YesNoOk

"Tiny Buffering" Update [Divinewolf] UPDATE: 27.06.18 (Read 12907 times)

Started by Cruz, June 11, 2018, 09:15:46 am
Share this topic:
"Tiny Buffering" Update [Divinewolf] UPDATE: 27.06.18
#1  June 11, 2018, 09:15:46 am
    • Canada
Applied various changes including the ones that Divinewolf recently added to his characters.

ALL CHARACTERS:
 - Updated to match Divinewolf's updates
 - "Tiny Buffering" System
 - Adjusted jumps
 - Few extra system fixes

CHARACTER SPECIFIC UPDATES:

Clark: <25.06.18>
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Heart: <27.06.18>

Saki: <25.06.18>

Shermie: <25.06.18>

Yoko: <25.06.18>

Characters with charge motions (Clark and Saki) are using an SNK charge system similar to that of Jmorphman's characters

Download
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:14:13 pm by Cruz

DW

Re: "Tiny Buffering" Update [Divinewolf]
#2  June 12, 2018, 03:59:47 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
In regards to charge commands: Haven't implemented them myself just yet, though when asking JZ about them, he told me to reference his Balrog(Bison) as he hadn't updated him to use Step 2 yet. Balrog's charge commands feel fine for his punches and headbutt special(which is a D,U charge command). So yeah, look over how JZ did it with Balrog. I'll test these and get back with you....whenever. :P
#3  June 12, 2018, 04:28:50 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I’d also check your jump start time. If it’s anything less than 3 frames, charge moves will generally be hard to pull off consistently.

DW

#4  June 12, 2018, 04:37:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I’d also check your jump start time. If it’s anything less than 3 frames, charge moves will generally be hard to pull off consistently.

I'll keep this in mind myself. :P Thanks.

For the Alpha Counter high/low detection, change it to this:

I initially goof'd with this. Having it read var 4-5-6, instead of 3-4-5. Also, I don't use the brackets buffering anymore, because that was also a cause for larger window inputs.

Also for the Camera KO Focus, your char must also have this in their State - 2:

This is so the camera will be able to scroll off your defeated char.

**EDIT:

I've only DL'd Shermie currently. A few things I've noticed/suggestions:

-Busty Suplex. I suggest having p2 stay on the ground longer when slammed. They recover too fast for this to be viable most times.

-Still on Busty Suplex, she can special(maybe super?) cancel out of it when hitting p2 with it. You have safeguards in place, so luckily p2 doesn't freeze, but still. That shouldn't be a thing.

-For her Lv3, p2 recovers before she does. A simple fix would be just to have p2 go a bit higher when hit with her knee, then fall to the ground a bit slower(y.accel). Or just the latter is cool. Using the Diagup hit parameter for it would look nicer as well.

-For Diamond Dust(not EX)... The bindings look really weird on some chars, though alright on others... I know this varies from char to char, but I feel it's more the frame choices you made, rather than varying chars/the binding values themselves. I'd suggest referencing Anjel's Shermie that's hosted here. The frames used on her look a lot smoother for every char I used it on when comparing.
Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:29:28 am by A$AP DW
#5  June 12, 2018, 06:49:42 pm
I second these for Shermie I tested them myself as for angel Shermie its a good Shermie  it is worth a look. I'll report if I find anything funny. Thanks for the updates.
#6  June 13, 2018, 06:10:52 pm
    • Canada

- Felt like that could have been the issue since the jump start time on Divinewolf's characters is 3 frames.
After trying Balrog which did have a short and long jump start based on groove, I can say that the issue was coming from the 3 frame jump start. Saki's jump start will be 5 frames for now.

- Fixed
Would brackets buffering even be different though?
- Added that now

- Increased the frame advantage
- Should be fixed now
- The opponent goes higher now and will go into DiagUp should the animation exist
- Took a look at it and It does look overall better but I didn't like how it looked when the character is about to get launched. Also looked back at the source game and tried binding it again. Do the bindings look better now?

All character updated. Thanks everyone!
Projects

DW

Re: "Tiny Buffering" Update [Divinewolf] UPDATE: 13.06.18
#7  June 13, 2018, 06:19:56 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Just to clear any confusion, for anyone who may be chiming in, you guys mean ticks not frames. He did say anything less than 3, and I default to 3. :P Though if that's too little time you feel, 5 should be good I suppose.

