YesNoOk

The King Of Fighters: Destiny (Android) Graphics Rip (Read 125982 times)

Started by The 100 Mega Shock!, February 11, 2018, 03:45:36 pm
Share this topic:
The King Of Fighters: Destiny (Android) Graphics Rip
#1  February 11, 2018, 03:45:36 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
So after seeing a video of the Chinese KOF Destiny Android game a couple of weeks ago and thought 'that looks really weird - I want to look for sprite rips from this'

The good news is that all the graphics are saved inside a zip file called 'assets.zip', stored in another folder called assets, saved as .DT0 files (or sometimes .PIC) which actually hold one of three different types of file -

ETC1 compressed textures used for the character sprites.
Normal PNG files for most other graphics.
Normal JPG files (for some reason, parts of stages and some interface graphics)

I wrote a python script to cut out the unwanted bytes at the start of each file that was preventing Windows from reading them (presumably header data the game uses) and save valid PNG/JPG/ETC1 files for all the graphics in the game (ETC1 files can be converted to PNG using a tool from the Android SDK).

What's interesting about this is that SNK / Tencent have decided to use Capcom VS SNK as the basis for their characters, and redrawn and reshaded them in higher resolution to reflect the current designs (like Terry's outfit from the series / Fatal Fury 3). Characters like Ryo and Joe who had completely different stance animations in CVS have had new sprites drawn based on their KOF animations in the same style, and other characters who weren't in CVS have had their 98 or XIII sprites redrawn. (There might also be new sprites for moves that weren't in CVS)

The color issues are because of quickly making these GIFs and not in the original sheets.

The game is also full of generic enemies - many animations are very clearly copied from other fighting game characters.

Some issues -

ETC1 is a lossy compression format, so all the character sprites have noticeable compression artificats. This is how they decided to store them in the game.
Characters idle/running frames are mostly drawn larger than the rest of their sprites and scaled-down in-game. The animation data is stored in another part of the app as XML data, and has a separate scale factor applied for each frame.
Some frames have texture 'bleed' around them. The bottom half of each sprite sheet is the alpha transparency, so try using that to cut out the sprites you need.

Download

Contains (hopefully) all of
  • Character sprites
  • Other character art/portraits
  • FX graphics
  • Enemies
  • Interface graphics
  • Stage art
  • Cutscene art

Taken from version 1.22 of the game, which I think is the most recent - please let me know if you find a newer version in the future.
Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:25:57 pm by The 100 Mega Shock!
Re: The King Of Fighters: Destiny (Android) Graphics Rip
#2  February 11, 2018, 03:55:39 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Your link is dead already.
#3  February 11, 2018, 04:12:19 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
lol
Reuploading to Google Drive right now
Should be fixed.
Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:27:05 pm by The 100 Mega Shock!
#4  February 11, 2018, 09:51:48 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Gotta love China's endless lust for copyright infringement. SNK's entire IP catalogue isn't enough, they had to plagiarize Capcom and Arc System Works.

9mb

#5  February 12, 2018, 11:09:03 am
cool  :mthumbs:
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#6  February 14, 2018, 12:25:08 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
For a bootleg the sprites look pretty incredible, these could go to great use. We even got some nice Orochi and Omega Rugal sprites. I'm certainly seeing a lot of cvs inspiration in these sprites like you said and also a bit of KOF13, odd. The effects also look gorgeous. This is certainly a rare find. Great job!
#7  May 28, 2018, 03:30:29 pm
    • Japan
#8  May 29, 2018, 06:42:10 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
how do you extract the files from a .DT0 file type?
#9  July 11, 2018, 04:03:34 pm
Taken from version 1.22 of the game, which I think is the most recent - please let me know if you find a newer version in the future.

