YesNoOk

Ingrid Released! (Updated 10/11/2018) (Read 20071 times)

Started by Yuko, September 02, 2018, 01:18:58 am
Share this topic:
Ingrid Released! (Updated 10/11/2018)
New #1  September 02, 2018, 01:18:58 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:32:58 pm by DeathScythe
Re: Ingrid Released!
#2  September 02, 2018, 01:38:10 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Gorgeous, i'm going to test her out for sure, thanks a bunch.
#3  September 02, 2018, 02:02:30 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

That was very quick on the release. Here's some feedback on her after doing some play testing:

-The command for the dash feels tight and I sometimes end up doing a short run instead when I tap the forward key twice.
-If the opponent walks straight to Ingrid while she's doing Sun Upper, Sun Lower or Sun Delta, the effect doesn't move alongside her.
-Why does her forward standing MK knocks down the opponent to the ground? I don't think a kick like that is strong enough to do that.
-Her Sun Drive super is missing.

Will update if I find more. Love the hi-res effects. Even though Ingrid already exists, this one stays more true to PotS style and I'm impressed what you done to her. Great job.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  September 02, 2018, 04:29:43 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
After working a lot on her lately, there she is. Notice that I still need to finish minor stuff, like color separation and special intros. Otherwise, she is mostly complete, with everything from CFE and SFA3.

As always, screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I was going to make a video but my "lagtop" didn't allow it. lol

Download:
http://deathscythe.co.vu > characters

I hope you guys like it.
Now, time for feedback :sugoi:
What's the difference between this Ingrid and Ingrid made by Sennou_Room?
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
#5  September 02, 2018, 08:15:02 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

I hope you like it, thank you for commenting and downloading.

That was very quick on the release. Here's some feedback on her after doing some play testing:

-The command for the dash feels tight and I sometimes end up doing a short run instead when I tap the forward key twice.
-If the opponent walks straight to Ingrid while she's doing Sun Upper, Sun Lower or Sun Delta, the effect doesn't move alongside her.
-Why does her forward standing MK knocks down the opponent to the ground? I don't think a kick like that is strong enough to do that.

Will update if I find more. Love the hi-res effects. Even though Ingrid already exists, this one stays more true to PotS style and I'm impressed what you done to her. Great job.

- I'll adjust it
- Will be fixed
- Well, this move acts different in each game. In CFE, the opponent isn't knocked, while in SFA3 it is. I based primarily on the SFA3 version (since she has more moves there), so I made it act like in SFA3, knocking the opponent to the ground.
- What move is this?? I don't remember a fourth super move when playing with her in both games... also I just searched her movelist and I don't see this move (?)

Thanks for the feedback and comments!

I've never played his version, but from what I can tell, my Ingrid doesn't have a combo system like his, mine is more close to a CvS system (like PotS/Jmorph/DivineWolf chars), while his is more like an Infinite style (with the combo / air combo stuff). Also, my Ingrid has hi-res effects and you can choose between Custom Combo or MAX Mode.
#6  September 02, 2018, 08:55:15 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Sun Drive isn't a move Ingrid actually has, I think it's just a move in Sennou's Ingrid. Not a bad character all around, but a few notes of feedback and suggestions.

- Her standing HK doesn't move her forward like it should in Alpha 3 MAX.
- In Alpha 3 MAX, the Level 3 version of Sun Shine spins five times before the kick and Sun Arch. Not sure if you having her spin four times instead was intentional, but I felt like it wouldn't hurt to point it out.
- Both versions of Sun Burst feel very same-y, no real difference other than the damage it does. It would probably be better to have the button pressed for the level 1 variation determine how far the bubble can actually travel before exploding [LP exploding closer to Ingrid, MP being around the middle and HP exploding near the other side of the screen.] Also, not sure if you'd be alright with this, but maybe base the MAX variation of Sun Burst sort of like a weaker version of Beximus' Sun Burst, just having multiple explosions that sort of bounce the opponent around before launching them away.

I'll definitely have to learn more Ingrid stuff as far as what she can do, but I'm enjoying what she's got so far.
#7  September 02, 2018, 09:03:34 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com

I hope you like it, thank you for commenting and downloading.

