YesNoOk

A stage that switch it's colors (RGB trick) (Read 35805 times)

Started by NDSilva, March 17, 2018, 01:56:59 am
Share this topic:
A stage that switch it's colors (RGB trick)
#1  March 17, 2018, 01:56:59 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

This was a quick experiment to see how MUGEN handles colour transition using the RGB Method, with the least amount of sprites - the training room was used as overlay texture test.

Since there was no previous mentions of this coloring method that I'm aware of, I decided to just bring it up to some practical use. Rather than explaining how it works, I'll let this stage as a small template for anyone who wants to apply this color effect in a future MUGEN work (may work for screenpacks too). And also because I figured people might find it cool. :P

DOWNLOAD
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:49:03 pm by NDSilva
Re: A stage that switch it's colors
#2  March 17, 2018, 04:04:17 am
An interesting idea. Worth playing with.

Thanks for the share ;)
Re: made a stage switch it's colors (RGB trick)
#3  March 17, 2018, 08:31:48 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Interesting effect, but it seems to produce a bit of lag. May be just my end if no one else experiences the lag.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: made a stage switch it's colors (RGB trick)
#4  March 18, 2018, 01:30:58 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
Amazing!  :thumbsup:
No estaba muerto
Re: A stage that switch it's colors (RGB trick)
#5  March 18, 2018, 07:12:31 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@Sheng Long: I'm curious to know more about this, as it works pretty fine over here. I made some adjusts - made sprites are a bit bigger, but removed the tileset coding, thus simplifying the stage coding.

Get this version of the stage and tell me if there's difference in it's performance. If it still has lag, get the file that's on the Slow ver. folder and test it again.
Re: A stage that switch it's colors (RGB trick)
#6  March 18, 2018, 09:05:22 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Well.. It's not really "slow" slow per-se..... It's more like, frame skips of a sort. Like, instead of playing on stage0 with smooth 60FPS, it seems like playing at 30FPS? I haven't tested on any other computers except mine, so again, just could be my set up. :-/

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."