YesNoOk

Dead or Alive 6 revealed (Read 131232 times)

Started by GTOAkira, June 08, 2018, 04:29:45 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dead or Alive 6 revealed
#21  June 10, 2018, 05:45:26 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Some Gameplay
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#22  June 10, 2018, 05:55:54 am
  • Raging Fist
I gotta say DOA6 looks damn impressive. While I may find their fanservice decision a mix between going serious and maybe a bit lacking, that alone can be made up with mods just as easily as Griffin stated. The combat seems a bit more polished up and even has a bit more realism to it. Team Ninja is still going strong.
#23  June 10, 2018, 09:33:24 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I hope we can get some VF characters in, I forgot which one
had Akira, Jacky would be nice!
#24  June 10, 2018, 10:17:44 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
No "YEAAAAHHHHH", no buy.
Lasagna
#25  June 10, 2018, 12:14:57 pm
how about a tekken guest character?
#26  June 11, 2018, 03:59:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The think that puts me down about doa it's that it's "always" the same characters with the movelist, just better gfx.
#27  June 12, 2018, 04:50:18 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Just when yuou think Team Ninja couldn't outdo themselves...
#28  June 12, 2018, 04:16:33 pm
they dropped the jiggle engine. so no more jiggling boobs.

they are probably going for a serious tone this time around with less sexiness. one of the devs said last game the girls were too sexy and they'll focus on the "cool factor" this time around cause the last game apparently was too embarrassing to play. and they said that american comics are going for this trend too.

so DOA that was known for it's fan service is going to drop fan service. i dunno but i think this is a stupid move. unless if the gameplay is amazing and not lackluster like DOA 5.
Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:24:24 pm by 地獄の花
#29  June 12, 2018, 09:04:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but, american comics; but it seems they missed the memo where american comics are losing sales and the ones doing well are the comics based movies.

and they said the same things for doa5 and ended up recapitulating because the fgc did not take thier game seriously anyway (first make a good and deep fighting game, then take out the nipples like sf), I expect that will happen again.
#30  June 12, 2018, 09:51:08 pm
#31  June 13, 2018, 12:09:29 am
i think he means the titles who are sjw influenced like iron heart. which is cancelled.
#32  June 13, 2018, 01:04:40 am
They also said that they're going for the e-sports crowd. Good luck, DoA5 is still a jank fighting game (though somehow not much worse than what current day Namco has to offer) and while it's still too early, I highly doubt 6 will suddenly become an FGC darling. Apparently cool = zap all of the fun that DoA is known for (boob jiggle included) and make everyone wear black, boring as fuck costumes with bland looking stages. All to appease people who are gonna end up dropping the game anyway and go back to Street Fighter V or Dragonball.

Tag Team mode is also confirmed to be absent from the game (per Famitsu), something that every game in the series has had since 1999. Meanwhile, Soulcalibur VI has just confirmed Create-a-Character, hasn't made e-sports a priority, and has personality that resembles a Soulcalibur game. Gravure movies are also absent (kinda duh) but that's the more overt stuff that most people wouldn't have an issue with toning down.

This game sounds awful so far, I'm not interested in playing some "generic western action game" called Dead or Alive. Maybe they'll turn it around somewhere, but it's safe to say this game is already off to a poor start.
Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:13:30 am by Niitris
#33  June 13, 2018, 02:02:42 am
what for? for publicity?  KOF and GG is barely recognize and it's in e-sports. DBZF , SMASH and SF are different , these 3 are popular even without the FGC hell they made FGC popular because they are in it.
#34  June 13, 2018, 03:00:44 am
Mainly long-term publicity and money. Partially so that people can feel 'proud' when playing DoA.
#35  June 13, 2018, 05:30:53 am
  • The Goddess Returns
They also said that they're going for the e-sports crowd. Good luck, DoA5 is still a jank fighting game (though somehow not much worse than what current day Namco has to offer) and while it's still too early, I highly doubt 6 will suddenly become an FGC darling. Apparently cool = zap all of the fun that DoA is known for (boob jiggle included) and make everyone wear black, boring as fuck costumes with bland looking stages. All to appease people who are gonna end up dropping the game anyway and go back to Street Fighter V or Dragonball.

