YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486389 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: All Chars Update(2018): "Mai" Wife
#141  September 25, 2018, 06:58:09 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
^She doesn't have any...? Sorry I missed this reply. I suppose so? I guess I never got around to finding any for her? I think all of her quotes are character specific. If that is the case, I can't use them.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about Yuka's series, so if she has no quotes available, then I can understand. Keep up the great work!
#142  September 26, 2018, 02:08:55 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Mai has been updated, along with everyone else up to this point. I added a new system update:

-EX moves during Max Mode efficiency increased

What that means is now, performing a EX moves during Max Mode will drain a 1/3 of the time, instead of 1/2. I also gave KFM some noteworthy changes aside from the system update. PLEASE refer to everyone's respective ReadMes to avoid asking questions answered there. Morrigan will be next

So, I gotta redownload everyone before Mai for their new updates?  Eh well, it's for science, then ^..^

Seriously, though, it's good that you're actively keeping everyone you've made pretty consistent with one another.
#143  September 26, 2018, 05:08:57 am
I tested your latest Gouki, now he felt difficult to use compared to the previous version like sometime his Asura Senkuu can perform other Ex moves and also, his Kongou Kokuretsu Zan is nowhere to be found  o_O

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#144  September 26, 2018, 05:47:14 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I tested your latest Gouki, now he felt difficult to use compared to the previous version like sometime his Asura Senkuu can perform other Ex moves and also, his Kongou Kokuretsu Zan is nowhere to be found  o_O

He seems to be fine on my end, and I have a faulty keyboard ^..^;;; maybe your keyboard doesn't allow more than 3 buttons pushed at the same time?  It happens to me when I use Chazzanova's Ash Crimson.  And Kongou Kokuretsu Zan is in there (D, D, D, + 2P).
#145  September 26, 2018, 07:36:49 am
    • UK
^She doesn't have any...? Sorry I missed this reply. I suppose so? I guess I never got around to finding any for her? I think all of her quotes are character specific. If that is the case, I can't use them.

Mai has been updated, along with everyone else up to this point. I added a new system update:

-EX moves during Max Mode efficiency increased

What that means is now, performing a EX moves during Max Mode will drain a 1/3 of the time, instead of 1/2. I also gave KFM some noteworthy changes aside from the system update. PLEASE refer to everyone's respective ReadMes to avoid asking questions answered there. Morrigan will be next

@Kamekaze:

Let me know if you can DL him from TM with no problems.

Okay I 100% respect all the hard work you put into all these characters you done over the years, but could you PLEASE find a way to make having to re-download each and every single one of your 20+ characters not be so damn tedious? I hope many will agree with me but it has become such a pain with having to go and download everyone all over again quite often after I already got them all set up them all in my mugen all because of brand new updates, whether minor or major. Why not have a alt option of a update patch that only contains the updated files of the characters that received such each time? Or maybe even a all-in-one character pack for those people who what to get them all at once? Would save a ton of hassle.

Again I fully respect your work and I have been a huge fan of your creations for about 4-5 years now. I really don't mean to sound like a salty whiner or anything and I apologise if my rant upsets you but somebody needed to bring this up at some point. Not everyone has the best internet in the world to go and download each character of yours individually every time they get updated, especially when its all of them like in this case.
To play or not to play: That is the question...

DW

#146  September 26, 2018, 03:11:05 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

He seems to be fine on my end, and I have a faulty keyboard ^..^;;; maybe your keyboard doesn't allow more than 3 buttons pushed at the same time?  It happens to me when I use Chazzanova's Ash Crimson.  And Kongou Kokuretsu Zan is in there (D, D, D, + 2P).

Indeed. I did not mess with anyone's commands up to this point with the recent update. It was simply a tweak to the Max Mode depletion for EX moves. Akuma commands are the same as before.

Wow...

Let me just say this; If it were  just a patch, it'd be something else you'd have to DL anyway. The SFFs are usually intact. So if you gave one of my chars like, custom portraits or something, you could just transfer that(edited SFF) over to the updated version. While I can sympathize with not having the best internet speeds and all, I gotta do me man. Lots of creators update their work in this fashion, it's just common place.

