YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411860 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12181  July 08, 2018, 01:12:58 pm
    • Germany
Ranma has so many successors it's ridiculous so I'll go with To-LOVE-ru and Love Hina

You can also go with contemporaries like Tenchi Muyo

Tenchi Muyo sounds good, it has a right factor of absurdity I guess, and may characters capable of fighting, with Love Hina the only real fighters would be Motoko & and her Sister, and maybe some of the other characters with "Comedy Fighting Styles".

But I think it's hard to find something that is realy fitting with the Ranma universe. 
#12182  July 08, 2018, 02:40:06 pm
Thanks for the comments guys. We are still researching. What about Mr. Satan/Hercule from Dragonball Z. He seems to fit in well. After all he is a martial artist and he has a joke factor.
#12183  July 08, 2018, 04:22:34 pm
that would be cool , and his power level is probably on par with gendo or p-chan. he's still strong for a human. plus dbz has time machine you could justify hercule being in ranma universe by accidentally time travelling or should i say multiverse travelling in their's.
#12184  July 08, 2018, 05:39:51 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the comments guys. We are still researching. What about Mr. Satan/Hercule from Dragonball Z. He seems to fit in well. After all he is a martial artist and he has a joke factor.

Mhh that could work, but the "Joke" with Mr. Satan is that he is "Super Weak" compared to characters that are so damn powerfull that they can level City's with "weak attacks", It would be interessting to see him fight someone like Ranma, his chances would be much better.^^
#12185  July 08, 2018, 06:52:33 pm
Indeed man. That's why he fits in Ranma's world. My main idea was to have a title vs title crossover but, I'll skip that for now. I will just have a Ranma game with 2 supportive guest characters. Seems logical.

Mr. Satan could be in for several reasons and it won't make his appereance useless. Now, I need to find a second guest and i'm set.

Thanks for the input guys.

That also makes me want to see a new Ranma Series.

Besides that anyone waiting for Attack On Titan Season 3?
#12186  July 08, 2018, 09:04:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
urusei yatsura almost crosses over with ranma,, considering that prototype ranma and prototype gen appear there.
#12187  July 09, 2018, 03:12:01 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
So I watched Endless Waltz and it basically did nothing except add a bunch of unecessarry details to characters and redesign their mobile suits for the worse.
Really good OST tho, Last Impression is fucking amazing.  Still feel dissapointed in Wing in general. Especially dissapointed since they just dropped Gundam Epyon (The best mobile suit design in the series mind you) for Tallgeese 3.

Also I started watching The Brave of Gold - Goldran and its incredibly entertaining.
For an example,the gang is searching Mount Fuji for a thing and they can't find it. Then one of the characters says "Maybe its on the OTHER Mt.Fuji"
Then the anime really quickly introduces a literal copy of Japan, called Japanasia,that also has Mt.Fuji, and has people still in the samurai era eating at McDonalds and going to the disco,with their princess being a crazy little girl that knows how to wield a shotgun.
Absolutely amazing. I'm 6 episodes in and the show is great so far, and the main antagonist Walther is incredibly entertaining and steals the spotlight whenever he's on the screen. The mechas look cool and so do the transformations, but unfortunately the battles all end the same as Goldran just does the Ittou Ryouzan Giri on everyone but I feel the show doesn't want to focus much on the fights as much as it wants on the comedy so its alright. Unless the show kicks me in the face midway and eats my biscuits I feel like it will be one of my favorites
Pitch me an Anime..
#12188  July 11, 2018, 05:46:21 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
What's up guys lately I've been checking out anime's I've never got around to like death note and Angel Beats (which were both great) and I'm looking for something new so can you guys suggest any that are similar to these two? My wife likes them as well but she's not a fan of dbz or gundam so don't bother with those. Thanks
#12189  July 11, 2018, 06:04:12 pm
Parasyte
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12190  July 12, 2018, 03:43:53 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I'll look into I've never heard of that I don't believe, thanks
#12191  July 12, 2018, 04:07:51 am
Not much to go on as far as  what your tastes are, but I could recommend Psycho-Pass based on the Death Note mention. It's a decent thriller. just don't bother with the second season.

You might want to check out From the New World as well. It a great sci-fi/psychic thriller when it gets going.
Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:11:00 am by LurkerSupreme
#12192  July 12, 2018, 05:42:24 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
First pictures of the Nicky Larson movie aka City Hunter

the movie is set for February 6 2019
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#12193  July 12, 2018, 05:58:06 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I have seen every single episode of City Hunter and I enjoyed it even though it got repetitive.

But what is with all the foreign live-action adaptations?

Oh yeah, Monster. My default general rec is always Monster.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12194  July 12, 2018, 12:02:07 pm
there's a korean live action version of city hunter , i dunno if it's true to the source i only saw it trailer years ago.
#12195  July 12, 2018, 03:30:57 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
LurkerSupreme thanks man I'll check those out as well
#12196  July 12, 2018, 05:16:34 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Indeed man. That's why he fits in Ranma's world. My main idea was to have a title vs title crossover but, I'll skip that for now. I will just have a Ranma game with 2 supportive guest characters. Seems logical.
Also, the series that crosses over the best with ranma, ihmo is kenichi; it's also weird martial arts + fanservice; all high school kids.
#12197  July 13, 2018, 10:58:47 pm
Thanks man. I'll stick with Mr. Satan (Dragon Ball Z) and Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho) for now.

bme

#12198  July 17, 2018, 01:47:15 am
    • Canada
I have a question to ask about DBZ and Fist of The North Star. Which anime do you think is better?
#12199  July 17, 2018, 02:00:05 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
"Better" is subjective, especially when it comes to shounen
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12200  July 17, 2018, 04:23:04 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
as bad as it did, dbz still aged better.