YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Joe and SF1 Ryu in Alpha Form. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter! (Read 125851 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 17, 2017, 08:57:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Retsu, Geki, Joe and SF1 Ryu in Alpha Form. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter!
#41  May 01, 2018, 03:30:29 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dude. Just added these and updated the sprite sheet again:

Re: Retsu, Geki, Joe and SF1 Ryu in Alpha Form. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter!
#42  May 01, 2018, 04:43:05 am
these sprites looks great,the strider hiryu base fits perfectly to geki,the sprites looks old school like in SFOne,but with a sf alpha touch.
#43  May 01, 2018, 04:49:38 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha, thanks man, tried really hard for that.

I don't mean to get ahead of myself, this is still a ways off, but I was brainstorming ways to make Mike without doing too much scratch spriting and I found these rips on Spriters Resource of him and Lee that were ripped by Yawackhary. I think this is how I will make Mike when the time comes for him -- he will just be a slower but harder hitting version of Balrog/ M. Bison, but he will have 3 moves similar to  Shingo's dashing punch. His version will hit at different angles though. Also, he will have a rapid punch special where he throws punches repeatedly to the body, but unlike Joe's, his wont end until the player stops mashing or is hit out of it. Also, he will have a move where he leans to the side like Cody's so he can avoid projectiles and create breathing room against attacks. His move set will be something like this:

Dragon Punch Forward + Any Punch: Shingo's dashing punch. LP version hits low and knocks opponent off feet, MP version hits the head and sends opponent flying across screen if it connects, and the HP version is an uppercut and his main anti air. All 3 versions knock the opponent across the screen.

Press Punch rapidly: He throws the multiple punches to the body, alternating hands as he punches.

Down, Down, + P or K: He leans to the side. Punches do the standing version, kicks do the crouching one.

I wasn't going to get too fancy with him, and I don't think he really needs to be.  Here were the sprites that I had found from SF1:

#44  May 01, 2018, 04:49:38 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha, thanks man, tried really hard for that.

I don't mean to get ahead of myself, this is still a ways off, but I was brainstorming ways to make Mike without doing too much scratch spriting and I found these rips on Spriters Resource of him and Lee that were ripped by Yawackhary. I think this is how I will make Mike when the time comes for him -- he will just be a slower but harder hitting version of Balrog/ M. Bison, but he will have 3 moves similar to  Shingo's dashing punch. His version will hit at different angles though. Also, he will have a rapid punch special where he throws punches repeatedly to the body, but unlike Joe's, his wont end until the player stops mashing or is hit out of it. Also, he will have a move where he leans to the side like Cody's so he can avoid projectiles and create breathing room against attacks. His move set will be something like this:

Dragon Punch Forward + Any Punch: Shingo's dashing punch. LP version hits low and knocks opponent off feet, MP version hits the head and sends opponent flying across screen if it connects, and the HP version is an uppercut and his main anti air. All 3 versions knock the opponent across the screen.

Press Punch rapidly: He throws the multiple punches to the body, alternating hands as he punches.

Down, Down, + P or K: He leans to the side. Punches do the standing version, kicks do the crouching one.

I wasn't going to get too fancy with him, and I don't think he really needs to be.  Here were the sprites that I had found from SF1. Also, I recolored DaiKaiwahara's verison of Mike to make his pants more like they were in SF1:

#45  May 01, 2018, 09:49:10 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Just made this. Thanks once again to Spriter's Resource for the sprites used as a base. I'm going to make Lee's portrait, then add a few Geki sprites, then I need a break for a while. I'm about to be really busy. But at least when these are done someone can take a Capcom style version of Lee and Mike and make a SF1 remake. Geki and Retsu aren't complete by the way. They are just bare minimum characters. I still have a lot I want to do with them. Here's Mike's portrait, let me know what you think:

Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:57:48 pm by SiL3Nt J
#46  May 01, 2018, 09:58:59 pm
  • Wandering....
Which base would you inspire Lee?

Strider as a Base for Geki was a decent idea it compromise with the rest of the Alpha themed sprites...

I hope you would also look into Darkstalkers and other Marvel characters as a base rather than CVS sprites. because of being fitting for the aesthetic established.

Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:12:48 pm by The Shakunetsu
#47  May 01, 2018, 10:04:18 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmmm who would you recommend? Any ideas? Was looking at Gen for Lee. Here's what I had planned for him, thanks again to Yawackhary for ripping the SF1 Lee sprites:

#48  May 01, 2018, 10:13:30 pm
  • Wandering....
Very nice on Lee with Gen base, It would look awesome like Joe and Geki.

If you haven't yet finish Retsu and while your currently starting with Mike.

Other base you could worked around and explore more other characters like you did with Geki with mid build body are likely Captain America, Cyclops, Cable and Ironman for Marvel.

While for DS you could look into Donovan, Demitri, Bishamon and Pyron.
I hope you'll do Haggar based Colossus and Victor inspired someday.

Mike's Muscular build isn't similar to Balrog his more smaller.

He got more slimmer head and more smaller biceps, triceps and delatoid..

Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:39:15 pm by The Shakunetsu
#49  May 02, 2018, 12:03:55 am
it´s a good idea....i gen is the perfect base for lee.
#50  May 02, 2018, 06:24:08 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Just finished these. If nothing else, at least they will have portraits that look alike:

#51  May 02, 2018, 07:05:10 am
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
 look awesome

#52  May 02, 2018, 04:53:10 pm
  • Wandering....

You could use sideview of forge head for Lee and ProfX head for Retsu if you still not have a base and your not going for the custom one.

You could also use some based from Oboro Bishamon very few sprites in VSAV/DS for Retsu.

If your going to change the Balrog/boxer head you can go for Iceman with recolor and adjustment.

Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:50:44 pm by The Shakunetsu
#53  May 03, 2018, 06:33:09 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Added these to the sprite sheet.... and I'm really tired. I need a break. I will try to update this later. Thanks for all of the suggestions and views:

#54  May 03, 2018, 08:39:22 am
  • Wandering....
very great progress with geki
#55  May 04, 2018, 01:10:49 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks man, I just fixed the shading on the death sprite. I was so tired last night. Here it is. I added it to the sprite sheet too:

Also, made a temporary block for him. Idk, might be permanent:

Also, threw these alternate colors together just for fun:

Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:30:37 am by SiL3Nt J
#56  May 04, 2018, 04:53:08 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
One more thing: I compiled all of these just for simplicity. The only one I couldn't find was Eagle, but I took the one off of Fighter's Generation, then resized it and trimmed it down. I just have to clean it up, unless someone else wants to, or unless they have a clean version. The SFA3 characters were ripped by Spriter's Resource.

Also, for Mike's moves, his dashing punches could be called the "Rushmore Punch" (reference to his SF1 stage) and his multiple punch special could just be called "body punches." Was thinkin he could have some sort of move like Shingo Yabuki's overhead elbow too, just to pressure the opponent. Maybe call it "Rushmore smash" or "Overhead elbow."

Well here's the portraits:

Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:36:47 am by SiL3Nt J
#57  May 04, 2018, 07:22:07 pm
  • Wandering....
Doing great. Nice choice of alternate colors. Interesting block sprite.

#58  May 05, 2018, 02:44:44 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks, I want to make Geki's alternate color less "red" and more tan later.

Just spent a few hours finding these. They were NOT ripped by me and I don't take credit for them. Got lots of them from Fighters Generation and Google searches. They are from various  SNK and Capcom games. These were some stages that looked like SF1 stages:

Left (top to bottom):
- Joe
- Eagle
- Birdie
- Lee
- Mike (x3)

Middle:
- Geki (x2)
- Gen (x3)
- Adon
- Sagat

Right
- Retsu

#59  May 05, 2018, 03:18:24 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, you could choose a Daylight version as Joe's stage... That's M.Bison's stage from SFA1.

Also, think about THIS stage for Geki.
#60  May 05, 2018, 04:17:40 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
I cant see the Geki stage. Is it Ibuki's from 3rd strike? Was trying to shy away from Street Fighter Stages as much as possible, but that one is nice.  Also, Ryu's 3rd strike level could be used as Retsu's.

Also, Adon's SFA2 stage would look awesome if the sky and water were colored orange.