I've gotten this format to my ideal state now though. So this will be the last mass update. Believe it or not, I am thinking of people like you when I'm doing this. I'm pushing through procrastination and getting it all out the way for everyone. 21 characters. Believe me when I tell you redownloading something is far easier than having to update and tweak all this code. May be inconvenient, but it'll be worth it in the end. Put your faith in me. Believe in me. I'll lead you to the Promised Land. :wings:
#147  September 27, 2018, 04:51:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Okay I 100% respect all the hard work you put into all these characters you done over the years, but could you PLEASE find a way to make having to re-download each and every single one of your 20+ characters not be so damn tedious? I hope many will agree with me but it has become such a pain with having to go and download everyone all over again quite often after I already got them all set up them all in my mugen all because of brand new updates, whether minor or major. Why not have a alt option of a update patch that only contains the updated files of the characters that received such each time? Or maybe even a all-in-one character pack for those people who what to get them all at once? Would save a ton of hassle.

Again I fully respect your work and I have been a huge fan of your creations for about 4-5 years now. I really don't mean to sound like a salty whiner or anything and I apologise if my rant upsets you but somebody needed to bring this up at some point. Not everyone has the best internet in the world to go and download each character of yours individually every time they get updated, especially when its all of them like in this case.
Really? I do agree with you, but I think DW is nothing compared to RicePigeon. You should see how many times RicePigeon updates his Gensokyo Reloaded characters. He does it over 20 times per character and still does it now. I don't mind seeing updates, but not to the point they have to keep constantly doing it for the sake of balance or a small bug fix that was forgotten after a recent update.

If you have bad internet, why would you? You shouldn't be downloading them period. Mine hasn't been good for the past few days and I haven't got around posting anything here recently. And speaking about internet, I don't think a "all-in-one character pack" is a good idea either because if your internet goes down while you are downloading it, you would have to do it all over again. Wasting all that bandwidth all because you wanted save a ton of hassle.

Wow...

Let me just say this; If it were  just a patch, it'd be something else you'd have to DL anyway. The SFFs are usually intact. So if you gave one of my chars like, custom portraits or something, you could just transfer that(edited SFF) over to the updated version. While I can sympathize with not having the best internet speeds and all, I gotta do me man. Lots of creators update their work in this fashion, it's just common place.

I've gotten this format to my ideal state now though. So this will be the last mass update. Believe it or not, I am thinking of people like you when I'm doing this. I'm pushing through procrastination and getting it all out the way for everyone. 21 characters. Believe me when I tell you redownloading something is far easier than having to update and tweak all this code. May be inconvenient, but it'll be worth it in the end. Put your faith in me. Believe in me. I'll lead you to the Promised Land. :wings:
I remember bringing this up a few pages ago. I think it all depends on how updates are handled. For you, I don't see you pushing it too much and the way how you handle them is fine. I was originally worried at first, but after a few months that isn't the case anymore since I rarely see you update again after a major one unless there's feedback involved. So I do have faith in you, keep it up.

Also found a small minor issue on Kung Fu Girl. After the opponent gets tripped by a crouching high kick from KFG, the ground fx and sfx doesn't appear after they hit the ground. Hope you take a look at that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

DW

#148  September 27, 2018, 03:21:46 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
KFG's trip puts p2 into a custom state so that they can't recover before she does. Sagat has the same thing. I keep forgetting about that. I'll have to add Mugen's default system SFX and FX for the custom state. Thanks for the reminder.
#149  September 28, 2018, 06:29:44 am
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
i see Linn Kurosawa, Galford, & Sho Kamui in your future, D-Dubya. don't fight it, just let it happen XD

good hustle on knockin' these updates out, i'll be able to cop'em soon. btw, don't forget that Hiryu intro mofo, i wanna see that work [& that BGM, heh heh] in action. 1.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DW

