a new religion called Carnivorism to try to convince the animals that being killed for food is the key to eternal happiness so they won't be afraid to die anymore.

It's super dark and fucked up and weirdly charming.
#5086  May 10, 2018, 06:43:45 pm
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

It's like Phoenix Wright on crack fused with a dating sim and I'm loving every second of it. Chihiro is best girl.

King of Fighters XIV

Despite getting familiar with the characters through Mugen, this is my first time playing a real KoF game and I really like how it feels. I'm much better at it than I am at other 2D fighters... which does not necessarily mean I'm any good. Having fun with it though!
#5087  May 18, 2018, 04:51:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Fire Emblem Echoes
Really great game so far. Really like the lack of weapon durability so far, makes item management easier.
Anyway, am currently at a Mila Statue and trying to decide on the classes for Kliff, Tobin and Grey. Was thinking about Mage for Kliff (due to his res) and Sword Soldier for Grey and Tobin, but what do you guys think?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

DW

#5088  May 23, 2018, 05:14:57 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Pillars of Eternity(PS4)

I'm not a PC gamer. Aside from playing emulation and does Mugen count...? At any rate, I say this, because I've never played a western styled RPG prior to this. I have no familiarity with Baulder's Gate or any of the other games this game pays homage to. I must say though, that I was missing out, if any of those older games were as good as this. Idk if the sequel will get ported, as I'm aware it just recently came out. Though if it does, I'll definitely get it.

I'm still getting used to how everything handles, but it's fun learning as you go. I refuse to play any game on easy mode, so despite the game's recommendation for first time players, I chose the normal difficulty. I chose a Rouge as my main char class and currently my party consists of; Eder(offensive Fighter), 2 custom made Paladins(one defensive/support based, the other offensive tank based), Aloth(Wizard), and Durance(Priest). I'm currently level 7 with everyone. The defensive Paladin I made a female Moon-Godlike and the offensive one is also a female, but the fire Godlike race.

I made a kinda big mistake when creating my main char... I gave him 9 constitution, figuring I'd just make him a dodge-y, back row fighter with guns. While the Paladins and Eder draw aggro, he can move in and flank. For the most part, this does work... But he has less HP than Aloth... He's pretty squishy, so I don't recommend going below base value(10) for any given stat. Though if you're a D&D god, you know what you're doing. I like this game a lot and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't really tried these types of games.
#5089  May 23, 2018, 05:33:43 pm
If you want to play classic PC RPG's try the fallout series 1 and 2  Icewind Dale, Baldur's gate theres lots of em, be warry though they are a bit clunky and show their age but if you can get over that they are awesome.
#5090  May 23, 2018, 08:20:11 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Dragon's Crown (PS3)

It's really nice to return to this game after all these years. and so many people to play with again!
<3 Vanillaware
#5091  May 24, 2018, 01:41:05 am
  • SNK is life
So many people to play again on PS3? For real?

This I gotta see!
#5092  May 25, 2018, 12:37:40 pm
Probably because the ps4 version is compatible with ps3 and vita.

DW

#5093  May 25, 2018, 05:35:49 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

I can't remember which one of these I was playing between 1 and 2. Though I remember enjoying it a lot. I didn't even know they made a 3 or w/e Reborn is. I may have to check those out. While the "Dynasty Warrior" brand of games can get very bland and repetitive really fast, I remember the Gundam series being a lot more tolerable.

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

It's really nice to return to this game after all these years. and so many people to play with again!
<3 Vanillaware

Uh... I liked this game a lot within the first like...30-ish hours of play. Though after that, it became way too monotonous. It didn't help that I remember them hinting at DLC, but pretty much abandoning the game. I realize that it came out sorta at a bad time, where the PS4 started gaining much more steam, but still. I initially thought this "Pro" version would be like how they re-released and expanded upon that other game they made for PS2. Can't remember the name of it... Still, if it's compatible with the PS3 and Vita versions... That's cool from the start, though it also means it's very like to not get any additional content  once again. The game is severely lacking in it.

I love the art style, and homage it pays to older beat em ups. Especially D&D Tower of Doom and all... But it's all short lived. I may hop on myself though later, as I haven't play it in years. Just to mess around a bit.

If you want to play classic PC RPG's try the fallout series 1 and 2  Icewind Dale, Baldur's gate theres lots of em, be warry though they are a bit clunky and show their age but if you can get over that they are awesome.

I doubt I will, though I appreciate the suggestion. Thinking about get Divinity: Original Sin though. I believe it's in the same genre as Pillars?

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon(PS4)

I mean, of course I was going to get it. I am a big Castlevania fan. I will admit though, that while I do like the platforming action retro games, I highly prefer the "Igavania" or "Metroidvania" style. While it doesn't have much story, I can see how it will tie into RotN once released. I've heard a lot of people say it isn't as hard as the classic games, but, I feel that's only due to length. I haven't finished the game yet, but the stages are a fair amount shorter than your typical Castlevania game. However, the annoying enemy placement and patterns are all still there.

Bosses take a good amount of hits too. I guess that's because you have multiple chars with individual lifebars. Miriam kinda make the other chars obsolete though, outside from their char specific gimmicks. Zangetsu is really only good for tanking damage to keep Miriam alive. That and his attack up ability that can be shared between party members. The game is like a cross between Castlevania 3 and the first NES TMNT game. With tighter controls. It's a cool little extra overall. Though it just makes me want to play the actual RotN game more. I guess that's the point... :-\
Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:09:52 pm by "Playoff" DW
#5094  May 25, 2018, 08:51:47 pm
  • SNK is life
#5095  May 25, 2018, 09:06:26 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4)

i thought it would be kinda boring specially since your have to unlock the cinematic story chapters feeling nostalgic when i play some the old final fantasy music when in battle and able to alter the characters appearance though wish i would have been able to play my fav final fantasy character Rydia from ff IV oh well least i can play terra and ultimecia using the edea skin on her :P
I need more PSN friends
Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:55:47 pm by morbidjoe
#5096  May 26, 2018, 08:00:37 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

I can't remember which one of these I was playing between 1 and 2. Though I remember enjoying it a lot. I didn't even know they made a 3 or w/e Reborn is. I may have to check those out. While the "Dynasty Warrior" brand of games can get very bland and repetitive really fast, I remember the Gundam series being a lot more tolerable.

[/quote]

DWG Reborn is basically DWG4 in all but name. Its pretty good though that's mostly if you tolerate the amount of Cosmic Era stuff they shoved into this one.

DW

#5097  May 26, 2018, 09:04:56 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm guessing "Cosmic Era" refers to a certain series of Gundam? My knowledge of Gundam is limited to Wing, G, and a bit of the OG. I don't think w/e they added would effect me much, as like I said, I don't have much incite on any series other than the aforementioned 3. :P
Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:58:48 pm by "Playoff" DW
#5098  May 26, 2018, 09:29:59 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
"Cosmic Era" is basically Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny. Seed is usually kinda...on the middle ground but Seed Destiny's pretty shit so no idea why DWGReborn focused on it a lot.

It added the Endless wWaltz Wing Zero as DLC tho.

DW

#5099  May 26, 2018, 09:32:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oh! That makes me wanna get it! Endless Waltz was a great movie. Wing Zero with the epic feather wings? Man... I gotta check it out now on Youtube or something.
#5100  May 27, 2018, 02:44:34 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh! That makes me wanna get it! Endless Waltz was a great movie. Wing Zero with the epic feather wings? Man... I gotta check it out now on Youtube or something.

They also added the Stamen from Stardust Memory. But holy FUCK is that one particularly OP.