YesNoOk

Dead or Alive 6 revealed (Read 131226 times)

Started by GTOAkira, June 08, 2018, 04:29:45 pm
Share this topic:
Dead or Alive 6 revealed
#1  June 08, 2018, 04:29:45 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Re: Dead or Alive 6 revealed
#2  June 08, 2018, 06:16:06 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
what can I expect of this game? it´s fun to play like SFV. or MK. The trailer looks ok. but I´ve never played this game.
Well I hope it has a good story mode, explaining  more about story characters , because Im totally new :(
Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:22:09 pm by yaret
#3  June 08, 2018, 09:05:30 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
The moment before my reaction was: I just wake up, then I checked on my Discord server on my phone as new messages were in, on the videos channel one of my friends posted the trailer, I watched as I was like 'Wha-what...?', and then... I was saying 'Oschit!' and 'Omaigah!'.

I'm a semi-new Dead or Alive player and fan, as I started playing the first two Ultimate games for Xbox on my 360 in january, and I loved playing the second game, and in february I got Dead or Alive 5 and it was so awesome. And yeah I feel hyper for this new game.
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#4  June 08, 2018, 09:17:01 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Read that they gonna tone the sexiness of the gals down a bit (i.e. less revealing outfits, very little of the trademark jiggle) but I'm not mad. That's what mods for the imminent Steam release are for, right?
#5  June 08, 2018, 09:42:51 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I actually think that toning down the fanservice is a good thing, maybe some people will let go the negative bias they have against the franchise, it also helps the game to make its way through competitive scenario I guess.
Lasagna
#6  June 08, 2018, 10:02:46 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
I actually think that toning down the fanservice is a good thing, maybe some people will let go the negative bias they have against the franchise, it also helps the game to make its way through competitive scenario I guess.

As a person who supports fanservice, I'm also okay with that, I was like 'well, okay then, I'm still looking forward to this game'.

Support me on PayPal!
#7  June 08, 2018, 10:23:42 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I may be new to know this DoA series but I'm excited for this!
I'd better get back to main Honoka if she ever appear again in this game.
About the fanservice I'm absolutely OK since they toned it down a little.
I don't understand those complaints though.
This is fate.
#8  June 08, 2018, 10:24:49 pm
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico

Support me on PayPal!
#9  June 08, 2018, 10:29:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, they were supossed to keep the two games going on in parallel and keep the fanservice in the beach one, we will see if they will finally keep to their word.
#10  June 08, 2018, 10:55:27 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Oh boy, can't wait for more boobs and butts, and a little bit of gameplay! <3

Edit from after seeing the trailer: WHERE ARE THE BOOBS!? ... No seriously. Did Team Ninja make a trailer for DoA where clevage and buttcracks where not part of the main focus? That's a first one.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#11  June 08, 2018, 11:03:56 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
what can I expect of this game? it´s fun to play like SFV. or MK. The trailer looks ok. but I´ve never played this game.
Well I hope it has a good story mode, explaining  more about story characters , because Im totally new :(

DOA plays nothing like those games, its more similar to
the Virtua Fighter series.
#12  June 08, 2018, 11:52:49 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well.  Dead or Alive always was a series I could enjoy playing with friends, but for the life of me could never get good at or thoroughly invested in. (Though I did make it through that stupid 2-hour tutorial in 5 somehow.  Not that it helped, just made me try to counter everything at the wrong height)  Only a handful of characters appealed, and one of them already being the star of another series doesn't help.  That said, I know a diehard friend who is going to get this and coerce me into getting it just to play with him, so I guess I'm down.  Looks pretty at this point, I'll give it that.

So yeah, the whole fanservice thing is a hard split between getting on board or leaving the series for a number of people, and is really not needed to be focused on personally.  You'll likely still get your sexy alt outfits like everyone else does and jiggle slider in the options menu, but it'll probably help them draw in newcomers at least to reel it in on the default stuff.

Also, you got a Samus situation with Kasumi, going from wearing less to more
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
and still find them making ways to make the full-body new outfit still appear like fanservice.  So it's not a big deal anyways.
Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:30:18 am by Long John Killer
#13  June 09, 2018, 12:57:31 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Read that they gonna tone the sexiness of the gals down a bit (i.e. less revealing outfits, very little of the trademark jiggle) but I'm not mad. That's what mods for the imminent Steam release are for, right?

They tried that with vanilla DOA5, fans complained... 100s of revealing dlc costumes later...
I foresee the same happening here.

Nice to see actual facial animations this time.. not that stiff robotic look they had before.
#14  June 09, 2018, 03:09:55 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I might get this game. Never played a Dead or Alive game before, but there's a first time for everything.

As for the censorship issue, I guess I don't mind that much, but I still get annoyed when other people think of us as super prudes. I meant, have you been to the local mall around here? There's swimsuits and lingerie on display now, and that's not just in front of the Victoria's Secret.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#15  June 09, 2018, 06:01:13 am
  • The Goddess Returns

They tried that with vanilla DOA5, fans complained... 100s of revealing dlc costumes later...
I foresee the same happening here.

Nice to see actual facial animations this time.. not that stiff robotic look they had before.

Funny enough, even in the interview all they really said is that they was going to make it so there is no OMG mode type fanservice which IS a legit complaint. The problem is that people are going straight into full on autistic screeching mode despite the fact that most DOA players want there to not be as ridiculous fanservice costumes that the DLC later went onto and how ridiculous OMG mode was.

So basically, you have people REE'ing and IGN thinking they've won when we know this is just a Western Tactic and listening to those who simply want it toned down from the ridiculousness that Last Round later went into.

I'm ESPECIALLY fine with this since they plan on actually focusing on the males just as much as the females which has me hopeful that Hayate can actually be a badass for once.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#16  June 09, 2018, 06:33:19 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I want the bouncy breast and booty shots WTF..
#17  June 09, 2018, 02:26:12 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Yeah, it felt like they actually focused on more male fighters, which is a good thing. Maybe Leon could come back being a badass in terms of gameplay.

Helena, Ayane and Mila are my favourite females, so I'm pretty much safe, anyways.

Do you think Team Ninja will cross over more in DoA 6 ? Maybe we get Terry Bogard this time?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#18  June 09, 2018, 03:15:41 pm
#19  June 09, 2018, 03:41:06 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Yay, it's real...
#20  June 09, 2018, 05:50:40 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I want the bouncy breast and booty shots WTF..

It all just means we'll get more focus on pantsu.

Except it was never focused on Niitris, apparently ALL DOA TRAILERS have always focused on those 2 aspects like The Street Fighter stated...
(Seriously, all I remember is maybe the infamous "She Kicks High" commercial and a few commercials like that in Japan and I don't remember DOA5 in any capacity having trailers like that...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......