#150  September 30, 2018, 10:05:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Is that char, Linn, the girl from (Capcom's)AvP? If so, and if she had a spriteset to work with(preferably CvS), I would work on her. I'd rather make Hanzo than Galford, though the challenge of implementing Puppy would be a welcome one. I'm not 100% sure who Sho is... The "Ryu" of Breakers Revenge? If so, I've thought about it, and Long as well. Though I refuse to make any more chars in this format, that don't have a CvS spriteset and/or aren't Capcom/SNK reps(at the very least affiliates). Don't bring up any old stuff, cause back then I was still going through a "experimental" phase. :P

Psylocke, Yuka, and KFG were experiments. KFM is my template. Tia I consider to be an SNK affiliate. As SNK published Breakers I believe. I also 100% intend to get a CvS set for Tia. After some other stuff that's being worked on... :ninja: I may even be inclined to commission CvS for pretty much every Capcom/SNK char I've made, that doesn't have one. At any rate, thanks for the support... Though, what intro are you talking about? I'm drawing a blank...

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Morrigan
#151  October 09, 2018, 01:18:58 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Morrigan has been updated. Next up is Poison. Just a side note, I updated/added the remainder of Lilith's pals to her current CS'd SFF. I also added a couple. I'll do the same for Morrigan in time, though I want to get these updates out the way first.
#152  October 09, 2018, 05:34:56 am
  • - Mugen & Ikemen Designer -
    • Argentina
Morrigan has been updated. Next up is Poison. Just a side note, I updated/added the remainder of Lilith's pals to her current CS'd SFF. I also added a couple. I'll do the same for Morrigan in time, though I want to get these updates out the way first.

Sorry i miss this post, what are the updates?
#153  October 09, 2018, 06:51:41 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Did you check the first post
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#154  October 09, 2018, 07:20:29 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
For Poison, I felt her sprites were a bit squashed (too MvC/CPS), so I made her slightly thinner with this:

xscale = .85
yscale = 1

Of course this is personal preference/opinion ^..^

DW

#155  October 09, 2018, 02:59:42 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Sorry i miss this post, what are the updates?

As Speed suggested, all of the details of the updates can be found in the OP.

For Poison, I felt her sprites were a bit squashed (too MvC/CPS), so I made her slightly thinner with this:

xscale = .85
yscale = 1

Of course this is personal preference/opinion ^..^

I can make some coding adjustments to accommodate scaling her, though I won't scale her by default. I'll leave that up to the user. I never really thought about it, though I will try it personally, to see how it looks.

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Poison
#156  October 12, 2018, 08:11:32 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Poison has been updated. Next up is Psylocke.
#157  October 14, 2018, 10:30:48 am
Thanks for all the updates DW.
#158  October 20, 2018, 04:12:28 pm
Sorry for the double post  but trying to do Mai's EX Fire tail thingy  D B any Punch after a low kick and a low punch is impossible you get the fan thing thats on her kicks,  she never does it in the heat of the action. You can get it to work in training with a stationary target trying it while fighting is a no go she either does the fan thing or does nothing and just sits there like a lemon. All of her other combos do work though.

As for Blair, canceling after the ex rapid kicks into the DF DF punch hyper seems random as hell.
When your trying to do it on the last ticks of the kick I mean.
Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:21:00 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#159  October 21, 2018, 08:44:07 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm not having any issue with Mai. Though all the same I tweaked the allowance cancel window from crouch LP/LK respectively. Along with moving (EX)Ryu En Bu(the flame tail move :P) higher in the CMD for more priority for it. Did multiple runs arcade, had no issues. It should be good for you now.

With Blair, the way it was coded was a bit lazy... I had to clean up a lot of her code. That cancel window is one that slipped through the cracks. I tightened it up, so it should feel more precise now. It was always set up that you can only cancel on movecontact, during the last(3rd) kick. Not the follow kicks(i.e "Second Step/finisher kicks), I mean the last kick from the initial Shoot Kick. You can't cancel during the first two kicks.

Thanks for the feedback.
#160  October 21, 2018, 11:07:04 pm
Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:41:16 pm by PeXXeR