YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830320 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2701  May 16, 2018, 09:50:14 pm
Either way, there is that sliver of hope that the game might continue but with all the horror stories I doubt it.
All the Marvel games got an Infinity War update but not this game that was named after the movie to advertise it. It's dead, Jim.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2702  May 16, 2018, 10:12:55 pm
    • Netherlands
I think the best course of action for this game in general is to rebrand it as a sequal/update in a similair vein to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. MvCI dealt, understandably, with an awful lot of bad press in its opening weeks. I feel if they update the game with better visuals and also adding the important omissions (X-men, Dr. Doom) that already might put it back in people's good favor. Bringing back Venom already had a positive effect, however small.

I love the MvC franchise and I desperately want to see it continue and succeed, but for that to happen to know there has to be some competent choices at its helm and Marvel also has to let Capcom do their job without forcing them to only pick MCU characters etc.
#2703  May 16, 2018, 10:46:20 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
IDK about an Arcade Edition.  From the stories that have been floating around post-launch, it sounds like Marvel/Disney was an absolute nightmare for Capcom to work with.  Disney's ultra micromanagement and insistence on treating the game like an advertisement for the MCU made development a living hell.

Their best bet would be to just abandon MvCI entirely, take the engine and the gameplay which is honestly still really good, and use it to make a new Capcom Fighting All Stars or something.  Or at least do a different crossover with a company that'll allow them to make an actual game and not a glorified movie trailer.
#2704  May 16, 2018, 10:59:39 pm
    • Netherlands
IDK about an Arcade Edition.  From the stories that have been floating around post-launch, it sounds like Marvel/Disney was an absolute nightmare for Capcom to work with.  Disney's ultra micromanagement and insistence on treating the game like an advertisement for the MCU made development a living hell.

Their best bet would be to just abandon MvCI entirely, take the engine and the gameplay which is honestly still really good, and use it to make a new Capcom Fighting All Stars or something.  Or at least do a different crossover with a company that'll allow them to make an actual game and not a glorified movie trailer.

This is what I'm thinking yeah. As much as I want the franchise to continue, I think it will be impossible given that Disney will not allow the freedom that I think made MvC3 ('s roster) so much fun.
#2705  May 17, 2018, 12:08:36 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
This is what I'm thinking yeah. As much as I want the franchise to continue, I think it will be impossible given that Disney will not allow the freedom that I think made MvC3 ('s roster) so much fun.
Even then Marvel meddled pretty badly with what Capcom could/couldn't add. It took massive amounts of convincing just to get Shuma-Gorath as dlc, and Marvel had some rather silly reasons why they couldn't use certain characters (they wanted Venom but Marvel said no because Venom was currently a different guy in the comics and not being able to use Gambit because he was dead at the time).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#2706  May 17, 2018, 02:02:43 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well that’s what happens when a talking mouse is holding the strings nowadays. Plus the fact that the game was released before the Fox-Disney merger, so I wouldn’t expect an arcade edition for that matter, plus other reasons (Including the file size for the game)
#2707  May 17, 2018, 04:04:56 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Talking point question: do you think Capcom should have waited to release MvC:I until all Marvel properties were absorbed by Disney? Yeah, it's a huge risk, but you get all your titles back, and you don't have to be dealing with Fox. Would you say Marvel made a mistake in letting Fox get a piece of that pie?
#2708  May 17, 2018, 04:58:25 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
They couldn't have possibly known that the merger was going to happen. Hell, with Comcast still out there looking to outbid WE still don't know the merger is gonna happen even though I imagine at this juncture Marvel's still probably going to get the characters back. The point is that Capcom and Marvel were looking to have something out there to capitalize on Infinity War and it crashed and burned through various circumstances, seen and unforeseen.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2709  May 17, 2018, 06:21:31 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I mean, there certainly were a ton of those rumors going around, but none of them were every confirmed, and quite a few don't actually line up with the actual game. Obviously, there's no doubt that Marvel was the reason behind the lack of any X-Men/FF characters, but the more outlandish stuff like, "Marvel forced Capcom to make all the Capcom characters ugly", or similar, are all exceedingly unlikely to have any basis in reality.

