YesNoOk

Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate - PC/Android (Read 72467 times)

Started by magggas, May 13, 2017, 04:53:28 pm
Share this topic:
Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate - PC/Android
New #1  May 13, 2017, 04:53:28 pm
-Edit from 16.10.2018- The game got a new update!-

-News in this version:
1. Added Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior from WWF Superstars as playable characters.
2. Increased the players maximum health on the player vs player fight.

-Bug fixes:
1. Now timer resets when player vs player fight is starting.
2. Fixed the issue of the players being visible behind doors.

Hello everyone!
If you like old school beat 'em ups like.. Double Dragon to be exact, then you 've come to the right place!:D

DDRAV is an updated version of my previous released Double Dragon Reloaded game. The game is an mix of the arcade DD1 and DD2, with the addition of extra custom stages, extra weapons and all moves from DD Advance too. You can play all 5 different game modes as single player or up to 2 players co-op mode, and you can choose between 13 different characters to play.

Gameplay and Controls:
The overal gameplay feel and action is very similar to the original arcade game. You can climb up ladders and pick up tons of weapons. The game Controls and mechanics are exactly the same as in the Arcade game, so all the moves and special moves can be execute the same way as in the Arcade. In a 2 player co-op game, the players will have to fight each other in the end of all game modes.

The game uses 4 buttons :
Punch
Kick
Jump
Back kick

-You can check the moves list on "How To Play" in the game menu.
-Be sure to configure the game buttons on : OPTIONS/CONTROL OPTIONS

Video preview:

EDIT:
The game got some cool updates:
1. Added 5 selectable characters : Roper, Williams(DD2), Linda(DD2), Bolo, Willy.

2.Added the famus "Player vs Player fight" in the end of the game(in co-op mode).

Here you can see the updates in action:

Download link: https://gamejolt.com/games/Double-Dragon-Reloaded-Alternate/805417

Here you can get the Android version of the OpenBOR engine: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7fgp41apfbqaybs/OpenBOR_v3.0_Build_4107.zip

Note: In order to play it on android, once you have installed the OpenBOR engine to your device, then you need to add manually the game("Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate.pak" file) to the "Paks" folder of the OpenBOR app. Like you do with emulators and roms for example.

I hope you will enjoy it and have some fun! :megusta:
Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 02:35:46 am by magggas
Re: Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate
#2  May 16, 2017, 05:26:57 pm
Sorry for double post guys. Just wanted to let you know that i have updated the download file  :)

This new version(0.1.1) includes one bug fix:
-Fixed wrong players positions when defeating the last stage on 2 players mode.

Hope you enjoy the game guys!
#3  May 29, 2017, 01:22:51 am
Game updated to version 0.1.2 with some more fixes  :)
#4  May 29, 2017, 01:58:42 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Looks great, is there any possibility you could add this new move from Double Dragon IV? this flying drill headbutt move, check it out.
#5  May 29, 2017, 03:08:49 am
Thanks! Well, it should not be that hard to make/add this move. I'm just sceptical about for two reasons:
1. Since the game includes all special moves from DD1, DD2 and DD Advance, all button input compinations are occupied for these moves.
2. In my game the "Flying Knee" move is having the same effect as this "flying drill headbutt".

So that said, i'm not sure if it's really worth to bother adding this move  :???:
#6  May 29, 2017, 04:56:44 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Oh I see, well, it's not really necessary then, all good. :sugoi:
Re: Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate - PC/Android
#7  June 01, 2017, 12:56:20 am
No problem  :) Thank you for the suggestion anyways  :D
#8  June 23, 2017, 08:35:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hi Magggas,
Glad to see you're still around.
I always liked your games and this one as well ! :)
The update is really awesome!

I have some kind of crazy suggestion :
What about adding Marian as a hidden character ? I would love to see her taking revenge herself as well

Just a suggestion :) You're game is good anyway
#9  June 23, 2017, 10:03:42 pm
Hi Magggas,
Glad to see you're still around.
I always liked your games and this one as well ! :)
The update is really awesome!

I have some kind of crazy suggestion :
What about adding Marian as a hidden character ? I would love to see her taking revenge herself as well

Just a suggestion :) You're game is good anyway

Hey Ned, thank you man  :)
About your suggestion, well now that the game is having a select screen anyways, it would be easy and nice to add some more unlockable characters and even Marian as you said. The problem with this is, where do i get all the missing but required sprites for this and especially for Marian??
#10  June 24, 2017, 12:43:42 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hey Ned, thank you man  :)
About your suggestion, well now that the game is having a select screen anyways, it would be easy and nice to add some more unlockable characters and even Marian as you said. The problem with this is, where do i get all the missing but required sprites for this and especially for Marian??

