YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2587638 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8601  February 07, 2018, 09:15:24 pm
    • USA
oh fuck yes. ive been getting into musou's as of late since FE warriors and Hyrule warriors so 9 looks like a must for me
#8602  February 09, 2018, 11:56:50 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

lui

#8603  February 09, 2018, 12:03:01 pm
    • USA
....since when do you need to be concerned that puyo puyo has denuvo on it? i doubt that will affect the game at all. relax.
#8604  February 10, 2018, 09:51:16 am
    • Germany
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 Trailer =D

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, a Dungeon crawler like Wizardry as far as I know, it comes with English and Japanese Audio.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/labyrinth-refrain-coven-dusk-coming-west-ps4-switch-pc-fall

Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded, remastered version of the Original game with addional characters, and all original DLC content included.

The Lost Child – Walking Among Gods, from what I could find I would guess that the game is similar to the Shin Megami Tensei games, but not even the offical site has some clear infos right now so I'm not sure.

Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:59:44 am by Lichtbringer
#8605  February 10, 2018, 04:22:28 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

FWIW Gensou Wanderer Reloaded's going to Switch too. I see no word of it coming with Double Focus like the PS4 version did originally though.
#8606  February 25, 2018, 05:02:16 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8607  February 27, 2018, 10:18:14 pm
    • Germany

Sooo Chrono Trigger is now on Steam, but it seems the game has a lot of problems right now, mostly negativ reviews right now. =/
#8608  February 27, 2018, 11:26:07 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Like a lot of Square's older game ports to Steam, it's the iOS port, which those are usually regarded as pretty bad ports. That's pretty much why.
#8609  March 01, 2018, 05:35:23 pm
    • Germany
#8610  March 14, 2018, 06:38:13 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
SEGA Genesis Classics is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on May 29th!

https://www.megadriveclassics.com/
What really bothers me is that there's no Nintendo Switch version. Might as well wait for the next Nintendo Direct.
#8611  March 14, 2018, 06:50:39 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Why companies always seem to give the Switch the shaft? Is it really hard to make games for it?
#8612  March 14, 2018, 06:58:47 pm
  • Suika cute
Arcade Archives, Namco Museum, Mega Man Legacy Collection, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection are easy to make games for the Nintendo Switch. Seriously. SEGA should step up and port this collection eventually just like they did with Sonic Mania.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:05:45 pm by RoySquadRocks
#8613  March 14, 2018, 07:29:08 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I also find funny that new Shaq-Fu game is more expensive on the Switch. It's more than just porting the games, they're adding additional stuff you can do on the games but still, you can get those games already and some people just only want a few of those games on that list ( I don't see Sonic 3 & Knuckles on there and other games as well).
#8614  March 14, 2018, 07:33:16 pm
  • Suika cute
I was expecting Monster World IV and Super Fantasy Zone to be added to the collection too.
#8615  March 14, 2018, 07:41:16 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I was expecting Monster World IV and Super Fantasy Zone to be added to the collection too.

I know right?! But MWIV from what I know hasn't been released in the US and I think the same goes for a few games as well. I need to know from a Sega expert.
#8616  March 16, 2018, 08:22:57 pm
Tomb Raider 3 goes to Central America.

Cool.
Also the movie is great.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8617  March 16, 2018, 10:50:29 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As much as I loved 2013 and Rise, I'm glad this is the last of this reboot incarnation's trilogy, and we can move on to Lara really being The Tomb Raider going forward.  Whether that means requiring another reboot to once again make it then modern times for the appropriately aged Lara or we'll just transition into this one getting older sometime in the future, I don't care one way or another.

Also I oddly find myself missing Croft Manor, despite the headaches it gave as a kid.  Bring that back.  I don't care you blew it up/burned it down thanks to a shadow clone, that's what reboots are for.
#8618  March 16, 2018, 11:08:14 pm
Uh ? The manor plays a huge part in Rise, in the big "Blood Ties" DLC. It's really good (although I almost never played the original series so I have nothing to compare it to).
Also Square Enix is advertising that "Shadow of the Tomb Raider Will Deliver Lara Croft's Defining Moment", so clearly you can expect the next series of games to have a fearless, mature, dual gun-wielding Lara. On top of that, from what little I know of the original series, Central America seems closer to the usual ruins she went around than Japan, Syria and Siberia, so that's already a bit of a return to her roots.
Personally the original series never really caught my interest beside playing it a grand total of a couple hours here and there at random points of random games, and I absolutely love the reboot.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:22:02 pm by Byakko
#8619  March 16, 2018, 11:58:18 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I only started the DLC for Rise, and not even the manor one, now that I think of it, so I guess I'd just forgotten that.  I wonder what diverted me from finishing it....oh well, reason to play the game again, then.  My bad for neglecting that.

They both have their charms, personally, but the new games trade the puzzles for such a higher degree of combat focus (And survival that's just not there at all in the old games) so I guess I'm just missing the levels being one large complex puzzle instead of many, many smaller ones sprinkled throughout a survival gauntlet.
#8620  March 17, 2018, 12:14:38 am
I guess I'm just missing the levels being one large complex puzzle instead of many, many smaller ones sprinkled throughout a survival gauntlet.
Oh. Well, yeah, that's exactly what I didn't like about the original series. I did feel that the whole "survival game" was just a trend in recent games when the first one came out, and that it's just an excuse to force you to manage useless supplies even though it's still nothing more than "press a button to fully heal", but the gameplay part of it didn't really bother me, and I thought it really played a huge part in the storytelling, right from the start of the first one. It makes you flip out together with Lara when you're in deep shit, it makes you feel everything along with her (I know a lot of people hate the QTE mechanic too that came with it). The bear fight was crazy like that in the second one. As a gameplay mechanic it's just whatever, but it turns out it's really a big part that makes me care for the character and the story, which is exactly what I love about it, and the complete lack thereof that I hated in the original series.