- I'll adjust it
- Will be fixed
- Well, this move acts different in each game. In CFE, the opponent isn't knocked, while in SFA3 it is. I based primarily on the SFA3 version (since she has more moves there), so I made it act like in SFA3, knocking the opponent to the ground.
- What move is this?? I don't remember a fourth super move when playing with her in both games... also I just searched her movelist and I don't see this move (?)

Thanks for the feedback and comments!

I've never played his version, but from what I can tell, my Ingrid doesn't have a combo system like his, mine is more close to a CvS system (like PotS/Jmorph/DivineWolf chars), while his is more like an Infinite style (with the combo / air combo stuff). Also, my Ingrid has hi-res effects and you can choose between Custom Combo or MAX Mode.

Good job ! What your plans for the future ? You have some char in mind?
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
#8  September 02, 2018, 09:06:45 am
    • USA

-I see. I haven't played SFA3 Max in a while, so I forgot it behaves like that.
-I actually made an error regarding the super. Before your Ingrid, I was too used to playing with Sennou-Room's one, so I thought it was missing a super. I tried CrazyKoopa's again and turns out his didn't have that super either. Guess it was a custom move exclusively on Sennou's.

I also didn't mention that the Sun Rise on Sennou-Room's Ingrid can behave differently with the last hit because I know for sure that's custom as well.

Sun Drive isn't a move Ingrid actually has, I think it's just a move in Sennou's Ingrid.
I actually found that out way later after I posted my feedback. A complete error on my part. :P
#9  September 02, 2018, 09:41:27 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
- Her standing HK doesn't move her forward like it should in Alpha 3 MAX.
- In Alpha 3 MAX, the Level 3 version of Sun Shine spins five times before the kick and Sun Arch. Not sure if you having her spin four times instead was intentional, but I felt like it wouldn't hurt to point it out.
- Both versions of Sun Burst feel very same-y, no real difference other than the damage it does. It would probably be better to have the button pressed for the level 1 variation determine how far the bubble can actually travel before exploding [LP exploding closer to Ingrid, MP being around the middle and HP exploding near the other side of the screen.] Also, not sure if you'd be alright with this, but maybe base the MAX variation of Sun Burst sort of like a weaker version of Beximus' Sun Burst, just having multiple explosions that sort of bounce the opponent around before launching them away.

- Oops, my bad, I'll change it in the next upadate.
- I guess when making this move I looked at the lv2 version for some reason and counted it wrong. Will be changed as well.
- I'll see what I can do about this. After playing with Ingrid in CFE, I noticed that the bubble works exactly like you said, with LP exploding early, MP in the middle, and HP near the other side, although the damage is basically the same. I'll change this for sure. And about the MAX version, I'll have to check how Beximus made it.

Thank you for the feedback!

Good job ! What your plans for the future ? You have some char in mind?

Thanks! I have chars in mind, I usually keep quiet about my WIPs because I feel that people will be asking "where is (char name)? have you finished it already?" all the time xD
And it's hard to pick a character that doesn't exist in PotS style yet. I was going for Vega (claw) but dropped the idea, I saw that other authors want to make him as well, so instead of making him myself I offered my help, like a colab. And for now I think I'll take a break. lol
#10  September 02, 2018, 10:41:45 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Awesome! I'll be testing her later.

Ps: have u thought in Mina(samurai shodown)? Viofitz converted her sprites into CvS and no one has coded her.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#11  September 02, 2018, 01:36:52 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Nice one felo! In fact it is a beauy conversion!
#12  September 02, 2018, 01:54:38 pm
    • Morocco
Not a big fan of ingrid but i can see its a solid creation.Good Job
#13  September 02, 2018, 03:21:38 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Awesome! I'll be testing her later.

Ps: have u thought in Mina(samurai shodown)? Viofitz converted her sprites into CvS and no one has coded her.