Official version just released~
Here are some new adding for reference:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OWiP0CeIy_nwsOGkOCSZ8CjtoE8KaP9c/view?usp=sharing

Full version here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oi6SRfhMEtR0C31643kgO6y6NM0y2IyY

[/quote]

The game has received a new update with new characters and story. Also how does one open a .D10 file type?
#10  July 12, 2018, 04:37:40 pm
when i saw those sprites from kof destiny i saying this snk chance to make a solid come back if they used these sprites. was hoping to see a solid kof fighting game with these sprites! there awesome!
#11  July 15, 2018, 09:25:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
some designs are really nice!
Too bad a lot of the sprites are damages, not possible to use because of transparence problems or compression artefacts.
#12  July 27, 2018, 08:57:37 pm
    • Brazil
Can you rip sprites from KOF '98 UM OL?
#13  July 28, 2018, 12:41:18 am
    • Chile
    • http://www.mugenteammexico.com/forum
thanks
#14  July 21, 2020, 05:01:25 pm
  • Sh*tty characters must die.
  • AMT
    • Turkey
Pretty good rip not gonna lie. Link is still up too.
By the way, do you know how to manage to KOF Destiny files? I've been looking for voice rips on Bluestacks but I can't seem to locate where the files are. Need some help.
#15  August 11, 2020, 04:20:06 pm
The animation data is stored in another part of the app as XML data, and has a separate scale factor applied for each frame.

Do you remember where you found these XML files? The only XML files I can find among game assets are related to UI graphics. I'm finding a lot of dt1 files with "menc" in their header in "anim\mc\" which looks to be related to character animations but they're all encrypted and/or compressed.

Pretty good rip not gonna lie. Link is still up too.
By the way, do you know how to manage to KOF Destiny files? I've been looking for voice rips on Bluestacks but I can't seem to locate where the files are. Need some help.
What I did was extract the APK manually (it's literally a ZIP file), and then I copied the patch files from the smart phone (search for "assets" and you should find a ton of ZIP files which act as patches to the game).
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:25:06 pm by FluffyQuack
#16  November 30, 2021, 11:55:06 pm
    • USA
Hello.  Hopefully this isn't a dead topic, but I have a request.  I would have PM'ed you in regards to this but I'm unable to do so.  Would it be possible for you to run a python script for Street Fighter: Duel?  It's another Tencent mobile game.  I've been trying to extract images like sprites and background images, however, I'm having the issue where Windows can not read the png files, presumably because of unwanted bytes.  Would be much appreciated.  Thanks for sharing btw.
#17  December 25, 2021, 03:45:36 am
    • Mexico
So after seeing a video of the Chinese KOF Destiny Android game a couple of weeks ago and thought 'that looks really weird - I want to look for sprite rips from this'

The good news is that all the graphics are saved inside a zip file called 'assets.zip', stored in another folder called assets, saved as .DT0 files (or sometimes .PIC) which actually hold one of three different types of file -

ETC1 compressed textures used for the character sprites.
Normal PNG files for most other graphics.
Normal JPG files (for some reason, parts of stages and some interface graphics)

I wrote a python script to cut out the unwanted bytes at the start of each file that was preventing Windows from reading them (presumably header data the game uses) and save valid PNG/JPG/ETC1 files for all the graphics in the game (ETC1 files can be converted to PNG using a tool from the Android SDK).

What's interesting about this is that SNK / Tencent have decided to use Capcom VS SNK as the basis for their characters, and redrawn and reshaded them in higher resolution to reflect the current designs (like Terry's outfit from the series / Fatal Fury 3). Characters like Ryo and Joe who had completely different stance animations in CVS have had new sprites drawn based on their KOF animations in the same style, and other characters who weren't in CVS have had their 98 or XIII sprites redrawn. (There might also be new sprites for moves that weren't in CVS)

The color issues are because of quickly making these GIFs and not in the original sheets.

The game is also full of generic enemies - many animations are very clearly copied from other fighting game characters.

Some issues -

ETC1 is a lossy compression format, so all the character sprites have noticeable compression artificats. This is how they decided to store them in the game.
Characters idle/running frames are mostly drawn larger than the rest of their sprites and scaled-down in-game. The animation data is stored in another part of the app as XML data, and has a separate scale factor applied for each frame.
Some frames have texture 'bleed' around them. The bottom half of each sprite sheet is the alpha transparency, so try using that to cut out the sprites you need.

Download

Contains (hopefully) all of
  • Character sprites
  • Other character art/portraits
  • FX graphics
  • Enemies
  • Interface graphics
  • Stage art
  • Cutscene art

Hi, could you tell me how to open the .dt0 files? please
#18  July 21, 2023, 09:06:13 pm
    • Brazil
Hello! Can anyone tell me where I can find the most up-to-date sprites in the game? I have a project on mugen focused on the sprites of this game (mainly FX) and I don't know how to extract the graphics from the cell phone.. can anyone help?