YesNoOk

Marvel & DC Projects Thread (Current W.I.P: Iron Man) (Read 274548 times)

Started by RΣDDBRIПK, September 06, 2018, 07:16:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Iron Man
#161  October 06, 2018, 12:15:24 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
about 98% done

just need to finish up 2 frames and its good to go.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#162  October 06, 2018, 03:02:45 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
All right, all palettes updated:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#163  October 06, 2018, 08:48:03 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Hulkbuster CS complete!
Penguinz0 said:
#164  October 08, 2018, 03:48:32 am
I just gotta ask...why are his pauldrons/shoulders different colors? I'm guessing it's suppose to be to create a depth effect like one is in shadow or something, but his legs are both the same color negating this effect and in every palette I've seen made the color difference really stands out and looks silly. Why not just make them the same color in the CS...it would look SO much better...in my opinion.
#165  October 08, 2018, 04:33:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I just gotta ask...why are his pauldrons/shoulders different colors? I'm guessing it's suppose to be to create a depth effect like one is in shadow or something, but his legs are both the same color negating this effect and in every palette I've seen made the color difference really stands out and looks silly. Why not just make them the same color in the CS...it would look SO much better...in my opinion.
I don't think you understand what CS (Color Separation) is. The colors shown is not supposed to be a palette used in-game. The parts are different so when people make palettes, they know what colors to use for that part of the character's palette. By making it the same, you are merging the colors together and will change both the pauldrons/shoulders instead of one or the other. People can't make unique palettes if you restrict them.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#166  October 08, 2018, 05:07:50 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

I don't think you understand what CS (Color Separation) is. The colors shown is not supposed to be a palette used in-game. The parts are different so when people make palettes, they know what colors to use for that part of the character's palette. By making it the same, you are merging the colors together and will change both the pauldrons/shoulders instead of one or the other. People can't make unique palettes if you restrict them.

This right here, if you put restrictions on it, you can't get many options and you get stuck with plain looking palettes.
#167  October 08, 2018, 06:02:59 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I think he's referring to his left and right shoulders being shaded differently, maybe?
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#168  October 08, 2018, 10:05:00 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Palettes Updated

#169  October 09, 2018, 12:09:30 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
All of Iron Man's sprites have his background limbs appearing darker than his foreground limbs. Same thing with the leg, but to a lesser extent. I kept that in my sprites for the sake of consistency.

The palettes do seem a bit TOO dark, tho, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't look that harsh with the default colors I used when I posted the sprite but most of the palettes posted have a significant difference (you can especially tell in the armors that are all a single color).

Maybe the shades are misaligned in the palette template? or on my sprite? Maybe every shade is supposed to be moved one space towards the next lighter shade? (It looked fine when I was using the default colors, but maybe there are two colors that were very similar and I messed up? Either way let me know).
#170  October 09, 2018, 01:32:29 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
its just the way the sprites are separated. do remember i did not make this separation as i am only adding more frames to it.

Palettes Updated

Thank you for updating your palettes L.E.O.N
Penguinz0 said:
#171  October 09, 2018, 04:33:02 pm
    • Argentina
The issue is only with the Hulkbuster's left arm. My advice is that you move over each of the colors in that arm over to its very next lighter shade. If it still looks too dark, then maybe move it two shades over instead.

Does that make sense? I can do it for you, if you need.
#172  October 09, 2018, 09:34:54 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
The issue is only with the Hulkbuster's left arm. My advice is that you move over each of the colors in that arm over to its very next lighter shade. If it still looks too dark, then maybe move it two shades over instead.

Does that make sense? I can do it for you, if you need.

Better? only did the pauldron because the parts of the arm and the gauntlet i think are fine.
Penguinz0 said:
#173  October 09, 2018, 10:15:20 pm
    • Argentina
I think so, yeah. I checked my original shading again, just to be sure and it's fine after all. I based the shading on the first frame you see in that animation and they use the same colors, so neither of us "screwed up", technically.

The problem is that the difference is more abrupt when his arm is thicker, so compensating for that by going one shade lighter is a good compromise.
#174  October 09, 2018, 11:14:12 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
A palette from me - Iron Man 1 (Mark III)

So you guys are talking about a palette cycle issue. Here's the thing, In the 2 sprites in the first column on the left look at the tights, chest and boots, they are lighter than the other sprites. Also, I think the heavy artillery sprites have a very dark line, it's clashing with the rest of the sprites.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#175  October 10, 2018, 12:03:38 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
A palette from me - Iron Man 1 (Mark III)

So you guys are talking about a palette cycle issue. Here's the thing, In the 2 sprites in the first column on the left look at the tights, chest and boots, they are lighter than the other sprites. Also, I think the heavy artillery sprites have a very dark line, it's clashing with the rest of the sprites.
Damn it! thats my fault. i will fix the shading right away.
Penguinz0 said:
#176  October 10, 2018, 05:32:14 am
Oh ! an Ironman. Good stuff, and good job on the sprites, how do you plan to handle him gameplay wise ?
#177  October 11, 2018, 02:15:47 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Oh ! an Ironman. Good stuff, and good job on the sprites, how do you plan to handle him gameplay wise ?

Still planning that out at the moment but he is going to have a very extensive moveset.
Penguinz0 said:
#178  October 11, 2018, 11:00:59 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
I need some help with scaling.

I have to use the Xscale & Yscale in the system file to scale him. however his stance is taller then his other sprites so i have a separate Angle Draw in his -2 States to scale his stance. The issue i'm having is just for 1 tick he uses the Xscale & Yscale and then after that 1 tick he uses the Angle Draw i have set for him. How do prevent him from scaling during that 1 tick? Sorry if this sounds confusing.

EDIT: I figured it out. I added this to the standing state.
Code:
[State 0, AngleDraw]
type = AngleDraw
trigger1 = Time<1
trigger2 = Time>0
value = 0
scale = 1,.93
Penguinz0 said:
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:29:00 am by ReddBrink
#179  October 12, 2018, 01:53:32 pm
    • Argentina
What the hell... he's not to scale?? :S

The only other person I know who has also used the sprite is duracelleur. Did he have to scale it too? I wish one of you had told me before I went and animated it. My sprites are meant to be accurate and useable with the corresponding official sheet. If you have to scale it, it kinda defeats the purpose. Let me know if you want me to fix it. :P
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:13:54 pm by Graphicus
#180  October 12, 2018, 05:28:57 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Duracelleur resized all the other sprites except the stance. Don't worry about it graphicus its fine.
Penguinz0 said: