YesNoOk

Is it really possible to play mugen on mobile (Read 411914 times)

Started by CarmenRider, April 09, 2018, 03:12:04 am
Share this topic:
Is it really possible to play mugen on mobile
#1  April 09, 2018, 03:12:04 am
    • USA
Im a bit frustrated while writing this so sorry if i come across as agressive.
Is it actually possible? I've tried viewing tutorials and everything but none of them are any help whatsoever. From trouble with Exagear, to badly made tutorials made by 13-year olds, I've had it up to here. I know you may be asking, "Why not play it on PC like everyone else?" Well i don't have my own laptop like normal people my age, and I can't use the PC the family uses because my parents are overprotective of what i download. So I thought, is it even possible, and why does no one just make a mugen app and put it on the Google Play store? Not to overreact, but this wild goose chase ruined my day. So please, if there is anyone who can legitimately help, please let me know ASAP.
EDIT: Thanks for the help, thankfully I was able to get it on PC so thank god I'm done dealing with that.
Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:30:28 pm by BookWormGreen
Re: Is it really possible to play mugen on mobile
#2  April 09, 2018, 04:40:31 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So I thought, is it even possible, and why does no one just make a mugen app and put it on the Google Play store?

well, that's kind of part of my plans, but I hae to find a way so it's worth my time.

(in theory you should be able to run a dos/linux emulator on android and run teh dos/linux version of mugen there)
Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:01:31 am by Bastard Mami
#3  April 09, 2018, 02:09:22 pm
    • USA
So I thought, is it even possible, and why does no one just make a mugen app and put it on the Google Play store?

well, that's kind of part of my plans, but I hae to find a way so it's worth my time.

(in theory you should be able to run a dos/linux emulator on android and run teh dos/linux version of mugen there)

Your plans? Can you tell me more? I'm interested. I'll try the dos/linux thing you suggested for the time being though. Wish me luck
#4  April 09, 2018, 08:44:12 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Nope, not how you want it to anyways.
Theres an openbor for android that has
Dos or Linux mugen included but its just
stock kfm vs kfm, and all current creations
Probably wont run on those versions of mugen.
#5  April 10, 2018, 12:30:34 am
    • USA

Well crap then, youd think for as long as this game has been around that someone wouldve made a mobile app,  ah well maybe i can sneak it on my family pc. Once again wish me luck, and thanks anyways
#6  April 10, 2018, 01:30:38 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
it's funny that I'm seeing this thread, I just finished watching a video about Shadow Tech for those who don't  know what it is, below is a link to there website, and the youtube video and saw about it. This might be in general the solution to mugen on mobil/tablet, and any other application based Widows/steam games. Its looks pretty cool, I'm currently looking into it myself, so still skeptical, don't think I'm trying to sell it lol.

https://shadow.tech/usen
#7  April 10, 2018, 07:10:56 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
it's funny that I'm seeing this thread, I just finished watching a video about Shadow Tech for those who don't  know what it is, below is a link to there website, and the youtube video and saw about it. This might be in general the solution to mugen on mobil/tablet, and any other application based Widows/steam games. Its looks pretty cool, I'm currently looking into it myself, so still skeptical, don't think I'm trying to sell it lol.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OsZXKgber5k[/youtube]

Oh shit that is dope.

Well crap then, youd think for as long as this game has been around that someone wouldve made a mobile app,  ah well maybe i can sneak it on my family pc. Once again wish me luck, and thanks anyways

trust me I know how you feel lol I've done this search
before in the past, this is as close as you can get it.

http://paintown.org/

Pain Town has mugen and it probably works with
Super old ass characters from that era lol.

lui

#8  April 10, 2018, 07:41:53 am
    • USA
Just use a gpd win. It's a 200 dollar windows machine shaped like a 3DS that plays mugen just fine.
#9  April 10, 2018, 02:54:42 pm
Just use a gpd win. It's a 200 dollar windows machine shaped like a 3DS that plays mugen just fine.

Are you sure it will work?

I am asking, because I tried to play it on an old win7 laptop recently and it didn't work.
Well, to be more specific, it didn't support openGL, so fancy screenpacks and such didn't work.

lui

#10  April 10, 2018, 04:22:07 pm
    • USA
i have one. im literally posting on this very post using it. has OpenGL so it can use Mugen 1.1 screenpacks as long as theyre not too crazy. its windows 10 and will run just fine for mugen and last gen games with a few modern ones.

Im really not sure why this hasn't caught on yet. I use it to play HDBZ when im travelling

this is literally the best solution for portable mugen.
#11  April 10, 2018, 09:06:37 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OsZXKgber5k[/youtube]

Oh shit that is dope.

I know right. I'm looking into more info.

i have one. im literally posting on this very post using it. has OpenGL so it can use Mugen 1.1 screenpacks as long as theyre not too crazy. its windows 10 and will run just fine for mugen and last gen games with a few modern ones.

Im really not sure why this hasn't caught on yet. I use it to play HDBZ when im travelling

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzCRL0bZp0[/youtube]

this is literally the best solution for portable mugen.

That's pretty cool, it's a shame that I won't be able to load a heavy SP, my WIP is pretty heavy so using this for testing/fun would be dope, a larger screen would be cool too, can't have it all I guess lol.
#12  April 11, 2018, 02:19:53 am
Wow, that's actually really dope.
#13  April 16, 2018, 11:22:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Rai Tei, you should be able to handle Mugen 1.0 on win 7 laptops fine. That's unless that laptop should really be running winXP or whatever.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#14  April 17, 2018, 02:21:34 pm
I don't know, it's an old laptop running on Win7.
But it has an integrated Intel 945M GPU, which doesn't seem to support openGL.
I even tried some unorthodox fixes like using modded drivers to no avail.
OpenGL is needed for the fancy 32-bit png support.

Otherwise my lappy will do fine, yes.

S1N

#15  April 23, 2018, 04:55:19 pm
  • Noob
    • USA
Yes. It's possible! Theres a brazil youtuber that made an app but its based on a old dead mugen..

Then theres: PainTown info and windows to all systems including Android are included in its official site can be found here- paintown.org also its found on scourgeforge some other sites... but the Android Version is good but needs a decent phone to work because its based on WinMugen not Plus.