YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2412089 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12161  June 15, 2018, 04:27:22 am
Still want to know more about One Punch Man Season 2. İ hope they don't delay it like it happened with Attack On Titan Season 2. Speaking of that, Attack On Titan Season 3 is almost starting.
#12162  June 15, 2018, 05:37:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah the action became teh suck, but the politics became top notch.
#12163  June 16, 2018, 03:34:39 am
Another recap episode for Full Metal Panic IV *groan*. Two recap episodes in a ten week period doesn't sound too good on top of official subs being late. Looks like production might be in a tight spot although the show's visuals remain solid. I'm loving it so far, but having to wait two weeks after these cliff hangers destroy me.

I watched Patema Inverted the other day and was some what disappointed. For something made b the creator of Time of Eve it felt a bit basic and Ghibli-light. Not a bad movie by any means ,but I can't see it as memorable.
#12164  June 17, 2018, 07:49:11 pm
so decided to watch hina matsuri and by god this show is amazing.

edit: yeah episode 5 and it's really really good , in fact i'm planning to buy a copy next week. i'd say it's on above konosuba level , comedy that doesn't rely on sex jokes and what impressed me is that the 2 female characters was shown naked without being sexual , that's hard to do really hard.
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:12:37 pm by 地獄の花
#12165  June 23, 2018, 02:53:05 pm
I can safely say that AnjuHinamatsuri remains consistently funny the whole way through. Wonder what you think about Hitomi's arc? Hope it gets another season, but I'm tired of holding my breath for these things to happen.
#12166  June 23, 2018, 06:58:16 pm
i love all the characters and their personality. yeah i don't think it'll have a season 2 , it ain't that popular. though IMO it's more entertaining than the rest this season.
#12167  June 24, 2018, 06:39:41 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just finished Gundam Wing finally, it took me forever
Good OST , Amazing Mech designs, Beautiful but sometimes blatantly overused visuals,horrible story,horrible characters.
Half way through the anime started acting as if disliking war is some incredibly rare trait only few selected people have which was absolutely retarded.
The final episode was great and a had a nice callback to the very first episode,but the series in its entirety just felt incredibly dissapointing and a fun finale can't make up for over 40 episodes of utter mediocrity(Or even Less-than-mediocrity at times)
The absolutely most dissapointing thing was
Spoiler: "Episode 48" (click to see content)
Another thing that made no sense
Spoiler: "Dorothy stuff" (click to see content)
This writing was a mess
I'll watch the Endless Waltz movie later but I doubt it can make this any better

pretty much every gundam,except Zero,looked amazing
Zero looked really generic but most protagonists in gundam get the short end of the stick with the basic "White suit with generic gundam head" design (Rare deviations being Moustache Man and Double X and probably a few others I dont know or remember)
It also had amazing tracks. The OPs were great,and so were the battle themes. The ED felt outta place throughout the entirety of the series.What was Relena doing on a safari? Why as she there? Whats the point of that?
But yea visuals and sound were not enough to save this for me
4/10

Edit: Forgot to add but the plot armor for main characters was absolutely insane and killed absolutely all tension
Also Heero threatened to murder a bunch of characters and by the end of the series they're all alive and well and most are his friends now. Good going you.

Edit 2 : Also I have no idea why they made Chang Wufei hate women so much. All it did was make him absolutely hilarious to me and sometimes hard to take seriously when everything he does is stuff "Begone thot" facebook pages would do
Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:52:44 pm by Erroratu
#12168  June 25, 2018, 05:06:01 am
Every once in a while, I entertain the  idea of rewatching Wing just see how it held up since I first watched it on Toonami (don't remember a damn thing though). Not 48 episode curious though. I'll be content rewatching the OP's for the umpteenth time. The Endless Waltz's gundam designs were neat at least.