Tag Team mode is also confirmed to be absent from the game (per Famitsu), something that every game in the series has had since 1999. Meanwhile, Soulcalibur VI has just confirmed Create-a-Character, hasn't made e-sports a priority, and has personality that resembles a Soulcalibur game. Gravure movies are also absent (kinda duh) but that's the more overt stuff that most people wouldn't have an issue with toning down.

This game sounds awful so far, I'm not interested in playing some "generic western action game" called Dead or Alive. Maybe they'll turn it around somewhere, but it's safe to say this game is already off to a poor start.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade Niitris, but I honestly gotta disagree with your assertions something fierce...

1. Team Ninja(and most DOA competitive fans) know damn well that DOA isn't going to suddenly be the talk of the town and be some omega huge fanbase at all. There's a difference between trying to expand to get more people to watch and respect it and believing we will be at DBFZ numbers.

2. They never said they was going to zap anything away...including boob jiggle. I like when from what I heard, when IGN in the live demo of the game tried to press if that means the swimsuits was going to be zapped away too, they danced around that question completely to talk about the game...
You are basically fussing over NOTHING as they are building up the game to be more serious, which is pretty damn natural as you don't see them doing the same thing for SFV in any of it's content meanwhile they sprinkle out the DLC the way they usually do outside of the known press.

3. So because Kasumi and Helena wears black in their default costumes, that suddenly means everyone is going to wear black now? You know that isn't the case and for Kasumi, that's an even dumber thing to complain about since people LOVED the Hayabusa-like Ninja outfit she wears at the end of DOA5's story.

4. Tag Mode being gone sucks and I actually do agree with you on that one. But considering how broken it is for DOA4 and 5 and how they don't really seem to tweak it at all for their new systems, I'd rather it be gone if they aren't going to tweak it whatsoever.

5. Trying to compare it to Soul Calibur VI is pretty shitty considering Tekken 7 has lost ALOT of modes between Tekken 6 and Tekken 7 and thus would have been the better comparison tool.

But honestly, that's your decision and I'm not going to influence it whatsoever. But I will say I honestly completely disagree.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#36  June 13, 2018, 12:04:28 pm
You're right about the costumes, E3 streams all had alternate colors for everyone's costume trailer, so yeah it was a bit dishonest. But first impressions are everything, and that first trailer's impression could've been better. The follow up information didn't help matters.

Tekken 7 lacking modes also got (fair) criticism, particualry the choice to make Tekken Bowl into DLC. But that isn't DoA6's direct competition, SCVI and Smash Ultimate will be. Unless Early 2019 is in May or something.

I hope [E] is right and they're just saving it all for later. The reason they did the last time is because Ninja Gaiden 3 bombed in their face and feedback from the pre-release alpha (as they called it) several months before release.

I guess we'll see when more characters are announced.
#37  June 13, 2018, 07:19:36 pm
i honestly don't care if they go for a family friendly tone for this game as long as they have a solid gameplay and interesting combos.

the last game isn't that great with the exceptions of pai and akira , ayane , bass , lei fang and that kasumi clone are the only characters i found interesting to learn.

i hope they'll make something original or something different this time around , i dunno like a little bit of aerial combo. or faster 3d movement like how bloody roar tried to do.
#38  June 14, 2018, 12:14:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i honestly don't care if they go for a family friendly tone for this game as long as they have a solid gameplay and interesting combos.

That's the problem, they only talk about what they are taking form the game, not about what they are adding to make it better.
#39  June 14, 2018, 04:02:04 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#40  June 14, 2018, 04:19:51 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Thank god, maybe now people can put this to rest. The jiggle is still there, it's more realistic so people can pay more attention to the fighting and elegance of the game.