Yes, you're right, she don't have a lot of sprites.
I had in mind to use some of the girls enemies "Linda" as a base for some moves...
But I'm pretty sure someone was creating some custom anims for Marian, I can't remember where.
Anyway, your work is great, I hope you will continue with other projects in the future :)
#11  July 29, 2017, 07:20:22 pm
  • Mugen Remix0r!
Hi man.... your game looks so awesome i'm happy with all the stuff, but... how about new moves? :)
If you agree... ill very pleased to help you!
#12  July 30, 2017, 03:04:25 pm
Hi man.... your game looks so awesome i'm happy with all the stuff, but... how about new moves? :)
If you agree... ill very pleased to help you!

Hmm.. At this point i think adding more moves will be a overkill. I mean the game already includes all moves from DD, DD2 and DD Advance. I have only left out the special fast-kick combo from DD Advace which i think was unnecessary. Anyways, what new moves are you thinking about?
#13  August 01, 2017, 06:03:47 am
  • Mugen Remix0r!
Oh man.... sad to read it but i understand, you want to leave it as close as possible to the original ones.
My vision was introduce some rush attacks combinations to the dragons :)
#14  August 03, 2017, 12:52:02 am
Oh man.... sad to read it but i understand, you want to leave it as close as possible to the original ones.
My vision was introduce some rush attacks combinations to the dragons :)

Ah i see, hm.. i'm not so sure about rush attacks in a DD game. I mean rush attacks are nice stuff but not for a "real" DD game. As you guessed i like to add new stuff on it, but i want it to be a "Double Dragon" game in first place. Thank you for your suggestion anyways! Suggestions are always welcome!  :D

By the way, i have just started adding playable enemies in the game. For now i have done Willy:

I will release this version after i will add some more playable enemies  ;)
#15  August 06, 2017, 06:46:32 pm
Bolo added as well! ;D

#16  August 18, 2017, 09:59:51 pm
Finally i have release a new updated version of the game!
Here is what is new in this update:

1. Added 5 more selectable characters : Roper, Williams(DD2), Linda(DD2), Bolo, Willy.

2. Added the famus "Player vs Player fight" in the end of the game(in co-op mode).

Here you can watch the updates in action:

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK: https://gamejolt.com/games/double_dragon_reloaded_alternate/255630

#17  May 13, 2018, 02:50:44 am
Hey guys, the game got some minor bug-fixes updates! So you can get the new updated build 2.0.4 from the same links above.
#18  October 18, 2018, 12:52:35 am
-The game got a new update!-

-News in this version:
1. Added Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior from WWF Superstars as playable characters.
2. Increased the players maximum health on the player vs player fight.

-Bug fixes:
1. Now timer resets when player vs player fight is starting.
2. Fixed the issue of the players being visible behind doors.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://gamejolt.com/games/double_dragon_reloaded_alternate/255630
#19  March 19, 2019, 11:52:12 pm
Hello guys, here i come with a cool update to my game!

Here is what is new on the new Build 3.1.0:

1. Added Randy Savage as playable character.
2. Added two new game modes. One mini-story mode and one "WWF Battle Royal" mode.
3. Added almost all the "WWF Superstars arcade" characters as enemies on the two new game modes.
4.A lot of bug fixes are also made.

Download link: https://gamejolt.com/games/double_dragon_reloaded_alternate/255630

Here you can get the Android version of the OpenBOR engine: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7fgp41apfbqaybs/OpenBOR_v3.0_Build_4107.zip

Note: In order to play it on android, once you have installed the OpenBOR engine to your device, then you need to add manually the game("Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate.pak" file) to the "Paks" folder of the OpenBOR app. Like you do with emulators and roms for example.

I hope you guys will enjoy it and have some fun! :megusta:
New #20  April 22, 2023, 11:24:04 pm
Hi everyone, i just updated the game once again with some cool stuff:

1. Added 5 more playable cachacters:
Kunio Kun, Marian, Honky Tonk Man, Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Jim duggan.

2. Added a proper grid style select screen

Download links: https://www.mediafire.com/file/44q1w5r3i7rvuju/DDR-ALTERNATE.5.1.1.zip/file

https://gamejolt.com/games/Double-Dragon-Reloaded-Alternate/805417

https://magggas.itch.io/double-dragon-reloaded-alternate

Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 07:59:17 pm by magggas