YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 751965 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#621  July 08, 2018, 09:17:35 pm
    • Barbados
.These are great....but i do see the problem, with P&M (minor-ish kinda bug but their still cool  can't wait to see them fixed)
.Can't wait till you can program so certain pokemon have moves the can actully learn or easier for them to learn. Basically correct moves..... If you want i can tell you them moves to give them which already exists in the game so you can switch them.
.Keep going
.Also for P&M could you make it so one of you is ranged and the other is physical  (meaning when you get the bug fixed and can if you can give them different move sets) like make P ranged and M physical cause M is able to do attacks more while P is stasis (or doing a ranged attack) if P does a physical it seems to (ocassionally) stop M from attacking as M is forced to follow/move....... or leave it the way it is and just see if you can fix M from moving during P's attack as P attacking during M's attack doesn't seem to cancel M's attack. Also M  needs stop attack even after winning/losing.
Or easy route stop M attacking after Winning/losing and P from duplicating during battle(the bug fixes).
Or link them as one character and make the attacks simply go twice (seems more fitting for a different kinda pokemon tho).
Just suggestions or thoughts to maybe help. :D
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:03:59 am by DimG
#622  July 09, 2018, 09:20:28 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
These are good suggestions, and i may use them in the future, but even getting M to work at all was a huge pain so i'm going to take a break from the character for a bit, but i will be adding to it soon hopefully.
#623  July 16, 2018, 02:35:06 pm
    • Israel
    • leonlivshits@yahoo.com
f you'll make a beta 4 with bigger roster and pvp and will release new pokemons weekly I'll donate 9 dollars every month, just make sure to link me the patreon I know it's not a lot but it's ment to motivate u
#624  July 16, 2018, 03:11:04 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hi All,

This is really the only time I'm going to make official mention of PCEA System B here because it's got very little to do with M.U.G.E.N at this point. When the time comes, I'll ask the mods about posting a link to the project here, but there's a good chance that I won't be able to due to it technically being off topic. Anyways, it's been a while since I was last able to really focus on anything GMS (GameMaker Studio) related, and since then the engine has been updated to version 2, which I have a valid license for now. Having that said, the old PCEA system I was working on isn't compatible with GMS 2, because it was originally written in GMS 1.4. It needs a proper conversion yet. I'm hoping that nothing gets lost, but I might have to rewrite the system.

In the end, the game will not be available here, but on GameJolt most likely. Thanks to @TxPot who's kept this project alive after I gave him the source two years ago. My, how times flies. Well, that's it for me, for now. If you have any questions about the GMS version of PCEA, PM me, as it is considered off-topic to this thread.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#625  July 16, 2018, 10:17:35 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
Woah, this topic ballooned quickly! After Garchompmatt/PlasmoidThunder posted, I didn't think anyone was interested, despite me still working on it. Thanks for the replies, I'll address them now:

Also, what are the plans for the next Pokemon to be added?

In the case that you meant everyone and not just TrinitroRoy, here are my plans:

*High Priority*
Goodra (Needs a ton of sprites)
Toxapex (Needs a ton of sprites)
Golurk (Needs a ton of sprites)
Torterra (20%, but needs a ton of sprites)

*Low Priority, may scrap altogether*
Aurorus
Buzzwole
Volcarona
Golisopod
Pyukumuku
Machamp
Chandelure

As you can see, I try to have a library of unique types of pokemon across the board. I even deviate a little from JoshR's spritework in the case of Ribombee/Toxapex because most of it is based on the portrait pictures.

EDIT: Also plz nerf Mist weather, you miss far too much and it makes Snorlax unbearable to fight
As it stands, it reduces your accuracy by 40%, to reflect being hit twice by an accuracy-reducing move. I like the idea of misty weather in general, but what would be a better setting for mist? Would it be okay if it was 25%, or what do you have in mind?

Also..... will versus mode comeback?
Versus mode was redundant at the time, and it was only removed simply to shorten the amount of "options" you can choose from, and thus reduce clutter of the title screen. In the same way as "Team arcade", I can make Versus mode be the same in that you can select between Single, Simul, and Turns mode, though the screen will suffer as I would have to squeeze it in somehow.