Combing through my backlog, I've finally come around to watching Land of the Lustrous. The CG usage in this show was definitely one of the more effective I've seen so far. The gems look nice and vibrant while the animation seems sharp whether it's a hectic fight scene or just simple character interaction. The facial expressions are especially good compared to a lot of the lifeless attempts I've seen in other shows. The characters themselves are alright; I'm assuming that their behaviour is all based on gem characteristics or something. The protagonist felt slightly annoying at the start ,but I eventually did find Phos entertaining. It's also hard not to feel a bit o empathy when Phos keeps biting off more than they can chew. The story is fine, yet it's basically the first act of potentially interesting series. I'm sure there's a bunch of symbolism in there that I'm missing out on and should read up to get clearer picture. A sequel would be nice, but etc. etc. etc.
#12169  June 26, 2018, 06:33:37 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland

Oh yes
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#12170  July 06, 2018, 01:45:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
:flipout: LIVE ACTION GUNDAM MOVIE :flipout:

the smart move here (and I think there's a pretty fair possibility this will be the case) would for this project to not be an adaptation of anything, and instead do it as a new, AU story. This is exactly what they do with every new Gundam TV show they've made for the past 25 years: they set it in its own world, with no connections to any previous show, so that anyone can jump in and not be lost/have to catch up on previous entries. Then they draw in those new fans to the original Gundam series/timeline and get their hooks into them. It's a strategy that has worked out pretty well for them, and helped keep the franchise fresh.

Anyways, let's hope it's better than the first attempt:
#12171  July 06, 2018, 03:59:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Just saying that I was not expecting oh great to be such an apropiate mangaka for bakemonogatari.
#12172  July 06, 2018, 06:01:58 pm
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-06/bookstore-so-im-a-spider-so-what-novels-get-anime-project/.133917

So I'm a Spider,So what? is getting an anime adaption. I read through the first couple of volumes and really loved it. The aspect of the protagonist being reincarnated as a low level monster that basically has to use her wits and power to not get murdered by all manner of monsters and people make it for me. My only pet peeve is that I could do without the videogame mechanics and just have it be a standard fantasy.
#12173  July 06, 2018, 06:12:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The videogame mechanics tend to get annoying as F, they are my biggest problem with the genre, I am ok with shield hero because it gets revealed that the mechanics work like they do in magic knight rayearth.

With all the isekai we are getting (goblin slayer, tensei shitara slime, shield hero) I am still annoyed that mushoku tensei has not gotten an anime, but at least  it's the only good one that has not.
#12174  July 06, 2018, 06:32:29 pm
Seems like they'll give everything a shot once, so it could happen eventually.

Speaking of isekai, I did watch episode 1 How Notto Summon a Demon Lord and didn't hate it. Just seems like a lower level attempt at what Overlord is doing. I could watch it for kicks ,but since Overlord is coming back this season I rather use my isekai slot on on that instead.
#12175  July 06, 2018, 07:06:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It seems to be like overlord, but is more of a comedy, just  not as good as konosuba or even in the same league. but yeah, overlord is better so, isekai maou is only watchable for the comedy slot.
#12176  July 06, 2018, 08:11:21 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
G-Saviour is pure kino, there's no way Hollywood will do better than Canucks.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#12177  July 08, 2018, 07:40:32 am
İ didn't feel like starting a new topic for this but, we are researching which anime fits as a crossover with Ranma 1/2's world. İt's for a game project. We have Yu Yu Hakusho in mind. Some certain characters are possible too. Any suggestions?
#12178  July 08, 2018, 07:47:43 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The obvious would be other Rumiko properties like Inuyasha or Urusei Yatsura

Are you looking for things with a wacky school setting, or martial arts, or both
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12179  July 08, 2018, 07:51:00 am
İ'm looking for both really.
#12180  July 08, 2018, 08:12:06 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Ranma has so many successors it's ridiculous so I'll go with To-LOVE-ru and Love Hina

You can also go with contemporaries like Tenchi Muyo
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time