YesNoOk

[WIP] Diary - Feb 6 (Read 726337 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: Incident Zero Yukari)
#401  February 02, 2018, 05:55:06 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

IZ Yukari's new s.HP, basically her old s.HP on crack, but slower and less meaty. Signpost graphics are only temporary and will most likely end up being replaced with the ones from AoCF, but the move more or less functions similar to Yukari's 6a in AoCF; knocks down with good range, but has a bit of a lengthy startup, yet just enough so that she can still chain from s.MP. Also leaves a pretty big gap (pun not intended) between Yukari and the opponent if blocked, but is pretty unsafe to compensate.

I don't usually cover Normals unless they have some kind of interesting effect or counterhit bonus, but they're usually the first thing I do and I figured it would be a good way to show what else is being changed about her.
#402  February 12, 2018, 02:57:12 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Yukari's 6z command normal, inspired by her occult skill from AoCF, is a far range poke that knocks down and whiffs up close. Has a bit of startup to it and extends Yukari's hurtbox to where her upper body is, and unlike AoCF she has no armor nor throw invincibility.

Also shown is Bewitching Bait, Yukari's QCF Special, which is designed primarily as an okizeme tool.
#403  February 20, 2018, 09:45:33 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Illusion Manji Parasol, based on both the AoCF and Soku versions of the move. Can be used as a two-hit melee attack, or spawns a 2-hit projectile if the melee portion whiffs. All versions travel forward, while the button press only determines the projectile's angle. While the melee portion bears a resemblance to the horizontal version of Hidden Butterfly in Zen Temple and can be used for a similar purpose, it is not a reversal.
#404  February 28, 2018, 04:13:22 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

So finally got along to implementing the very core of not only Yukari, but also the new system she'll be using: The alignment system.

The alignment system is essentially a groove select, which effects how the character's Spirit Meter is used. Showcased here is Type-A's Bomb mechanic, which acts similar to a Burst; the player will start the match with a full Spirit Meter, and can use the bomb when in an idle state at the cost of their entire Spirit Meter. Bombs deal no damage, but will knock the opponent down. Bombs are invincible to melee attacks until near the end of recovery, but are still vulnerable to grabs. If the Bomb successfully hits, the user will immediately gain 1000 Power, and retain 25% of their Spirit Meter unless the Bomb is blocked or whiffs. In Type-A alignment, the Spirit Meter slowly increases over time, but can also be filled by dealing or taking damage. It takes a while to fully recharge the Spirit Meter in Type-A, so use it wisely.

Additionally, I want to briefly go over how Power gains will be handled. Unlike Gensokyo Reloaded, where every attack had a set Power gain value depending on the strength of the attack, Power gain values for attacks are now directly proportional to the amount of damage dealt using the following formula:

P1 Power gain (hit): Scaled damage x 1.6
P2 Power gain (hit): Scaled damage x 0.8
P1 Power gain (block): Base damage x 0.4
P2 Power gain (block): Base damage x 0.2

In short, all Power gain values on hit are now affected by proration, while Power gains on block use the base damage instead. Power gains on startup for Specials remain unaffected.
Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:18:20 pm by Ricepigeon
#405  March 06, 2018, 05:34:44 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So two new Specials.

Full Moon Umbrella, one of Yukari's new Specials from Antinomy of Common Flowers that acts as her new reversal. It also acts as her Guard Cancel Counter during the Type-B Alignment, at the cost of 25% of her Spirit Bar, but more details about Type-B will be revealed in its own post.

Illusionary Rift, which is a Special Yukari has had in Soku as well as AoCF, but now acts as a hybrid of the two; while she no longer has a tumbling animation, the Light, Medium, and Heavy versions still correspond to a cross-up wallbounce, low, and overhead, respectively.
#406  March 08, 2018, 04:10:49 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Finally getting around to the Spellcards, starting with "Unmanned Abandoned Railroad Car Bomb", one of her new spellcards from 15.5. Unlike 15.5, where it spanned the entire screen, this time it only lands in front of Yukari and, due to the size of the train compared to the screen, only one of the cars is visible. It's still a melee attack though, and she has some invincibility on startup as well.

Also something to make note of is the new aesthetic for the spellcards, which use not only a new background graphic for the text that fits the theme of the game, but also new super portrait cut-ins. There might also be some kind of minor variation on the latter in the case of Assist-type supers...
#407  March 10, 2018, 07:47:20 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

While on the topic of Spellcards, now is probably to best time to go over another Alignment-exclusive mechanic; Spell Trance. Activated with a full 2000 Power while in Type-A, the Power gauge turns into a timer, during which Yukari can use any of her Spellcards for 1/4 of its usual cost, which essentially shortens the timer even further. Also briefly seen is Yukari's other Level 1 Spellcard; "Ran Yakumo & Chen". This is also the only time during Type-A that Yukari can use her Last Word, but that will be covered separately when the time is right.
#408  March 12, 2018, 02:44:33 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Continuing from the overview of Spell Trance are Last Words; in the Type-A alignment, Last Words can only be used during Spell Trance and only if the Spirit Meter is full, but immediately ends Spell Trance on use, so the best time to use these are toward the end of Spell Trance as a combo finisher. This time around, Last Words are affected by proration, but have a minimum scaling of 30% as opposed to 10%.

In Yukari's case, "Phantasm, Foam, and Shadow" (a nod to her Last Word from Imperishable Night) is a chargeable fast-moving projectile that deals more hits the longer that it's charged. Something additional may also happen if the move is fully charged...
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: Incident Zero Yukari) [Pal template inside]
#409  March 19, 2018, 02:58:59 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Pretty much the same as GR Yukari, but with additional separation for gloves and stockings
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: Incident Zero Yukari) [Pal template inside]
#410  March 19, 2018, 10:52:33 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
I made two, probably gonna make more.

New Yukari Peach

Yukari Kasumi
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#411  March 19, 2018, 11:53:24 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Made another.

Yukari Ayane
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#412  March 20, 2018, 04:28:14 am
  • Just living life one post at a time
    • USA
Here's some palattes from characters that I like and are pitted against Yukari

One-Eyed Skeleton

Yukari Unbound

Goldimesh
#413  March 22, 2018, 05:34:16 am
    • USA
Sorry for the doublepost but I finished more palattes

I'M NOT WEAK!!!

Well, what do you think of this color? Is it not beautiful?

#414  March 22, 2018, 02:58:12 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Forgot to post these here, but because I actually bothered to color separate them this time...

The template for Chen is the same as the full character I released last year, so any palettes made for that will work here as well.

"So which one would you prefer to be? Teireida in charge of lifeforce, or Nishida in charge of spirit?"

AoCF did it first
Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:05:44 pm by Ricepigeon
#415  March 24, 2018, 06:30:11 am
    • USA
Sorry that it took a while but there was some difficulty in various area.

(Frisk & Papyrus) for Sans

(DIalga & Palkia) for Hoopa

(Shinji & Kotomine) for Gilgamesh
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: GR Meimu, IZ Marisa, IZ Tenshi)
#416  June 15, 2018, 07:49:43 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
While Meimu is actively being rebalanced from her boss version and color separation being added, I want to turn my focus more towards the Incident Zero project:

Why Tenshi? Considering Yukari was the first character done in the IZ style, it was only natural that Tenshi be added as well due to the grudge between the two of them, considering Tenshi also got an overhaul in AoCF much in the same vein Yukari did. Tenshi IZ will be moreso a combination of her aspects from both Soku and AoCF. The other reason was to provide some new characters for the IZ demo which weren't present in GR; Yukari's overhaul is nice, but not enough in my eyes.
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: GR Meimu, IZ Marisa, IZ Tenshi)
#417  June 15, 2018, 07:57:23 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
While Meimu is actively being rebalanced from her boss version and color separation being added, I want to turn my focus more towards the Incident Zero project:

Why Tenshi? Considering Yukari was the first character done in the IZ style, it was only natural that Tenshi be added as well due to the grudge between the two of them, considering Tenshi also got an overhaul in AoCF much in the same vein Yukari did. Tenshi IZ will be moreso a combination of her aspects from both Soku and AoCF. The other reason was to provide some new characters for the IZ demo which weren't present in GR; Yukari's overhaul is nice, but not enough in my eyes.

Nice :D

Although, I must have my Tenshi updated already but I did not finish it.

:C
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (Current: IZ Reimu, IZ Sakuya, IZ Tenshi)
#418  August 13, 2018, 10:27:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Putting Tenshi on hold for now as I figured now that with Marisa and Yukari out that I have a firm enough of a skeleton to work on Reimu, which will be quicker than having to do a new character from scratch. I won't bore with any of the stuff that's more or less in her current GR version, so I'll only be covering the new stuff here. For anyone wondering, yes, Reimu is still a charge character.

Floating Wall Jump from HM/ULiL/AoCF, which replaces Rain Dance from GR. Hits twice and is also air usable, with each version having a differing amount of startup and projectile invincibility duration. The H version does the most damage, but lacks any form of projectile invincibility. Greatly increases Reimu's mobility, and gives her enough time to buffer a charge as well.
#419  August 24, 2018, 05:56:23 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

The first part of Diffusion Border, Reimu's Unique Skill. The barrier remains inactive until Reimu interacts with it, and the velocity is dependent on what melee attack Reimu uses. It will also bounce off walls if its moving fast enough. Once it slows down to a halt, it will become inactive again. There is another behavior if Reimu uses a certain projectile to interact with the barrier, but that's for another time.
#420  August 28, 2018, 06:18:48 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

The second part of Reimu's Diffusion Border. If any of Reimu's Hakurei Amulet projectiles pass through, they will gain homing properties and begin tracking the opponent. Alternatively, pushing the barrier into an active Hakurei Amulet will have the same effect.