YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621020 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - I will surpass that Guy! (And one Crazy Guy too.)
#521  July 27, 2018, 08:50:05 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
So, I've been here and there, and I thought, "Hey, I haven't done jack in a while, why not give something people would like, eh?"

So, Here's a beta of Maki.

There are things to note:

-I haven't gotten her air throw down, because I'm still not sure what it exactly looks like.
-I want to do her Custom Combo justice, like keeping the combo going from Hayagake: Kage Sukui and/or Hayagake: Kubikari, but haven't figured out how to trigger it yet.
-Her Ajaratengu is still in progress, so if you grab someone, she'll go into an infinite loop, and her Level 3 is non-existant... yet.
-I possibly forgot some palettes, so if I did, please let me know which page or post any you got.

As for Yamazaki, I'm getting some brain-farts as of right now for 2 reasons.
1. Mostly due to sprite issues, since Mr. dampir's sprites are from those from Kof 2002 UM, and such, and it clashes quite badly with the CvS ones.
2. EX-Specials for the following:
Sabaki no Aikuchi: Need proper sprites, or a good idea for that which I already have.
Suna Kake: Not entirely sure how to make a good EX-Special out of this one. Any ideas?
Sadi Mazo: Which is better: 3 hit from a Drill, or the headbutt from KoF XIV?

Other nitpicks of mine are how much damage should EX Hebi Tsukai do, since I'm going the route of KoF XIV, and I can get around 450 damage with 2 EX-Specials and 1 Guillotine combo (500 if I end in Yakiire). And which Level 3 is better, "...!!" or "Freak-Out Fist?"

Better question for this is; should I send a beta of Yamazaki too for people to experiment on, and tell me what route should I go for?

You can just download other Maki's to found what the grap really looks like. Or look up her movesets on YouTube.

And for Yamazaki, plz don't use Kof sprites because the CvS sprites looks 10 times better with the animations and stuff like that. Mixing both sprites would be bad therefore, might have to find someone to edit some sprites for your Yamazaki.
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:53:28 am by Hunter Cerberus
#522  July 29, 2018, 04:05:55 am
As for Yamazaki, I'm getting some brain-farts as of right now for 2 reasons.
1. Mostly due to sprite issues, since Mr. dampir's sprites are from those from Kof 2002 UM, and such, and it clashes quite badly with the CvS ones.
2. EX-Specials for the following:
Sabaki no Aikuchi: Need proper sprites, or a good idea for that which I already have.
Suna Kake: Not entirely sure how to make a good EX-Special out of this one. Any ideas?
Sadi Mazo: Which is better: 3 hit from a Drill, or the headbutt from KoF XIV?

Other nitpicks of mine are how much damage should EX Hebi Tsukai do, since I'm going the route of KoF XIV, and I can get around 450 damage with 2 EX-Specials and 1 Guillotine combo (500 if I end in Yakiire). And which Level 3 is better, "...!!" or "Freak-Out Fist?"

Better question for this is; should I send a beta of Yamazaki too for people to experiment on, and tell me what route should I go for?
For Suna Kake, The Ex version could make it into something like Goro Daimon's Jirai Shin
For Sadi Mazo: the 3 hit from a drill is much better
For Level 3, go with "Freak-Out Fist"

Actually for his Level 3, I was thinking of his King of Fighters 2003's Leader Desperation Move which seems to be much fit, not sure if you can consider this?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:23:10 am by tehdevil
#523  October 09, 2018, 09:06:51 am
  • Was it something I said?
Hey guys, sorry I've been out. Gotta get myself back into the groove, eh?

Well, progress updates:
Maki is almost done, just need help with a light bug on her Ajaratengu. Also added Super Reppukyaku, because unless I forgot something, those effects won't be used.

As for Yamazaki... yeah, I'm gonna need some new sprites for certain moves, since some sprites clash... pretty badly.

If you're interested in helping out with either options, then that would be fantastic.

Actually for his Level 3, I was thinking of his King of Fighters 2003's Leader Desperation Move which seems to be much fit, not sure if you can consider this?

