YesNoOk

Dead or Alive 6 revealed (Read 133158 times)

Started by GTOAkira, June 08, 2018, 04:29:45 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dead or Alive 6 revealed
#101  September 30, 2018, 02:52:43 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I love that the arcade scene is still strong over there, it's a given for good fighters cause that's more data collection.
#102  September 30, 2018, 03:40:36 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
From what I just watched (Thanks XHominid for the videos), it looks like that the game play, at least, retains the feel from past games: Simple to pick up and learn, but hard to master.

Are they going to announce more characters in the future, because I kind of think this game is missing a few well known characters here (Bass and Tina come to mind...)
#103  September 30, 2018, 03:45:52 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
From what I just watched (Thanks XHominid for the videos), it looks like that the game play, at least, retains the feel from past games: Simple to pick up and learn, but hard to master.

Are they going to announce more characters in the future, because I kind of think this game is missing a few well known characters here (Bass and Tina come to mind...)

I feel like there is going to be the mainstays except the VF fighters and guests for obvious reasons. Other than that, this game should have the core Koei Tecmo fighters.
#104  September 30, 2018, 05:48:45 pm
    • USA
I agree... while it was nice to see Virtua Fighter characters in DoA5, I think sticking to the core cast and adding a few newcomers would be best for DoA6.
#105  September 30, 2018, 07:36:31 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Yeah, it's obvious they plan on announcing more at the DOA Festival in November and they are planning on having more character reveals between now and February with the only DLC(but still able to get from Pre-Orders) is Nyotengu and Phase-4.

I plan on adding in more videos(even some past ones) and more links to interviews from this point forth because the gameplay should be more acknowledged at this point.

I agree... while it was nice to see Virtua Fighter characters in DoA5, I think sticking to the core cast and adding a few newcomers would be best for DoA6.

Yeah if I remember the interview, they said they aren't focusing on guest characters at this very moment so DOA6 will most likely have no guest characters in the base game but they haven't completely taken that option away either so they can be DLC in the future.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#106  September 30, 2018, 07:45:01 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I wonder what guest characters will be in this game...
This is fate.
#107  September 30, 2018, 11:32:15 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
#108  October 01, 2018, 11:35:13 am
they did guest characters before so probably another virtua fighter or another snk character. would love to see hinako in a 3d game.
#109  October 01, 2018, 11:17:41 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I know that a lot of people are sick of guest characters, but without anything to help this game stand out, it would feel like a downgraded version of the last game , just like how MvCI was to MvC3, I guest the best next thing to do is to have all characters that ever showed up in the series returning + a lot of new faces.
#110  October 02, 2018, 12:16:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
without anything to help this game stand out, it would feel like a downgraded version of the last game

The thing is that the "censorship" thing was faked by news sites because there is otherwise nothign to talk about in this game, no new game modes, no big leap in graphics; by playing the censorship angles they got some clicks at least.
#111  October 02, 2018, 01:18:28 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Honestly, you could say the same about most fighting games released in this gen, smaller roster, slightly improved graphics and less game modes.
Lasagna
#112  October 02, 2018, 04:39:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
without anything to help this game stand out, it would feel like a downgraded version of the last game

The thing is that the "censorship" thing was faked by news sites because there is otherwise nothign to talk about in this game, no new game modes, no big leap in graphics; by playing the censorship angles they got some clicks at least.

Actually, there was plenty of things to talk about the game, they just chose not to because the "censorship" nonsense was the easiest thing anyone would digest because why pretend DOA must be an actual fighting game with actual merits because of the fact that it marketed on it's "sex sells" appeal and get those who never would even watch it to suddenly act as if it's all the game has to offer.

There was plenty of extra interviews by Shimbori about the game during the last few months, DOA6 was in PS Experience and Tokyo Game Show with plenty of people playing it and there's the news I brought up that came in during those announcements...

What's funnier is that Soul Calibur 6 is in a similar state and yet people don't skimp out on the news coverage for that game... or do what Eventhubs does and make articles about ANYTHING Capcom related, that or Smash and DBZ related. Why bother talking about other games when it's easier to make an article comparing Darkstalker Mod Outfits to Capcom's version...

Honestly, you could say the same about most fighting games released in this gen, smaller roster, slightly improved graphics and less game modes.

Atleast with DOA6, I can understand why they removed Tag Mode(basically, Tag Mode was broken for DOA5 as simply getting launched would easily put you in an Instant Death Combo with no way to stop it and it's obvious that balancing that mode alone would take enough to equal a game itself) but I'm not certain for other games.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#113  October 02, 2018, 08:39:48 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Looks like 2 returning characters are coming back as well...

And a vid on Kasumi's new teleporting moveset(taking pages from Phase 4)

#114  October 05, 2018, 08:15:13 am
  • The Goddess Returns

#115  October 05, 2018, 11:52:38 am

Tina, Mila, and Bass confirmed!
#116  October 05, 2018, 04:03:09 pm
    • USA
Well, that did not take long. I'm surprised they brought Mila back as well... didn't think she was that popular in 5.
#117  October 05, 2018, 04:37:19 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Well, that did not take long. I'm surprised they brought Mila back as well... didn't think she was that popular in 5.

Actually she is pretty popular within the American base since she really does nail the MMA style that they was aiming for with her.
The Japanese base is more iffy though.

Character CG:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And a random bonus:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I honestly have to say I like Tina's new outfit the most and the return of the Father Daughter Tag Team they was in DOA2 before their relationship turned rocky.

#118  October 05, 2018, 10:04:18 pm
I thought part of the reason why Mila is more popular in America than in Japan is because American fans usually prefer tomboys, and she was the least fanservicey new DOA girl when she first made her debut in 5.
Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:06:50 am by Zenotron
#119  October 05, 2018, 11:24:43 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I thought part of the reason why Mila is more popular in America than Japan is because American fans usually prefer tomboys, and she was the least fanservicey new DOA girl when she first made her debut in 5.

This, also the fact that at the time MMA was at the peak of popularity.
#120  October 08, 2018, 10:47:10 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
It seems like I have more reason to keep in touch with the DOA Festival as Tina, Mila and Bass will be playable at the demo there.

Also:

So there seems to be different sound cues whenever you before a different type of stun like in some other fighters.
That's actually very helpful for beginners and pros who don't want to dig super hard for frame data.

All the current Break Blows and Danger Zones. I'm still pretty iffy on Break Blows(while Power Blows do have more oomph, I can also understand why they went to Break Blows since it's based on a bar now rather than getting it when you get to 50% so the action can keep going).

General gameplay video...god they need to work on the loading times post haste(the loading times for DOA5 was very, very quick by comparison) but I can also understand as it's still in progress.

EDIT: Maybe I should have waited a bit as there's a bit more news that someone brought in from FSD.

Another gameplay video with the community manager of the game MASTER

And an interview: https://wccftech.com/dead-or-alive-6-interview-rebalancing/

Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:01:04 pm by Xhominid