YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 268402 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#361  April 15, 2018, 01:46:21 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
so mean XC....
but i know alotta ppl dont like them.
Sengoku Musou 2 on PS2 one of my fav games growing up XD.
#362  April 15, 2018, 01:57:21 pm
Well, I gotta admit it's actually repetitive lol
My fav is Shin Sangoku Musou 3 on ps2.
It had some strategic values in the game besides all the button mashing.
The series get worse by the title, at least that's what I think.
#363  April 15, 2018, 07:07:06 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I like Sonic Underground.
#364  April 15, 2018, 07:15:28 pm
    • Mexico
Kangaroo Jack is a great movie
#365  April 15, 2018, 07:18:24 pm
It's one of my guilty pleasures xD
#366  April 15, 2018, 07:26:38 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Me too, loved the acting and story in the movie.

Edit: Play Fire Emblem Warriors, works really well with the two genres. Plus I love Warriors Orochi 3, it's a good stress reliever to mow down lots of enemies.
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:36:14 pm by R565
#367  April 16, 2018, 03:42:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I want to read happy sangokushi
#368  April 16, 2018, 03:55:04 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Brawl feels like the most unfinished game in the Smash series, and is only better with mods.

...Not mods that turn Brawl into Melee, or give it any of Melee's major gameplay features.
#369  April 16, 2018, 04:22:22 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Agreed, mods that balances the characters but keep the regular speed and tack of brawl.
#370  April 16, 2018, 04:46:42 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
What you guys don't like project M? I do especially like what they did with Sonic move set compared to his brawl and wii u counterpart. In my opinion they made him more fun to play with.
Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:51:38 pm by Shadic12
#371  April 16, 2018, 05:13:33 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
PM has good things about it for sure. Especially the aesthetics like hurt launched voices, Melee like hit effects on fire and electricity, changed moves...

...It does not feel anywhere as fluid as Brawl is to play which kills it for me. Nor does Smash 4.
#372  April 16, 2018, 05:29:29 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Can't argue with that.
#373  April 16, 2018, 05:44:18 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I agree with mods, I just never got used to melee physics.

It encouraged playing with  a GameCube controller and I am one if the few that plays with a Nuncuck and wiimote.
Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:47:20 pm by R565
#374  April 17, 2018, 01:23:10 am
  • hecc
Heres one I feel like dropping
-The current yugioh tcg format is better than it was back in the old days, even with link summoning introduced.
THATS RIGHT I SAID IT
look old yugioh is still fun now and then, but the game has vastly improved since then. Is it faster than it used to be? Yes, but is that a bad thing? No. If anything decks today are much more fun to play than the generic beatdown decks of the old days were it was basically a slow dick measuring contest of "Who gets the strongest normal beater out first?"
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#375  April 17, 2018, 01:27:34 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
YES! I do love now you have to do things to protect yourself and strategize your deck and not just rely on strong monsters.
#376  April 17, 2018, 01:36:15 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...Wasn't that the point of, like, Mirror Force and Trap Hole and whatnot?

Note I have not played since before the Pharaoh arc in the manga was even done here in the States, never mind all this superhero and angel Kuribo and motorcycle nonsense afterwords, and whatever they did to the actual card game, so it's a safe assumption to say I'm out of the loop.  But, unless your going, like, REALLY far back, summoning without sacrifices and there just being Yugi and Kaiba decks, then there was always a degree of strategy involved.
#377  April 17, 2018, 05:58:56 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The earliest YGO metagame was absolutely brain dead. It was an arms race of 4* normal beaters powercreeping each other and paving the way for Summoned Skull. The only real "strategy" was pulling a raigeki or blackhole when your opponent had the field advantage and the hope he didn't topdeck something good the next turn.

A good reading if you're interested in how YGO evolved in those few years:

https://ygoprodeck.com/history-of-the-meta-part-1-beatdown/
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:02:05 am by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#378  April 17, 2018, 06:11:12 am
    • USA
Yeah, that's what I meant by the really early stuff, before rules were set in stone because everyone just wanted to be Yugi.  Eh, the most in-depth I ever got with it was one of the GBA games had some cyber-zombie guy that let you half your HP and summon any fusion.  Just get that Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon out on turn two and sweep, and I was happy.

The card game was not very engaging for me, as you can probably tell.  But then I'm weird, I liked Yu-gi-oh the manga before the card game got introduced.  There was something amusing about a Japanese schoolboy getting possessed by a demon and getting a story somewhat mixed in inspiration between Hellboy and Spawn, but minus the gore.
#379  April 17, 2018, 06:28:14 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Oh, I've been reading the manga recently (and spamming the shit out of our discord every time I find an amusing panel). It truly is a thing of beauty: insane bully revenge fantasies, lethal air hockey matches, teenage yo-yo gangs (who were using tasers and knives just a few chapters before deciding the yo-yo was their weapon of choice), Yugi's gramps perving on teenage girls, and all of Kaiba's arc. All of it. The motherfucker went and made an entire Saw-like amusement park with electric chairs, a real serial killer and state of the art holographic torture machines just because he lost in a fucking children's card game.
#380  April 17, 2018, 06:40:33 am
    • USA
Yeah, I loved the one where he tricks the punks to taser themselves in the pool of water while he was standing on something plastic. (A tire, as I recall?)  That and one with him getting robbed at some hamburger shop, tricks the guy to soak himself in alcohol by pouring it while his attention was placed elsewhere, then lit himself on fire trying to light a cigarette.

Man, I haven't read those in, like, over a decade.  Might be worth revisiting for fun again myself.  Didn't Mokuba try to straight-up shoot Yugi because he lost his capsule monster game one time?  Oh, and there was the Dungeons and Dragons knock-off game Bakura tried to kill Yugi and his friends with that was good, too.
Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:45:28 am by Long John Killer