Thanks, I hope you like it :sugoi:
I have not played much SS to be honest, so I don't know much about the characters. I'll check it later and... who knows? :P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, forgot to mention, I'll add some envshake in her special moves in the next update. I thought it was present only in supers but after playing with PotS' and Jmorph's chars I noticed they are present in specials too.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
#14  September 02, 2018, 11:35:55 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
New update. Changelog:

- Slightly increased the time to wait before changing from 'dash' to 'run' animation
- Changed her dash to go slightly further
- Fixed effects not following Ingrid when she moves
- Added envshake to special attacks
- Added anim for Midnight Bliss (CFJ version)
- Added sliding sound for Little Lag
- Standing Heavy Kick now moves Ingrid forward, like in SFA3MAX
- MAX Sunshine now spins 5 times, like in SFA3MAX (overall damage is still the same)
- Sunburst will now explode depending on the button you press (LP = near, MP = middle, HP = far)
- MAX Sunburst now follow the opponent, like EX Sunshot

Thanks again SolidZone 26 and Project.13 for the feedback, is really appreciated.
Also, I took a look at Beximus' Ingrid, I didn't like how Sunburst behaves in his version. Instead I made the MAX version slightly follow the opponent.
Download link is the same.

----------
Edit: I just noticed a "bug". When playing in the arcade mode, if you win a round using Sun Delta, Ingrid will always use her special winpose (which should be used only when winning using Sun Delta) in the next fights. Not a big problem, I'll fix soon.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:38:38 am by DeathScythe
#15  September 03, 2018, 12:35:58 pm
    • USA

Since you plan to fix a bug, I found a few more minor issues:

-After a few matches, I feel like the time on the red hitbox for Sun Upper and Sun Lower is too quick. I keep getting hit and the move tends to fail quite a bit. For some reason, that never happens with Sennou-Room's Ingrid for me.
-Can you also make her voice cut off during her taunt if she got hit? It sounds weird when her voice clips continue playing after she got hit.

That's it for now.

Edit: I found out why on the first minor issue after looking in Fighter Factory. The 2nd frame with the red hitbox on your Ingrid has 15 ticks and next frame without it has 16. Sennou's has 17 ticks and 14 on the frame without it. Those ticks actually made a difference on why the move keeps failing.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:00:12 pm by SolidZone 26
#16  September 03, 2018, 01:05:56 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
-After a few matches, I feel like the time on the red hitbox for Sun Upper and Sun Lower is too quick. I keep getting hit and the move tends to fail quite a bit. For some reason, that never happens with Sennou-Room's Ingrid for me.
-Can you also make her voice cut off during her taunt if she got hit? It sounds weird when her voice clips continue playing after she got hit.

Ok, I will fix these 2 issues. Thank you again for the feedback.

Edit: all of them fixed.

Fixed voice not cutting if hit during taunt (for some reason, voice channel was 1 instead of 0, changing it to 0 did the job)
Increased time for Sun Upper and Sun Lower to connect
Fixed issue with winpose when winning using Sun Delta

I'm planning on making a video to add to the first post, and then, I'll work on the Color Separation. I also need to work a bit on my R. Mika, she has the same issue with the winpose, and I got some interesting things to add to her, aside from small fixes.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:41:03 pm by DeathScythe
#17  September 03, 2018, 07:54:01 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
Nice job, like your R Mika's one. I have just one question : we don't have the possibility to choose pals order, it's because of color separation, right ?
#18  September 03, 2018, 09:07:41 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Nice job, like your R Mika's one. I have just one question : we don't have the possibility to choose pals order, it's because of color separation, right ?

Thank you :sugoi:
I don't know if I understand what you meant.... but palettes are all in the character SFF, and you can choose what palette you want opening the def file.

[Palette Keymap]
a = 4
b = 5
c = 6
x = 1
y = 2
z = 3
a2 = 10
b2 = 11
c2 = 12
x2 = 7
y2 = 8
z2 = 9

I've made 12 palettes for her, palette 1 is the default, if you want to use another palette, modify the numbers here. Also, you can open the character in FF3 to see what the palettes look like.

I have not made the color separation yet, but when I do I'll include a folder for the palettes and instructions on how to modify the palettes in the ReadMe.
#19  September 04, 2018, 02:00:37 am
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
Thanks for the answer, it is good for me :)
#20  September 09, 2018, 03:15:44 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20