However, progress is currently halted since last time I heard, Project Catch 'Em All is still on hiatus.
In other words, I'm literally just waiting for work on this project to be picked up again.

Project Catch 'Em All is now slowly picking up, thanks to all of you! You can still create for this, TrinitroRoy. I haven't stopped working on this, though my ideas for this is starting to run out...

Sure DimG, heres the download link to Squirtle and my other characters
(These are still WIP as none of them have alternate palletes and one of them still has a few bugs)

Some feedback for your characters:

*Sharpedo*

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

*Dunsparce*

*Pichu*

*Plusle and Minun*

I like the idea of it, but as it stands, they're broken because Minun attacks independently of the player, regardless of intros and when the battle starts. I honestly thought you would have the sprites be joined up, so it seems that they're attacking in tandem to show their similar fighting style.

f you'll make a beta 4 with bigger roster and pvp and will release new pokemons weekly I'll donate 9 dollars every month, just make sure to link me the patreon I know it's not a lot but it's ment to motivate u

Though I can't do Patreon as that is physically demanding to both me and my internet, I'll happily let you donate to my Paypal if you want, as a sign that I'm actually doing something good for the community. It may seem a bit iffy, but at least it's something.
Player VS Player can only be done on a M.U.G.E.N clone with online capabilities. I won't go into that yet. I want to be sure that everything is okay here before committing to online gameplay.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:17:12 pm by Txpot
#626  July 17, 2018, 07:17:34 pm
    • Israel
    • leonlivshits@yahoo.com
i have a bit of a problem with paypal ... patreon is the best way for me to donate ... if there is a way just send me the link and i'll donate instantly
#627  July 19, 2018, 04:14:48 pm
    • Barbados
I wouldnt mind the return of versus mode. I would download it and those who dont wantthe cluster just dont have to download it.
#628  July 19, 2018, 08:51:28 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Really glad to hear that this project is still alive in some form. I think it's pretty fun, still play the beta's sometimes.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#629  July 21, 2018, 03:31:30 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Wow, that is a lot to take in. I am looking forward to Azumarill and Golurk the most, the other Pokemon seem cool too. I also would be happy for the return of a vs. mode. Also in terms of the characters that are low priority and may be scrapped, plz don't scrap Pyukumuku. Not only is it one of my fave Pokemon but it could also make for a really unique character due to its kind of passive nature and unorthodox way of battling in the games.

Thanks for the feedback as well, i'm probably going to fix these characters once i learn how to add palettes (Also yes Pichu damaging itself is a reference to Smash Bros.). The system of Minun attacking independantly was kind of a last ditch effort after my attemtps at making them attack in tandem whilst remaining separate didn't work, but i rushed it and now there is a lot of problems.

Once i fix up Sharpedo, Dunsparce and Pichu (and Squirtle in terms of palettes) i am going to try and re-attempt my original idea, which is to have Minun attacking at the same time but with a slight delay (they are separate because they kind of suck individually stat wise, and i thought it would be more interesting), However if i am still unable to figure out how to make this work i will just polish up the current system (So Minun won't attack during intro and victory, and so that its timer isn't reset by Plusle moving). Also I was thinking maybe around 33% for mist missing, so it isn't too low, but isn't frustrating to battle in.
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:36:38 pm by Jake Phillips
#630  July 21, 2018, 06:26:25 pm
    • UK
I also would be happy for the return of a vs. mode. Also in terms of the characters that are low priority and may be scrapped, plz don't scrap Pyukumuku. Not only is it one of my fave Pokemon but it could also make for a really unique character due to its kind of passive nature and unorthodox way of battling in the games.

Alright, Versus Mode will stay in. As for Pyukumuku, he's interesting enough that I won't scrap him, but making moves for him will be challenging. On the bright side, if I make him fun to play with despite his shortcomings, Wobbuffet will be easy to make as well!

Thanks for the feedback as well, i'm probably going to fix these characters once i learn how to add palettes (Also yes Pichu damaging itself is a reference to Smash Bros.).

Don't worry about the palettes too much. In the worst case, I can create the palettes for you after you've finalised the character, though whether you want more than three colours or not depends on personal preferences.

Also I was thinking maybe around 33% for mist missing, so it isn't too low, but isn't frustrating to battle in.