I would also note that Disney didn't have anything to do with this game; the only Marvel subsidiary they're involved in is Marvel Studios (and the only reason that happened was that Marvel Studio wanted to escape from being under Marvel due to their overbearing meddling, so Disney essentially made it an independent entity from Marvel proper); this is all being overseen by Marvel Entertainment.
#2710  May 17, 2018, 07:53:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The executive meddling honestly is what makes the most sense. Things like the graphics and presentation wete obviously Capcom's fault but the Marvel side of the roster being like it definitely had hints of meddling. I'm pretty sure Capcom fully intended to add X-Men characters into the game. They knew people wanted these characters and more but couldn't. The meddling might have also contributed to the overall poor performance with the Capcom guys overall feeling too constrained and leading to them just not caring about their game.

Arc Sys showing them up with DBFZ and BBTAG didn't do them any favors.
I've heard people suggesting they should just take this system and turn it into a Capcom only crossover and I have to agree.
#2711  October 13, 2018, 02:03:57 pm
    • Portugal
    • jorge.timtim@hotmail.com
#2712  October 13, 2018, 02:14:49 pm
isn't it a bit too late for that?

capcom should cut their loses and move on to a sequel or to a different project like another crossover game but done right this time around with snk.
#2713  October 13, 2018, 02:23:49 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
isn't it a bit too late for that?
Overhauling everything to the point where it is now a different game with a different approach takes time.

Can see why they are distancing themselves from Infinite if real.
Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:41:21 pm by Kirishima
#2714  October 13, 2018, 03:06:06 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The quality is on the table and the winner was FigherZ that´s mean another new game from Capcom to surpass the among of quality FigherZ has. that´s why is good to have competence. Capcom cant keep in the dark too much time, because of among of movies that will come from Marvel studios. 
#2715  October 14, 2018, 07:50:25 pm
    • Brazil
I think this has a good chance of being true, it certainly makes sense. MvC:I is generally thought to have good gameplay, while everything else is trash, so, they may keep the current roster (maybe even the rumored Season 2 DLC characters) and overhaul the rest, giving it a new artstyle, even more characters, maybe a better story and other content. Right now its a quite empty game that doesn't live up to the expected quality of the series, or any fighting game in general. Lets hope they understand the mistakes they made, 'cause MvC:I is a stain in the Vs. Games' history, and if this game didn't kill the series, any other similar one will.
#2716  October 14, 2018, 07:57:42 pm
    • Netherlands
Okay, shere we go- should it be true, what's everyone's character wishlist?

Aside from returning characters mine would be Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Punisher and Moon Knight for Marvel and Rashid (SF), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Akira (Rival Schools) and Lord Raptor/Jon Talbain/Dimitri (Darkstalkers).
#2717  October 14, 2018, 08:00:12 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Well, a complete rebranding of a busted and disappointing product worked wonders for Final Fantasy XIV, so it's not inconceivable that it could work here.  I still say they'd be better served cutting their losses with MvC, and taking the fighting engine from Infinite to make a non-Marvel fighter instead.
#2718  October 14, 2018, 08:19:13 pm
If the DLC stuff is to be believed, all those characters were basically ready when they decided to drop the game. So actually making a game out of it, that's money out of something that's already done and would have never been sold otherwise anyway.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2719  October 14, 2018, 08:43:09 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
specially considering how ridiculous fgc people get over dlc. Put a whole new disk out and theyll eat it up, serve it as an update to a game they are stomping on and they wont touch it out of some idea that they are hurting capcom
#2720  October 14, 2018, 08:45:44 pm
Are you trying to say that Capcom's strategy back in the '90s to put out a whole new disc cartridge every year with just a few more characters was actually a good thing and not the evil money-grubbing scheme everyone claimed it was ?? :o B-b-but DLC was invented specifically to fix that !
Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:51:50 pm by Byakko