Would brackets buffering even be different though?

Not 100% on that. Though when I removed them, it felt better, so I'll assume it does. Why even have it, if it doesn't make a difference?

- Took a look at it and It does look overall better but I didn't like how it looked when the character is about to get launched. Also looked back at the source game and tried binding it again. Do the bindings look better now?

I'll get back with you soon.
#8  June 14, 2018, 12:00:49 am
awesome! but the files giving me error when i try open them
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:43:17 am by BahamianKing Gaming
#9  June 14, 2018, 04:49:38 am
    • Canada
Projects
#10  June 14, 2018, 07:31:37 pm
oh first time i saw this message. yea i guess i need to update my winrar. any chance you could link me to it?

DW

#11  June 15, 2018, 03:42:42 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
awesome! but the files giving me error when i try open them

You only need Google it sir.

Yeah... For the most part. I'm not going to be nit-picky. It's as good as it needs to be.
#12  June 18, 2018, 08:21:23 am
im having issues doing shermie's grabs like its like they have a small charge to them also on the left side (this maybe me though)
I can barely do any of the special grabs.
I can hit the same commands with Vans's Rugal or Jman's king with ease, again maybe its something on my end but I felt its worth reporting.
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:53:40 pm by PeXXeR
#13  June 18, 2018, 05:02:08 pm
    • Canada
I've updated the characters to match the buffer window that Divinewolf's characters have for half circle motions. It should make command grabs easier to do.
Projects
Re: "Tiny Buffering" Update [Divinewolf] UPDATE: 18.06.18
#14  June 18, 2018, 05:52:07 pm
With the latest update, it seems at random when her grabs come out. Vans's rugal is in the video too,because its the same buffering system right ? also just to make sure its not me being an idiot, I also checked it in KOF 2002UM steam edition and I can nail Shermie's grabs everytime. I apologize if its something on my end.

Video of Shermie and Rugal.
https://streamable.com/loo2q
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:59:25 pm by PeXXeR
#15  June 19, 2018, 03:30:09 pm
    • Canada
Vans's Rugal looks like it's using Step 2 of Tiny Buffering? Also it's overall structure for half circle motions is more forgiving than that of Divinewolf's version.
Projects
#16  June 19, 2018, 03:34:22 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Unless he updated Rugal after I released Alex, I doubt it uses Step 2 since that was something I came up with between Sagat and Alex.
#17  June 19, 2018, 04:07:36 pm
Can confirm that Rugal doesn't, I was just messing around with those characters trying to learn how bitwise works.

DW

#18  June 19, 2018, 05:18:39 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
@PeXXer:

Are you having any trouble with my Akuma's Shankunetsu fireball or Athena's reflect/command grab?

@Cruz:

I'm looking at Shermie's CMD, and you might want to try rearranging the placement of her HCB/HCF moves. Put the most difficult to use moves higher up as Mugen prioritizes code from top to bottom. I would personally put it like this:

*F.Captured(This is the hardest/has the most inputs)
*Shermie Spiral
*Diamond Dust
*Dragon Punch moves
*QCF/QCB moves

The only moves that should be above F.Captured/S.Spiral/D.Dust should be their EX variants and Supers. Lightning Lariat(doesn't matter if it's her Lv3) should be below S.Carnival and S.Flash. The buffering system takes this into account a LOT. Even more so than Mugen default buffering.
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:22:42 pm by A$AP DW
#19  June 19, 2018, 05:47:24 pm
DW, take this with a pinch of salt  cause Im pretty bad with Athena and ive played with her twice in CVS2.
I have to double tap forward to get it to work but if I do it works everytime. Combo-wise I can hit a bunch of really fun stuff so its fine there too.

As for Shermie, if its only me having this issue, its all good.
Would be nice for more people to post what their results are.

I would love if @Vans pops in to shed some light on this too.

Edit Dunno how to tag someone.
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:58:52 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#20  June 19, 2018, 05:58:12 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You have to double tap forward to get reflect to work? Honestly, I wouldn't be able to do any of these moves on a keyboard, if that's what you're using. I play with a PS3 controller. Shermie feels OK for the most part, but rearranging the CMD would definitely help, and it's a good rule of thumb in general.