I decided on a compromise with your suggestion and the Mist's Accuracy Reduction by setting it to 30%. Therefore, a 100% accurate move will now be reduced to 70% accuracy.

Since I have a lot of free variables, I decided to try and implement Stat Reductions. If I can get it to work without too much hassle on both the user creating their own and the system frame rate dropping, it will be a huge milestone and will be part of Beta 4, among a bunch of bug fixes and updates.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#631  July 23, 2018, 01:06:50 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Alright once i get a bit of free time, Sharpedo is my first priority for fixing up since it seems to be the most problematic (other than Plusle / Minun). I have also created a two palettes for it which would make 4 total with the original and shiny versions, they will be below. Let me know what you think, I personally like them both but am willing to change them.

Also stat reductions would be pretty cool if you can get them working, looking forward to seeing progress on that front.
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:10:40 am by Jake Phillips
#632  July 23, 2018, 02:24:27 am
    • UK
I have also created a two palettes for it which would make 4 total with the original and shiny versions, they will be below. Let me know what you think, I personally like them both but am willing to change them.

The palettes are okay, though I prefer the Camerupt one simply because of the "vivid-ness" of the colours.

Also stat reductions would be pretty cool if you can get them working, looking forward to seeing progress on that front.

Currently, Attack/Special Attack and Defence/Special Defence is implemented. As a preview as to what to expect, an explanation of the stats in this game:

• Both kinds of attack and defence stats, and the Accuracy stat, will follow the original main-line games of stat reductions.
  • The Speed stat will directly influence the time it takes for the ATB bar to fill to maximum, up to 50% increase/decrease at maximum/minimum speed. Imagine Diancie's Rock Polish as it is in this game, except it's being applied to everyone.
  • The Evasion stat is the only one that's hard to implement. Instead of a set percentage, it is increased/decreased as a whole number. As the number can't go below 1 because it causes accuracy problems, and everyone starts at 3 to Evasion, it means that the reductions can't go below two reductions to Evasion. Meanwhile, an attack that is 30% accurate will be 90% accurate on an opponent with 1 Evasion.

#633  August 06, 2018, 12:49:39 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Sorry it took so long to respond, i've been pretty busy and also been setting up my new computer. I was also originally hoping to release the updated versions of each character together but Plusle/Minun is still far from completion, so instead i will just release them later. The updated versions of Pichu, Sharpedo and Dunsparce can be found below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7m50xej6vkv76

In the spoiler below is the changelog

As for Plusle/Minun, they have a long way to go to be 100% complete, but I may release a much less buggy version in the near future.
#634  August 13, 2018, 10:40:14 pm
    • UK
The updated versions of Pichu, Sharpedo and Dunsparce can be found below:

Feedback for your characters:

*Sharpedo*

1. Though you did add extra frames in its standing and moving animation, its animation frames are 0-1-2-1-0 (or 3-4-5-4-3 in the case of moving), which looks bad since it causes Sharpedo to shake its head continuously, as if on a vicious cycle of saying no to something. You should set the animation to 0-1-0-2-0 (or 3-4-3-5-3 in the case of moving) for a smoother transition.

2. Icy wind is a bit worse than before. Though you did follow what I said regarding damage, Sharpedo coughing up a single cloud of mist is rather lackluster. I would suggest you increase the number of projectiles just to get that "windy" effect, like you did before this update, but ignore this if that's a personal preference.

3. Aqua Jet's "Aqua Effect" helper disengages from the player as soon as the player stops to attack the opponent. I suggest you make the move a full-screen ramming attack instead, since the "stop and bite" attack is in Night Slash already.
a. The helper never disappears from the field; have enough of them, and you won't be able to use any helpers anymore! Put a "DestroySelf" state in the helper's statedef and adjust it so that it disappears after the main part of the attack ends.
b. When attacking, the collision shrinks down to a smaller size instead of the new size you gave it.
c. The sounds are wrong for the attack itself; Charging forwards is an "attack swoosh", while the actual hit is a "weapon swoosh".

*Dunsparce*

1. Strength takes forever to attack, simply because its animation and moving time is too long. You need to speed it all up, since it's very unreliable as-is.

2. I know you're using effects from other characters, but Ice Beam needs a fitting effect for it. The icicles simply don't work for it. You may need to look at other characters or games outside of this project for effects.

