YesNoOk

"PotS style" Benimaru Nikaido (updated 04/14/18) (Read 85835 times)

Started by Jmorphman, March 31, 2018, 05:34:43 am
Share this topic:
"PotS style" Benimaru Nikaido (updated 04/14/18)
New #1  March 31, 2018, 05:34:43 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

It's time for everyone's favorite Polneraff cosplayer to finally make his grand debut!

I've got the looks, the money, and the skills on top of that! Hmph. It ought to be a crime to be so perfect.

also, if you have any questions about the Daimon config file, or want to help contribute and add stages to it, please let me know!

Updated:
 - EX Shinku Katategoma is now only -1 on block (from -9).
 - Denei Spark now pushes opponent forward on block, as in CvS2.
 - Fixed bug where the Raijinken startup spark would ocasionally not disappear.
Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:50:14 am by Jmorphman
Re: "PotS style" Benimaru Nikaido
#2  March 31, 2018, 05:58:36 am
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
great effects congratulations Jmorphman
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
#3  March 31, 2018, 06:44:52 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh Jelly! SO GOOD BAE! THANKS JMORPHMAN!
#4  March 31, 2018, 08:43:45 pm
GJ!!THANKS!
#5  March 31, 2018, 11:10:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Wow, those electricity fx's look great, this is really cool. I'm definitely downloading.
#6  April 01, 2018, 12:55:47 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Benimaru never caught so much of my interest before this project. Congratz and thanks for this awesome release, Daimon addition is really badass btw :P

The palette Kiri_CoolBlue.act is currently set twice in his .def
#7  April 01, 2018, 07:20:41 am
    • USA
The palette Kiri_CoolBlue.act is currently set twice in his .def
whoops, was reordering the palettes and I must've left off ink's palette. Fixed and uploaded. This doesn't count as an update!

I tried using Benimaru and it crashed my M.U.G.E.N. It has an error loading "Sprite.sff". What is that all about?
That's really weird; no one else is having problems with it crashing. Try redownloading the archive.
#8  April 01, 2018, 10:40:20 am
wonderful!
#9  April 01, 2018, 05:22:26 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Great work! Benimaru is played very solid. I have made the vid for him.

One thing, he doesn't need Super cancel from Crouching High Kick because the juggle doesn't allow him to hit the opponent from that.
#10  April 01, 2018, 09:32:05 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Great job Jmorphman.

Thank you.
#11  April 02, 2018, 08:42:47 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Been playing Beni for a bit, and he feels absolutely fantastic. One issue I have is that it's a bit tricky to pull off the Benimaru Collider and Elec-Trigger, though that might be entirely on operator error =P

Also got the final three palettes for him for the moment, and a mention that you didn't include the last four I put out in the beta thread.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  April 02, 2018, 09:01:24 am
    • USA
One thing, he doesn't need Super cancel from Crouching High Kick because the juggle doesn't allow him to hit the opponent from that.
It's a cancel he has in CvS2, but he can juggle with Raikoken in that. Think I'm gonna have to rethink some of my juggle system decisions. But then again, he has the same cancel in KOF, but can't juggle anything from it. So... hmm.

Also got the final three palettes for him for the moment, and a mention that you didn't include the last four I put out in the beta thread.
Oh, shit. I downloaded those and extracted them (to my Benimaru project folder), but I never actually got around to adding them Benimaru's actual character folder.  :omg:
#13  April 02, 2018, 10:20:44 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Congratz on ur work jmorphman
I need more PSN friends
#14  April 02, 2018, 10:55:18 pm
Awesome stuff, good job Jman. Thanks.
#15  April 05, 2018, 02:56:40 am
    • USA
For several days, I have been haunted. Haunted by a dark specter, lurking in the corner of my eyes. This fiendish spirit would appear seemingly at random, but lasting only seconds. What could it be? What foul deeds did this dark wraith desire wrought? And could it possibly be stopped? Or would this prove to be beyond the ken of mortals?

So I sat myself down. I exhausted every explanation I could think of, scoured my brain for any clues as to the cause of this grave misfortune. And still, nothing. Was I just imagining everything? Perhaps there was no specter after all, perhaps it was just a trick of the eye. Mayhap the Raijinken startup spark appeared, in the right light, as a nefarious phantom for the brief period it existed on screen?

No. This was no paltry parlor trick. This was something else. Something wrong. And so I tried, and tried, and tried again. The spirit seemed to appear only when Benimaru fought against PotS's older characters, so I fought only those characters. It seemed to emerge only when P2 jumped, so I made P2 jump constantly. It seemed to appear most often when Benimaru himself was also jumping and attacking, so I made Benimaru do that.

And finally... it revealed itself:

it's fucking Daimon. Dan's jump dust explods turned into Daimon. This is a weird, dumb MUGEN bug wherein explods that are created by P2's helper whose helper then destroys itself can be "taken over" by the other player's helper, and have that same explod use P1's sprite data. In this case, one of the Daimon animations used the same sprite indices as the jump dust animation that PotS's older characters used, and so, when Benimaru made a helper of his own shortly after an old PotS character jumped (which prompts said character to make a jump dust helper, which then creates various dust explods and then destroys itself), Dan's helper-created explods got turned into Daimon.

Anyways, this kinda thing is best fixed by keeping any helper that spawns explods alive until all of those explods are removed. But that's not really an option with those old PotS chars, so I'm just gonna change Daimon's sprite/animation indices.

So, yeah. That's really the only major bug I've found (or heard of) so far. I need more before it makes sense to push out an update!!!
#16  April 05, 2018, 04:21:03 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
MUGEN, am I right?
#17  April 05, 2018, 05:32:43 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I'm unsure he should have the kiss intro for Sakura.  She's too "School girl" imo.

I can mod it out myself, just feels odd, is all.
#18  April 05, 2018, 09:57:40 pm
Wow, that was just hilarious
#19  April 06, 2018, 12:44:48 am
    • USA
I'm unsure he should have the kiss intro for Sakura.  She's too "School girl" imo.

I kept it cuz he does it in CvS2; it still feels extremely iffy to me.

... and it's not like the fact that something appeared in an official game has stopped me before, like, I very specifically did not include his KOFXIII winquote against Kula ("See you again! Hopefully in about 5 years when you've become a woman!", no fucking way with this shit, gross). So I dunno: might take Sakura out, and cull the list to remove anyone under 18 while I'm at it.
#20  April 06, 2018, 01:22:33 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I kept it cuz he does it in CvS2; it still feels extremely iffy to me.

... and it's not like the fact that something appeared in an official game has stopped me before, like, I very specifically did not include his KOFXIII winquote against Kula ("See you again! Hopefully in about 5 years when you've become a woman!", no fucking way with this shit, gross). So I dunno: might take Sakura out, and cull the list to remove anyone under 18 while I'm at it.
I rather just keep it. If he does it in CvS2 against her, then you shouldn't do anything about it because he'll lose his source accuracy to the original game. Since he doesn't do that intro with Kula in any KOF games, definitely leave her out. Otherwise, you might as well remove Karin and Yuri as well, which I rather see you not do. Remember I recommended you add Tiffany Lords on the list? She's a school girl and I bet she's around the same age as Sakura. It would make no sense to remove her if she's on the list.

Only leave the characters out that Benimaru never seen before if you know for sure that they are underage such as Arcana Heart and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I believe those characters in their source games are around 14 or 15.

Thanks for the release. Forgot to post about it, was well worth the wait.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:26:39 am by SolidZone 26