YesNoOk

Corvus color separation - requests closed (Read 58712 times)

Started by Duke of Corvus, April 24, 2018, 08:29:19 am
Share this topic:
Corvus color separation - requests closed
#1  April 24, 2018, 08:29:19 am
  • For the Murder!
I've just finished writing my thesis for engineer degree and I've got some free time while it's being rejected reviewed.
So I'm offering some community service and taking requests for color separation.

How to make a request:
- Post one sprite or gif of the character you want to have separated
- Include the name and author of the character (it doesn't have to be yours)
- Post also a link of the character or sff
- Explain which parts you want separated (just don't go overboard)
- ONLY ONE REQUEST PER USER PLEASE

Then I'll select one of the requests (on personal preference) and make the separation free of charge
I can take only one request at a time with no queue for non selected requests
It is necessary that the character has free cells to work with in its color table
Highly preferable that the character has an already built sff and a neatly arranged palette
If the palette is a mess I still can make the separation, but I won't fix it, I'll leave it as it is...
It's also preferable that the elements you want separated are easily identifiable.
Since I'll be doing this in my free time, expect from 2 to 4 weeks to have it finished

examples of finished works
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:11:16 am by Duke of Corvus
Re: Corvus color separation - Requests Open
#2  April 24, 2018, 07:32:47 pm
  • Eat Shit.
    • USA
    • brokkenshoe@live.com
Are you willing to do live-action characters?
#3  April 24, 2018, 08:34:17 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
hi duke, great initiative
congratulations on you be willing to help
#4  April 25, 2018, 02:28:38 am
  • For the Murder!
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#5  April 25, 2018, 03:00:15 am
    • USA
If its to help you get better.. I just want to see how you would go about doing these specific items.. I'm pretty much doing the same thing myself. If I did this wrong let me know.

Seeing as no one has said anything I'll just post a few you can choose from. You'll notice a lot of facial hair requests as I feel its probably the hardest thing to do.

I'd like to see a beard/t-shirt.

Beard again, footguards, or SF1 style shoes.

Shades, facial hair

gif(if need non cs pal)

Not to intrude to what you say, but here is another cool suggestion you could do. I think it would be fun to see.
#6  April 25, 2018, 03:09:38 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hi, would you be willing to color separate Marrow by Buckus? I personally think her peculiar design can allow for some interesting alternate palettes.

I suppose a ideally separation would be something of the kind:
  • Hair
  • Eyes/teeth
  • Gloves/boots
  • Bones
  • The yellow stripes that are shared w/ skin color
  • The "coming from sewer" intro
Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:33:57 pm by NDSilva
#7  April 25, 2018, 05:11:15 pm
  • For the Murder!
all of that requires to draw certain elements into the sprites. one of the requirements I mentioned is that separable elements need to be identifiable.

Hi, would you be willing to color separate Marrow by Buckus? I personally think her peculiar design can allow for some interesting alternate palettes.

I suppose a ideally separation would be something of the kind:
  • Hair
  • Eyes/teeth
  • Gloves/boots
  • Bones
  • The yellow stripes that are shared w/ skin color
  • The "coming from sewer" intro

Mmm yes, that one looks doable, if it has enough free cells I can do more than that.
Don't quite understand the coming from sewer thing unless I look at the sff file.
I'll update this post later

Edit: yes, marrow has enough free spaces to work with and elements can be separated, separation will also apply to the intro except for the black shade.
it's decided then. Marrow will be

she takes her dagger and projectiles from the bones in her back, it'll be weird for them to suddenly change color, so all bones will be shared, but they'll be separated from the skin
resulting elements will be:

To do list
-gloves
- arms
-bones / dagger / elbows
-tank top
-hair
-face
-eyes / teeth
- yellow stripe
-pants [50%]
-boots
-manhole

Almost done

Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:07:37 am by Duke of Corvus
Re: Corvus color separation - Requests Closed
#8  April 25, 2018, 05:50:17 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
YESH! Thanks for the consideration :woeh:

Just by the sample you showed above, I can say she has a lot of interesting color possibilities.
I gotta also agree, it's more reasonable to keep the dagger sharing colors with all bones.
Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:23:32 am by NDSilva
Re: Corvus color separation - Requests Closed
#9  June 04, 2018, 03:02:37 am
  • For the Murder!
Update on current project:
this morning a sector of my hard disc went bad and became unreadable, which in turn prevented my laptop to turn on.
a friend of mine, who works in IT support is helping me salvage an image of the disk and said I'll only lose around 100 mb or so of files (yippee!)
at best some big file is located in the bad sector and I'll only lose that file, at worst several fragmented files share that sector and I'll lose more than 100 mb of files.
in a perfect, unlikely scenario, nothing will be lost. it's been almost 12 hours and 25% has been completely recovered. once the bad sectors come in it'll extend to several days or weeks (yikes!)

now onto the current project: marrow CS:
the bad news is that yeah, I lost a huge chunk of work, specifically the separation of the bones and arms, that one was a low blow for me, it took me some real effort to sepaarte these parts
the good news is that I had an older back up in a pen drive I use, and was around 75% finished is only missing the separation of the bones, the skin and part of her uniform.
I'll leave it here meanwhile the more complete one is recovered but apparently some newly modified folders were the ones at fault somehow, between these the ones for mugen projects

