YesNoOk

MegaMan Zero help (modify auto combo, change double jumo animation, Omega Zero) (Read 9414 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, March 01, 2018, 12:13:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: MegaMan Zero help (modify auto combo, change double jumo animation, Omega Zero)
#21  March 01, 2018, 08:13:40 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
In Ryu by P.o.T.S. Evil mode is done via variables. THEY let you create 2 almost absolutely different characters in one, including intros, win poses, voices, moves and so on.
The other way would be to do this through PalNo trigger. But this will make Omega inseparable from Zero through normal means.
Re: MegaMan Zero help (modify auto combo, change double jumo animation, Omega Zero)
#22  March 01, 2018, 07:37:55 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
You mind showing me the variable code?

(My nephew is here, so it’s gonna be a while before I could look after you respond)
Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:47:29 pm by RedDragonCats17
#23  March 02, 2018, 06:28:30 pm
    • USA
Um.... hello?
#24  March 05, 2018, 08:53:03 am
    • USA
Hellooooo? (Don’t mean to triple post, I can’t find the option to merge this one with the last for some reason)
#25  March 05, 2018, 09:45:17 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
All you need to know is THERE, including Hyperlinks on the other codes and triggers, connected to Variables. The only codes that aren't listed there but necessary either are ParentVarAdd and ParentVarSet.
#26  March 05, 2018, 09:48:22 am
    • USA
I’ll take a look at those, thanks.

What about changing the double jump animation?
#27  March 05, 2018, 10:19:32 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Only through adapting State 45 from common1.cns. That's the state of Airbourne Jump. THERE you can change the animations you need, just don't forget to copy it into your character's any own Coding file (CNS, ST and so on...).
#28  March 05, 2018, 06:45:35 pm
    • USA
I'll give that a try.
#29  March 05, 2018, 07:10:23 pm
    • USA
Which line should I change, specifically?
#30  March 08, 2018, 12:22:18 am
    • USA
Sorry, I'm still kinda a beginner at coding a character (since I can't overcome laziness), and I want to go DEEP into changing the animation, primarily because the post that is on THIS forum didn't give me enough information, so I need some more.

Aight, I'm stumped. I tried Cyanide's way and Zero's still combining his single jump and double jump animations. Are there any alternatives?

Stuck on another thing, it's Omega Zero again. This time, it's his palette. Omega only has 1 palette and I'm trying to make him stick with that 1 palette. The thing is that if I overwrite the palettes and save the thing, it won't just apply to Omega, but Zero as well.
Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:18:14 pm by RedDragonCats17
#31  March 14, 2018, 12:03:31 am
    • USA
Sorry, quadruple post. I'm a little stumped right now because I tried Cyanide's way by adding anim = 44 (Zero's double jump animation number), which looks like this:

Code:
; AirJump Start
[Statedef 45]
type    = A
physics = N
ctrl = 0
velset = 0,0
[b]anim = 44[/b]

[State 45, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
sysvar(1) = 0

[State 45, 4]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
sysvar(1) = 1

[State 45, 5]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
sysvar(1) = -1

[State 45, 6]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time = 2
x = ifelse(sysvar(1)=0, const(velocity.airjump.neu.x), ifelse(sysvar(1)=1, const(velocity.airjump.fwd.x), const(velocity.airjump.back.x)))
y = const(velocity.airjump.y)

[State 45, 7]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = Time = 2
value = 50
ctrl = 1

But the animation still looks like this:

Is there any alternatives to this?
#32  March 14, 2018, 12:10:26 am
    • Brazil
and what does anim=44 look like in the .AIR file?
#33  March 14, 2018, 12:31:22 am
    • USA
The animation itself? It's Zero's 2nd jump animation from MMZ3, but I'll recover my imgur account and post the gif in there.
#34  March 14, 2018, 12:36:42 am
    • USA
Here's the animation. Don't worry about it looping in the beginning, Zero's falling animation loops in Fighter Factory.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:42:02 am by RedDragonCats17
#35  March 14, 2018, 12:42:45 am
    • Brazil
it's not only changing state 45, also state 50 should be changed. here's how it should look like.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

also, if the animation is looping (and it shouldn't be looping), you can have the last frame of animation have a time of -1, this way it will stay on the last frame until it changes animation, or if you want it to loop just the last frames, check the box "start loop in this frame" on Fighter Factory.
#36  March 14, 2018, 12:55:37 am
    • USA
check the box "start loop in this frame" on Fighter Factory.
That's what I did. And about that code, I'll give it a try.
#37  March 14, 2018, 01:04:19 am
    • USA
Henry, you are my hero, and my friend now. Zero now uses his 2nd jump animation when he does his 2nd jump.

All that's left for now is modifying his auto combo for his standing slashes to make them act like the source, I have his air slash and I'm planning on making a auto combo for his rolling slash. After that, maybe Zero will be worthy for a REAL video showcase and a W.I.P thread.

While I do need help with his dash, I was thinking about asking N64Mario for that, but then again, you helped me, and I don't wanna do you like that.

Edit: Okay, something weird is happening. When Zero does his 2nd jump backwards, instead of facing the direction that he's jumping to (if he's right then he's facing left), he faces the opposite direction.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:07:42 am by RedDragonCats17
#38  March 14, 2018, 01:17:37 am
    • Brazil
add "facep2=1"
to statedef 45 and statedef 50, it should work.

Code:
[Statedef 50]
type    = A
physics = A
facep2 = 1

like so
#39  March 14, 2018, 01:50:58 am
    • USA
I’ll give it a spin when I’m back home, right now I’m at class.
#40  March 14, 2018, 06:55:20 am
    • USA
I'm back, and Zero is still facing the opposite direction. If you want me to show you the problem then I will.

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; AirJump Start
[Statedef 45]
type    = A
physics = N
ctrl = 0
velset = 0,0
anim = 44
facep2 = 1

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------