YesNoOk

Mugen 1.1 Stages showing incorrectly in 1.1? (Read 26060 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, March 13, 2018, 08:12:01 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen 1.1 Stages showing incorrectly in 1.1?
#1  March 13, 2018, 08:12:01 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
So i recently decided to give 4:3 another try, and am in the process of converting all the stages i have to work in 4:3 as I had previously converted them all to work properly in 16:9 with zoom.

Everything was working fine till i got to some 1.1 exclusive stages, they just did not appear correctly. Either the backgrounds completely missing and everything has a afterimage, or just the Background and base sprites are missing, but effects and particle sprites are present.

Heres an example in Margatroid's Gold Room stage, 1.1.

Keep in mind, this is a fresh Gold Room stage that i downloaded and have NOT modified other then adding a static zoom.

Heres a shot of Academy Courtyard (Night) from Melty Blood for 1.1 by wetisonfire.

What i don't understand is, im using Mugen 1.1, the latest version. The screenpack im using is the 1.1 version of OldGamer's coversion of MBEVO by Kohaku. It's the 1.1 version and im using Mugen 1.1, i know because Zoom works.

Also this isn't the only stage this is happening in, it basically happens in any stage made for 1.1.

So why is this happening?
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:19:23 pm by Chise
Re: Mugen 1.1 Stages showing incorrectly in 1.1?
#2  March 13, 2018, 11:49:05 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
So i recently decided to give 4:3 another try, and am in the process of converting all the stages i have to work in 4:3 as I had previously converted them all to work properly in 16:9 with zoom.

Everything was working fine till i got to some 1.1 exclusive stages, they just did not appear correctly. Either the backgrounds completely missing and everything has a afterimage, or just the Background and base sprites are missing, but effects and particle sprites are present.

Keep in mind, this is a fresh Gold Room stage that i downloaded and have NOT modified other then adding a static zoom.

Heres a shot of Academy Courtyard (Night) from Melty Blood for 1.1 by wetisonfire.

What i don't understand is, im using Mugen 1.1, the latest version. The screenpack im using is the 1.1 version of OldGamer's coversion of MBEVO by Kohaku. It's the 1.1 version and im using Mugen 1.1, i know because Zoom works.

Also this isn't the only stage this is happening in, it basically happens in any stage made for 1.1.

have you checked the mugen.cfg if opengl's spelled incorrectly
#3  March 14, 2018, 12:44:29 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Holy shit, looks like your mugen having a mega meltdown.

I remember an unusual 8bit/16bit png conflict  bug that myself and a few others experienced when converting and importing/exporting png into fighter factory that absolutely destroys your sprites just like that.

#4  March 14, 2018, 03:15:37 am
    • Japan

have you checked the mugen.cfg if opengl's spelled incorrectly

Hmmm, yeah that may have been it.

Its spelled as "OpenGLScreen" for some reason. Changing it to OpenGL fixed the stages but made the SP's font's completly In-versed in color. Now their all dark and stuff :(
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:21:00 am by Chise
#5  March 14, 2018, 11:25:58 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
try to update the graphic drivers of your computer
#6  March 14, 2018, 11:54:50 pm
    • Japan
try to update the graphic drivers of your computer

Already fully updated. It's an issue i think with the OldGamer's conversion of the Screenpack from Winmugen to 1.1. I think keeping it at OpenGLScreen has a sort of partial 1.1 Implementation, as that was what was used in 1.0. The font's just don't seem to work correctly when using "OpenGL" but work fine when using "OpenGLScreen".

It's not a HUGE deal, i can deal with it. It's better then half my stages not working ^^