YesNoOk

Inktrebuchet's Sprite work  (Read 297308 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 22, 2012, 08:52:57 pm
Re: Inktrebuchet's Sprite work
#321  March 08, 2018, 04:27:10 am
Spoiler: My thoughts (click to see content)

#322  March 08, 2018, 10:04:58 am
    • USA
-->
(If I shouldnt post this here please let me know)
Nowhere close to done and not even in right proportion but I wanted to test myself. I was looking at Ink's PDF files up and down, and came up with this. Fun in a weird way. I cant for the life of me figure out good colors but im still learning.

This was primarily made to show that it is possible, and with multiple people there could be some progress made with a full character.

Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:07:01 pm by Brose Gross
#323  March 08, 2018, 02:23:07 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Spoiler: My thoughts (click to see content)

I appreciate you taking the time to comment @│ㄷ ▌! I agree with you fore sure, I usually end up taking brakes from projects because the amount of effort for a fan made sprite set is not really worth it. Especially since you can't really own it and it can't really be used for much more than Mugen. It's been a goal of mine for a long time to release at least one SF3 sprite set of a Capcom character, So I will continue with that goal.

Once I have completed that I know I will be focusing on original work and hopefully a full game that I have been planning. The only way this path would change is if people started paying for my services.

You nailed it, great work man! I would have used shadows in the hair(blue in the first image). Also when applying the palette, I always try to make the shadows color more dramatically different than the light colors, just to show case the more memorable sf3 palette style and so no colors are accidentally shared between the light and dark shades. The colors you have used are still in the sf3 style though.

I know that probably seemed like a lot of work for one sprite but it makes full animations go much quicker.
Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:43:49 pm by ink
#324  March 08, 2018, 03:23:14 pm
    • USA

You nailed it, great work man! I would have used shadows in the hair(blue in the first image). Also when applying the palette, I always try to make the shadows color more dramatically different than the light colors, just to show case the more memorable sf3 palette style and so no colors are accidentally shared between the light and dark shades. The colors you have used are still in the sf3 style though.

I know that probably seemed like a lot of work for one sprite but it makes full animations go much quicker.

Senpai noticed me!! These colors were taken from Ken in an orange gi, since he would have most of the colors needed. The only thing I couldnt figure out was the hair. Even in the sketch stage I couldnt decide if there should be a blue shadow or not. Thank you for the kind words/advice. Will keep going
#325  March 13, 2018, 06:25:26 pm
    • USA
Had some free time to mess with an idea. Still just a concept but I'm happy with the direction its going in.

I realize vs games don't normally redesign the logos to match but I thought it would be cool to see everything match.
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:34:58 pm by ink
#326  March 13, 2018, 07:27:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I have all these HDBZ things to make! Stop tempting me to go back to that project too!  :yuno:

Looks great!
#327  March 13, 2018, 07:29:25 pm
    • USA
Bahaha. That's exactly why I made it though!
thank you
#328  March 13, 2018, 08:19:34 pm
    • USA
Had some free time to mess with an idea. Still just a concept but I'm happy with the direction its going in.

I realize vs games don't normally redesign the logos to match but I thought it would be cool to see everything match.

thats sooooo badass
#329  March 13, 2018, 08:21:58 pm
    • Brazil

good stuff!
#330  March 13, 2018, 09:11:42 pm
    • USA
Thank you thank you!

These were done quick for fun. an older Anita, if the existing animation is just an intro. New stance, barrowed move from Asura's blade. Even with her existing stand animation this move would have been cool.

-edit-
for those that like her classic stand.
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:38:02 pm by ink
#331  March 13, 2018, 11:50:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you start work on this char I'll get back to work! I had a ton ready for her when I commissioned someone years back.
#332  March 14, 2018, 01:15:15 am
    • USA
Alright now you’re tempting me! Lol
#333  March 14, 2018, 01:28:06 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Now that's a wonderful surprise... I was going to decide if I would make a MVC2 styled artwork of a Vampire/Darkstalker character, then I saw those animations. I think I found who will be the character thanks to those wonderful work!

That's absurdly inspirating man! Keep it up man :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#334  March 14, 2018, 01:33:57 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Great work as always
I think having the 2 stance together could work
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#335  March 15, 2018, 02:07:55 pm
    • USA
Giving DS style a try. I'm surprised a sprite set doesn't exist for this Anita yet.
Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:24:50 pm by ink
#336  March 15, 2018, 03:55:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
 :swoon:
#337  March 16, 2018, 12:11:30 am
    • USA
closer and closer. 

I hope you guys are enjoying these step by steps.
Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:14:41 am by ink
#338  March 16, 2018, 12:26:46 am
    • Brazil
#339  March 16, 2018, 02:25:19 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Sorry for this question[which could sound stupid btw]... But is that a full-sheet character project?

The quality of these animations, and the fact you're giving some love to Anita is awesome as hell :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#340  March 16, 2018, 03:04:23 am
    • USA
It’s not a commissioned sprite set or anything. I’m just using her for some warm up animations, I usually do warm ups before I work on my SF3 M.Bison project. Hopefully it will turn into something though!