YesNoOk

Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Read 179747 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread
#161  June 11, 2018, 01:01:00 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ Big Hero 6 is a must watch.  My absolute favorite Disney flick in recent memory.

I should probably grab that remaster compliation for PS4 so I can catch up on everything before jumping into this one.  I'm playing through 358/2 Days for the first time and I'm being sharply reminded how fucking dense the story for this series is.
#162  June 11, 2018, 01:09:45 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I got it, it does somewhat help condensing some of the games into just cutscenes and a long story to read to be honest, though some part of me would still rather they reworked the games to be played on the PS4, because I'd like to play the actual 358/2 Days game.  But at least then you don't need to worry about Re:coded ever again.

Of course then for a compilation, it's still not the whole thing, since you got that way in the past prequel phone game, but at least 2.8's got the important stuff from that game covered too.
#163  June 11, 2018, 01:20:03 am
    • USA
TBH, you're not missing much gameplay-wise in 358/2.  It's all mission-based so you're not allowed to actually explore any of the worlds, and for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to combine your items, magic, techniques, weapons, armor, and leveling up into the same incomprehensible "Resident Evil 4 attache case"-style equipment grid system.
#164  June 11, 2018, 01:41:11 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I remember Square making a survey for KH feedback and in one of the sections I added for past Organization XIII members that were killed in CoM to have more backstory on who they were.  Seeing Larxene again is making me happy that we will finally get to know more about them.

I also like how the keychains do more than just give buffs and skills to the Keyblade and instead changes the whole combat melee attacks completely.

When are we getting a trailer for the Big Hero 6 world?
Tokyo Game Show most likely.
#165  September 11, 2018, 04:11:45 am
And there it is.

#166  November 10, 2018, 10:57:20 pm
Keyblade Wars - Trailer

Also:

Image of the day.
#167  November 11, 2018, 12:55:05 am
    • USA
I don't often ogle at game graphics, it being not very high on my list of criteria for a good game, but god damn does it impress me how the Disney characters resemble their movies and surpass in some cases.  And wow, was that a 358/2 Days manga reference there by Demyx?  Unexpected.  The only time I recall that they've really "hung out" would be in that when the whole Organization was on break under a blanket and Vexen ruined it for everyone.

Gotta be honest, there's not much more they can do to make me want this game any more that I already do or sway others in either direction, though.  At this point all these trailers are doing are spoiling pretty neat plot points.  I mean, good that they're addressing things like the Lingering Will but save some surprises for the game, yeah?
#168  November 11, 2018, 12:13:21 pm
  • Was it something I said?
In case anyone missed it, here's Tangled.

#169  December 17, 2018, 09:56:25 pm
Final Battle Trailer.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#170  December 17, 2018, 11:12:37 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
As some would call it, the game to break the will of Sora.
#171  December 17, 2018, 11:54:06 pm
    • USA
I fully expect the scene with Donald to equally be a fake-out just like with Goofy in KHII and they'll likely call back to the ridiculousness of it too.  They're not going to permanently kill off a Disney character.  Not unless they're a parent.  Donald's only uncle-grade material.

...Though that does mean if they introduce Max into the games finally, it's all fair game to actually kill off Goofy this time, I guess.

I guess we skipped over the previous news, but Skrillex of all people was brought on board to work with Utada making a NEW theme song for the game, unrelated to "Don't Think Twice" shown previously.  Which they played here in this new trailer, but might as well also share the opening trailer they posted last week too.

I have nothing against the guy himself, beyond actually naming himself after the Organization XIII motif I guess, but Skrillex's music stylings just so do not match the tone of the game or video.  While I can enjoy the electronic parts of previous openings, that whole thing with the bass dropping this one just makes me cringe in disappointment.  Others seem to be liking it though so what do I know?

Also the game's been leaked up online, so it's rather hard to properly go about to gauge people's options on news knowing people are spoiling it in the comments on videos and news sites, but there was this notice from Nomura.

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1074192394176815105
Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:00:29 am by Long John Killer
#172  April 28, 2019, 10:33:32 pm
#173  April 30, 2019, 03:15:03 am
    • USA
DLC for KH3 announced as Re:Mind

Will contain a special chapter + new boss.  More details to arrive around June.

I really hope the new boss is Sephiroth.... I feel like he should have been in this game. One final fight with him before moving on to another major FF antagonist in KH4 or something....

But, alas, I doubt that will happen.
#174  May 02, 2019, 09:09:30 am
    • Netherlands
In general I really hope we get to return to Radiant Garden so we can meet Leon and the gang again.
#175  June 10, 2019, 03:53:43 pm

Playable Aqua, Riku, and Roxas outside of boss battles, Oathkeeper keychain with a new form, more story cutscenes, Winter 2020 release date.
#176  June 10, 2019, 04:29:42 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I could have sworn it was winter 2019 instead of 2020 since the trailer said this year unless it's release in Japan this year a d the US next year.
#177  June 10, 2019, 04:57:33 pm
    • USA
Playable Kairi would've been nice, but we all know that's never gonna happen.  She was such an utter disappointment in KHIII.   All these years and all these different games hyping Kairi up as being so important and going on and on about how she's going to train with the Keyblade so she can become an equal to Sora and Riku and she is never once elevated beyond "helpless damsel" status.  I don't think they ever even showed her actually using her Keyblade in the whole damn game.
#178  June 10, 2019, 08:17:27 pm
    • USA
I really don't get what was the thought process behind Kairi.  There was a plain path of building up the character laid out throughout the games.  At least have a scene showing an attempt at proving herself and failing like Axel, but no, they quite literally fridged her.  Quoting "You need some further motivation" and all.  But we're supposed to feel sorry for Xehanort in the end?  Nah, mate.

Oblivion and Oathkeeper, or at the very least just the latter due to story relevance between 1 and 2 just being up and missing this game seemed wrong too, regardless of Roxas showing up with them in the story or not.  Guess that explains it.
#179  December 08, 2019, 04:13:09 pm

-Final Fantasy characters return
-Playable Kairi and Data fights
-Yozora at the end of the trailer
-Scala Ad Caelum fully explorable
Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:16:46 pm by Kirishima
#180  December 08, 2019, 05:15:37 pm
    • USA
Holy hell in a handbasket, they're actually letting Kairi do something besides need to be rescued.  Only took them 18 years to do it.