*Pichu*

1. Only the standing, moving, and hurt animations have the fixed collisions; every other animation switches back to the original ones, including the attack collisions.

#635  September 03, 2018, 02:48:33 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Wow, its been a while since i replied. I've been on holiday then to come back to trying to set up my new computer, transfer all my files across and then re-download games on steam and stuff. I will resume work on my characters soon.
#636  October 19, 2018, 06:21:09 pm
    • Barbados
Can't wait to see if anyone has any new mons?......
Its been a bit  ssince anyone has said anything
#637  October 25, 2018, 07:40:59 pm
    • UK
Project Catch-em All Beta 4

Hello everyone!

Here is Beta 4. It's not as big or influential as the previous version, but it's a big milestone since you can now program more moves into the game! Unfortunately, you'll have to re-download the entire game again, since ALL the Pokemon got updated...again...

Here's a quick list as to what is added:

Read the CHARACTER INFO.txt and Developer Reference.txt files for details.

Screenshots:

The previous Mediafire link should be updated with the game, but in the case you've missed it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ctqzewhzc5bykcc/Pokemon_Project_Catch_em_All.rar

Don't bother with the "Update" file; that file is now useless since everything it added to the game as a quick-fix is already added.

Short list of System Changes:

Can't wait to see if anyone has any new mons?......
Its been a bit  ssince anyone has said anything

Sorry this took so long, everyone. I'll start working on the backlog of my Pokemon now. Maybe I can implement the ability to use items during battle before the end of the year.

I've had a thought. Some attacks implemented in this game can affect your own teammate in the real games. For example, Surf can hit your own ally, as well as all enemies. Though this may be detrimental as a whole, it could implement a form of team synergy, especially with Abilities turned on (Lapras healing Vaporeon with Surf, for example). Assuming it can be implemented, should this be implemented at all, or should I leave it as-is?

In addition, Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness had Shadow Pokemon that could be implemented into the game. Their moveset is filled with shadow moves, which are super effective on non-shadow Pokemon and resisted by other shadow Pokemon, and shadow Pokemon start with a 50% speed boost (probably 1 level speed) in battle. What does everyone think of this? Should this be implemented at all?

#638  October 27, 2018, 11:56:08 pm
    • Barbados
Yeah, its pretty cool, glad for the update
#639  November 03, 2018, 04:51:35 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
I don't really know how to say this, but i may have forgotten about my characters and stuff after i got a new PC. it wasn't until just now i remembered about all this. I've started uni now so idk when i will be able to work on my characters, but i'll let you know if and when i make any progress. Also, the new beta is great and the new characters are pretty fun,and it would be cool to add in moves like surf hurting (or healing) your partner. Shadow Pokemon are also a good idea, i remember seeing a shadow lugia for an older release of this, maybe you could implement it as a boss too?

Also once again i don't know when i will get time to work on this between assignments but i've got a few plans for new character. Whether these come into existance or not is another thing but i have got a few more ideas.
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:26:30 am by Jake Phillips
#640  November 03, 2018, 07:52:56 pm
    • UK
I don't really know how to say this, but i may have forgotten about my characters and stuff after i got a new PC. it wasn't until just now i remembered about all this. I've started uni now so idk when i will be able to work on my characters, but i'll let you know if and when i make any progress. Also, the new beta is great and the new characters are pretty fun,and it would be cool to add in moves like surf hurting (or healing) your partner.

Also once again i don't know when i will get time to work on this between assignments but i've got a few plans for new character. Whether these come into existance or not is another thing but i have got a few more ideas.

Don't worry about it. This project isn't going anywhere, so do what you have to do.

Progress-wise, I've just tested Lapras' Surf on a couple of things:
  • When with a Water Absorb user as an ally, it doesn't heal the ally at all. I can only assume its to do with the code within the Water Absorb character itself, not of the attacker.
  • Interestingly, if the type is changed to Grass, and then used with Azumarill's Sap Sipper as an ally, it activates Sap Sipper properly.
In both of those examples, its the code within the character itself that influences whether characters' Abilities work properly. I'll have to try and re-code Water Absorb, but I need to find out what's wrong with it. Otherwise, hitting your ally is very doable indeed.