YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1555019 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2121  March 13, 2018, 05:29:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
How many years did Super ultimately cover?

Seeing Goku in his same old gi just reminded me that it was five years or something since Bulma mentioned seeing him last in the finale arc and we're seemingly no closer to that gap
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2122  March 13, 2018, 05:29:43 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i thought it's gonna take place at universe six's sidalla, the planet cabba mentioned
#2123  March 13, 2018, 06:00:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
How many years did Super ultimately cover?
I don't know specifically off the top of my head, but we're not near the end of the 5-year time gap after Buu to end of Z.  I'd presume this movie does take not that long after Super's end, be it whatever it may with how this tourney will end, just long enough to heal and decompress from all that happened.  Wasn't Pan 2 in end of Z?  So we still have close to 2 years to go in-canon.

If I were a fan of hypotheticals (Oh wait, I am), I'd presume seeing this will have to do with the history of the Saiyans, it will involve us getting to that part of the story via the universes merging, and Vegeta following up on his promise to Cabba and discussing things there with their history and how it varied to what we know.  I'd guess Frieza gets his end of the bargain and gets brought back to life, and I just can't see them having Vegeta get a kill on him directly after.  Has to be SOME sort of gratitude amongst the group for participating in saving the universe, even if Vegeta has to be restrained long enough for Frieza to depart after being restored.

Beyond that, I'm still having trouble placing who the villain's going to be if it is a returning face or at least someone the fans have been supposedly wanting.  As much as I'd rather Frieza not go the route of the redeemed villain, I less see him being the new main threat directly following this tournament, but perhaps even helping with whatever this new threat being, should it interfere with his new army he's trying to form amongst the merged universes.
#2124  March 13, 2018, 09:12:57 am
The rumors so far were that it would be about universe 7's planet Sadalla with a civil war and the first Super Saiyan rebelling against the violent Saiyans and then going Super Saiyan God.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2125  March 13, 2018, 11:35:40 am
i'm guessing the movie will feature some time travel bs again.
#2126  March 13, 2018, 11:57:48 am
If you're referring to the Bardock SSJ special, that's very unlikely. That was literally written as fan pandering because of Bardock's popularity and his inclusion in a ton of games, and it never became relevant to anything. It was nothing more than a justification to make him go ssj in all the games. This movie, like bog and f, is written by Toriyama, which completely ignores that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2127  March 13, 2018, 04:06:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The rumors so far were that it would be about universe 7's planet Sadalla with a civil war and the first Super Saiyan rebelling against the violent Saiyans and then going Super Saiyan God.

I remember the very first news on teh movie beign something like this, we even tought that it was going to be some kind of prequel while ignoring the current cast.
#2128  March 14, 2018, 04:22:49 pm
Somehow I'm still reading stuff about the "original ssjgod" rumor, maybe it'll be part of a flashback / backstory for the actual villain (apparently related either to Freeza or the Saiyans) who pops up after the end of Super and that will be the meat of the movie ? this article is still linked to in an article about that last Goku artwork with Toriyama's teaser, it seems it's still part of it. But if there's an actual enemy for Goku and some connection to Freeza, then that backstory probably won't take more than 5 minutes or so.

At any rate, that explains why they brought back Freeza, Toriyama does actually want to do something with him beside killing him and knocking him out several times like a bitch. Finally.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:28:01 pm by Byakko
#2129  March 18, 2018, 04:23:29 am
    • USA
So this was a nice episode.

Spoiler: Episode 130 (click to see content)
#2130  March 18, 2018, 04:36:06 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
only one more episode left to air in japan and they're done for the time being of course
#2131  March 18, 2018, 05:32:58 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2132  March 18, 2018, 11:55:01 pm
    • Germany
Mhh I'm wondering about one thing.

#2133  March 19, 2018, 12:05:36 am
    • USA
#2134  March 19, 2018, 12:15:34 am
#2135  March 19, 2018, 12:18:22 am
    • USA
Oh.  Ok, no, I was confused what you meant, but no, I don't just mean disqualification, I mean Frost was erased here for the same reason Jiren should have been erased here but was not.  Or, well, close enough, him attacking someone in the tournament still rather than vice versa.
#2136  March 19, 2018, 12:42:53 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
do you guys just watch the subbed version only? if so, once the final episode of dragon ball super is here for now, you have to give your overall thoughts on dragon ball super after the final episode airs
#2137  March 19, 2018, 12:51:18 am
#2138  March 19, 2018, 02:12:49 am
    • USA
Personally I've avoided the dub, not because I dislike it, rather I'm expecting I will enjoy it much more than the sub because of the lessons they'll learn on how to go forward dubbing particular scenes due to fan feedback.  Plus I grew up with Toonami DBZ, of course I'm going to favor Sean and such.  The Japanese originals are serviceable, but not preferable personally.  But I'd rather get the full picture of the series while it's new first, without the dub's interpretation interfering with my judgement, figuring "Oh, well, there's X, Y and Z reasons how THIS scene could have been done better".

I am aware though how the Super dub is VASTLY superior with the early filler, making the best of each situation to throw clever references, like Ocean versus Funi dubbing here.  Though apparently on the flip-side, Goku Black has a British accent for no particular reason?
#2139  March 19, 2018, 04:11:46 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Holy crap that episode ended with a true bang...went all out with the battles and surprises.
#2140  March 19, 2018, 11:10:08 am
Oh.  Ok, no, I was confused what you meant, but no, I don't just mean disqualification, I mean Frost was erased here for the same reason Jiren should have been erased here but was not.  Or, well, close enough, him attacking someone in the tournament still rather than vice versa.
probably because

there's no rule against hurting the audience though. the rules only applied to the competitors,  while in frost's case he's an outside interference , so he broke a rule.