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwoop4aw16f5qam/Marrow_SFF.rar

on the bright side nothing of value will be lost and evenso, I'll be able to recover most of whatever I have stored in there
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:09:20 am by Duke of Corvus

DW

Re: Corvus color separation - workshop temporary Closed
#10  June 04, 2018, 03:46:21 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm sorry to hear that. I just got a new PC myself like a month ago because my old one crashed. Taking most of my files with it. Hope it all works out. I really like what you did with Goddess Athena. Good job and thanks for your efforts. I'm hoping I can catch you when your requests are open again, so I can possibly seduce you into helping me out with my Morrigan/Lilith. :llama:
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:59:27 pm by "Playoff" DW
Re: Corvus color separation - workshop temporary Closed
#11  July 05, 2018, 09:18:34 pm
  • For the Murder!
So yeah, the complete version of marrow won't be recovered until I buy a new HD. I revovered 98% of my files
meanwhile I helped divinewolf with both Lilith and Morrigan, wait for their update from him.
Shermie by ahuron was also completed. She's somewhere in the "1.0+ edits" section.

Anyways, I'm open again to suggestions. Post them below
Re: Corvus color separation - requests open again
#12  July 05, 2018, 09:55:10 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Are you fine with Kaiser Knuckle characters?
Namely Lihua by seki-rou.

The stuff I want seperated would be:
  • Skirt
  • Boots
  • Gloves
  • Sword
  • Headband
#13  July 05, 2018, 11:57:01 pm
This one's a bit more challenging:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sea7v8diegjzs8y/new.sff?dl=0

Ideally, the separation would be:

• Jacket
  • Pants/Shoes?
  • Sleeves
  • Headdress
  • Wings
  • Buttons on jacket
  • Hair
  • White parts on collar

With those that'd leave the face and blood parts on jacket separated, but there may be one or two little things I'm missing. .sff contains a palette with Jedah's main colors, along with the blood colors for his various attacks (already separated) and contract for his Prova di Servo, AND a badly done sprite mocking up what I have in mind for separation.

If this is too extensive, feel free to ignore it altogether. If not, you have my gratitude.
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:40:48 pm by Afterthought
#14  July 06, 2018, 01:13:56 am
roberta and marrow look very nice!!! you are very creative.
Re: Corvus color separation - requests closed
#15  July 06, 2018, 06:10:24 am
  • For the Murder!
Are you fine with Kaiser Knuckle characters?
Namely Lihua by seki-rou.

The stuff I want seperated would be:
  • Skirt
  • Boots
  • Gloves
  • Sword
  • Headband

I'm Okay with this one... I'll take it

This one's a bit more challenging:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sea7v8diegjzs8y/new2.sff?dl=0

Ideally, the separation would be:

• Jacket
  • Pants/Shoes?
  • Sleeves
  • Headdress
  • Wings
  • Buttons on jacket
  • Hair
  • White parts on collar

With those that'd leave the face and blood parts on jacket separated, but there may be one or two little things I'm missing. .sff contains a palette with Jedah's main colors, along with the blood colors for his various attacks (already separated) and contract for his Prova di Servo, AND a badly done sprite mocking up what I have in mind for separation.

If this is too extensive, feel free to ignore it altogether. If not, you have my gratitude.

Jedah though looks hella difficult, it uses the same colors for every part, but I might try to give it a shot after Lihua

So current project Lihua by Seki-rou
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:32:20 am by Duke of Corvus
#16  July 07, 2018, 10:55:54 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Jedah is gonna defy the state of sanity, so thats not just a bit more challenging... way WAY more challenging. The sprites are hella challenging so if you need any help (and if you end up taking it) ask for some. I think I can help given I have studied his sprites a bit.
Chilling
Lihua Color separation progress
#17  July 28, 2018, 06:38:37 am
  • For the Murder!
Lihua by Seki Rou basic color sepration

I mean basic because isn't something overly complicated like what I did with athena and is only about 60% finished from the original plan, but due to some IRL drawbacks I wasn't able to properly work on this one and I was taking  lot of time to do some proper progress. Anyways, here's some progress

what was separated:
-boots
-stockings
-sword
-sword sheath
-jacket
-panties

what is still missing
-separate skirt from shirt
-separate golden trim from shirt, skirt and jacket
-separate bandana
-separate arms from face

PATCH HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7j4s8fgahbn9uas/lihua.rar/file
Includes only the SFF and one palette.
#18  July 28, 2018, 11:24:35 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
That looks really nice. I'll make some palettes for this later.
...Well, I already made one.
#19  September 22, 2018, 06:58:34 am
  • For the Murder!
#20  September 22, 2018, 12:26:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I had no idea you CSed Shiki; where can I find her? Is her currently implemented at KoopaKoot's Shiki? I'd be interested in the sheet with the CS applied to it(those strange colours we work with :P ), since the whole character is no longer around there D:.

Thanks for your time, Corvus!
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:33:31 pm by FeLo_Llop