YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522451 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2221  July 10, 2018, 02:48:30 pm
Yes, that makes him no more canon than the movie.
And the movie synopsis mentions that Goku and Vegeta will meet this new Broly for the first time, so the old movie are definitely non canon.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2222  July 10, 2018, 04:57:08 pm
    • Germany
Mhhh now we can get a classic Movie version and a canon Movie version of Broly for our games. ö.ö
#2223  July 10, 2018, 05:19:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Don't worry, the first arc of the new tv season will be a remake fo the broli movie.
#2224  July 10, 2018, 05:54:24 pm
Hmmmm... Actually, it wouldn't be far fetched, the manga is still struggling to catch up even though it's going as fast as it can, and I don't see Toyotaro missing the chance to do the Broly movie in the manga, so the anime could easily waste time redoing it. Of course the anime could just wait a few more months before resuming but I don't know if they would.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2225  July 12, 2018, 02:09:32 pm
    • Germany
What I want to know is how they will explain where this version of Broly is comming from, if he is a Universe 7 Saiyan like in his original movies, then that would make Shin look even more incompetent, because he was not able to find him in his search for strong warriors for the Tournament of Power, unless Broly was in some kind of stasis or something.^^
#2226  July 12, 2018, 03:05:13 pm
Did they even mention that anyone looked in places that weren't Earth ? I don't remember that they bothered, since Goku just knew enough people and they figured anyone strong would have been in Freeza's army and Earth wiped out those guys (Beerus did blame team Earth for that IIRC).
So far I figure that Broly is U7's LSSJ and Kale is U6's.
#2227  July 12, 2018, 04:49:13 pm
and they don't have the time to look for them , or even if they would agree to help.

but because this is dragon ball and it's toriyama who's gonna write that movie expect a half ass explanation ,  i'm more concerned that are they gonna introduce broly in the movie then kill him off? or will he be a recurring villain.
#2228  July 12, 2018, 08:21:44 pm
I'm hoping he sticks around. I mean, the movies kept killing him then trying to find ways to bring him back and the games keep throwing him out there with no justification, might as well give everyone a reason to keep bringing him back, we know people love him. When Resurrection F killed Freeza I thought it was stupid to bring him back with a new power up only to kill him off, but then Super picked him out of Hell for a bargain and then revived him. So in hindsight, it makes sense that they had to kill him when he attacked Earth, he wasn't going to accept his loss and walk away, if they were going to fully revive him anyway after doing the usual "uneasy alliance" trope. At least Freeza is still a villain, unlike how quickly Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, the androids jumped ship.
Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:26:39 pm by Byakko
#2229  July 12, 2018, 11:02:04 pm
    • Germany
Did they even mention that anyone looked in places that weren't Earth ? I don't remember that they bothered, since Goku just knew enough people and they figured anyone strong would have been in Freeza's army and Earth wiped out those guys (Beerus did blame team Earth for that IIRC).
So far I figure that Broly is U7's LSSJ and Kale is U6's.

If I remeber it right they just recruited people on Earth because Shin Could not find any other strong fighters in universe 7 because threre where just 20 or so planets with life on it in the entire Universe 7 left, that makes me wondering what the hell happend there.
#2230  July 12, 2018, 11:18:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Freezer and his army destroying planets; dunno if zamasu also had something to do with that.
#2231  July 13, 2018, 01:05:50 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I don't think Zamasu did anything in the main continuity, since he was still in U10 with Gowasu when Beerus nipped that problem in the bud.
#2232  July 13, 2018, 02:32:39 am
Checking out the manga, when they start discussing who's strong, Shin just says there's 28 planets with people (humans, civilization, whatever, although I doubt they make the distinction) on it, but he never checked them for power levels, and Whys just says to pick from the people they already know. So they don't actually bother looking around. We still don't actually know if there are stronger people in U7 :P
Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:38:28 am by Byakko
#2233  July 13, 2018, 03:44:46 pm
    • Germany
Checking out the manga, when they start discussing who's strong, Shin just says there's 28 planets with people (humans, civilization, whatever, although I doubt they make the distinction) on it, but he never checked them for power levels, and Whys just says to pick from the people they already know. So they don't actually bother looking around. We still don't actually know if there are stronger people in U7 :P

Ok I think he actually checked in the Anime, but I would have to rewatch it to be sure.
#2234  July 13, 2018, 11:09:40 pm
It was first Frieza's revival and now Broly. Frieza even got the golden form after being revived. I wonder what Broly will get. Actually, I hope Gohan get's a new form aswell. Even Future Trunks got a new form in the series.
Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:13:53 pm by Omega
#2235  July 13, 2018, 11:42:45 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I hope not,Gohans got Elder Kai Ritual which lets him get strong without transformation,a new transformation sounds meh,just get that dude to train
#2236  July 14, 2018, 12:20:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Gohan will get a get-off-your-fucking-ass-and-train form
#2237  July 14, 2018, 01:04:56 am
Broly is green, that's all.
#2238  July 14, 2018, 09:48:31 am
    • Germany
#2239  July 14, 2018, 01:43:10 pm
maximum green.
#2240  July 14, 2018, 03:38:19 pm
    • Germany
maximum green.

Maximum Overgreen. Ö_Ö

btw. there where some low qualitiy pics of the new Broly, seems like even the Red Parts of his lower cloths are also Green now, atleast classic and new Broly will be easier to distinguish that way.