YesNoOk

[SOLVED] how do you create ex moves?  (Read 6486 times)

Started by CyraxXXi, May 15, 2018, 10:09:42 pm
Share this topic:
[SOLVED] how do you create ex moves?
New #1  May 15, 2018, 10:09:42 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
I'm trying to make some moves for my characters, I tried to do it by copying a move and changing the damage, but it does not work.
Can you help me?
For example, my character has two attacks with kick, the weak and the medium, I tried to copy the medium adding more damage and effect to make it a special ex, but it does not work.
Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:14:29 pm by CyraxXXi
Re: how do you create ex moves?
#2  May 15, 2018, 10:19:21 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#3  May 16, 2018, 02:14:42 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
Thanks, but I did not understand much

Up
#4  May 17, 2018, 01:33:13 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
In order to make an EX move, you need to have a new command in the cmd. This way you have to press the two button combo.
You need the ChangeState in the cmd that looks for the EX command and switches to the new StateDef #.

If you copy and paste the medium attack state, you have to change the statedef number to something new.
So say the medium is state 1010. You'd want to change the EX move to something like 1050. Then the 1050 is the number you'd use in the changestate in the cmd.
Use Debug to make sure you're switching to the proper state. Ctrl+D while fighting. You'll see the text at the bottom left in Mugen.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  May 17, 2018, 06:40:58 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
In order to make an EX move, you need to have a new command in the cmd. This way you have to press the two button combo.
You need the ChangeState in the cmd that looks for the EX command and switches to the new StateDef #.

If you copy and paste the medium attack state, you have to change the statedef number to something new.
So say the medium is state 1010. You'd want to change the EX move to something like 1050. Then the 1050 is the number you'd use in the changestate in the cmd.
Use Debug to make sure you're switching to the proper state. Ctrl+D while fighting. You'll see the text at the bottom left in Mugen.

I did as you said and I managed to create the ex moves, thanks for the help.