That would be pretty much the same. I just wanted to know which startup would be the best one, since it'd be either a throw, or charge into hit.
#524  October 09, 2018, 03:51:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Good luck with Maki and Yamazaki. I don't know of anyone who is good with Capcom vs. SNK-style spritework off head, but I'm sure there is someone somewhere in the M.U.G.E.N. community who matches that criteria.
#525  October 09, 2018, 09:24:47 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I had an idea about the level 3, one that would bypass the need for a bunch of new sprites: it might not be very popular, though.

Basically, I'd suggest making Drill the level 3. It was his P-Power in all the Fatal Fury games, and it's also his NEO Climax Hidden Super Desperation MAX 2 or whatever they call the max level supers in KOF XIV; there's certainly enough precedence for it. Maybe he could also have the secret level 5 Drill from the Real Bout games? (it also appears in KOF98UM for EX Yamazaki)

And then he can have Guillotine and ...!?!? as his normal supers. Perhaps even make Dokusyu/whatever that B,D,DB+punch move is called a super, like it is in XIV? (I'm not sure if the sprites would support that, however; they gave the move much more impact so it could function as a super).
Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:28:44 pm by Jmorphman
#526  October 09, 2018, 10:06:32 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I agree with that suggestion.  A 1frame command grab that does a ton of damage (if mashed properly) is more than suitable for a level 3 as it is in XIV.  And if you give him Guillotine and Poison Hand as regular supers that evens out nicely.
#527  October 10, 2018, 04:55:41 am
I... like the idea. It saves me a lot of trouble with what I have right now, and it saves up on any confusion for moves (with Dokusyu getting in the way of Hebi Tsukai). Still, I'll need sprites for two moves; 1 is the Yakiire, or a suggestion for some kind of animation for it, and  a proper Lvl. 2 version of the Poison Hand, since he does kick his opponent away from him after that one.

I'll probably do what Jmorphman suggests, and do something along the lines of that.

As for Maki, if leaves one more beta riiiight here. The main problem is with Ajaratengu (both normal and air types), of when opponent is grabbed, they'll stay in their Standing position until like 3 seconds later. Bushin Fungeki hasn't been done yet, and A.I. is not present. So if I can get Ajaratengu correctly, then I'll be pretty much set. Oh, and if I forgot any palettes, please let me know.
#528  October 10, 2018, 07:26:47 am
    • USA
What needs to be done with Yakiire?

a proper Lvl. 2 version of the Poison Hand, since he does kick his opponent away from him after that one.
What about something like this?

Might be cool to have the opponent drawn in when he's retracting his arm after the stab, so that he can grab them more easily.

As for Maki, if leaves one more beta riiiight here. The main problem is with Ajaratengu (both normal and air types), of when opponent is grabbed, they'll stay in their Standing position until like 3 seconds later. Bushin Fungeki hasn't been done yet, and A.I. is not present. So if I can get Ajaratengu correctly, then I'll be pretty much set. Oh, and if I forgot any palettes, please let me know.
The opponent is still stuck in the superpause, so they won't have the effects of the TargetState and whatnot applied to them yet. The best way around this (while still preserving the current length of superpause and amount of grab startup) would be to have another SuperPause sctrl (with a time of 0) activate as soon as the throw connects, which will end the already active superpause.

This will still leave one tick where the opponent is frozen, however, so it's best to give the throw success animation a new AnimElem at the beginning that lasts for one tick, using the same sprite as the active frame of the throw attempt. This way, Maki and the opponent will stay in synch.
#529  October 10, 2018, 07:47:23 am
What needs to be done with Yakiire?

What about something like this?

Might be cool to have the opponent drawn in when he's retracting his arm after the stab, so that he can grab them more easily.

The opponent is still stuck in the superpause, so they won't have the effects of the TargetState and whatnot applied to them yet. The best way around this (while still preserving the current length of superpause and amount of grab startup) would be to have another SuperPause sctrl (with a time of 0) activate as soon as the throw connects, which will end the already active superpause.

This will still leave one tick where the opponent is frozen, however, so it's best to give the throw success animation a new AnimElem at the beginning that lasts for one tick, using the same sprite as the active frame of the throw attempt. This way, Maki and the opponent will stay in synch.

-I wanted to do something along the lines of this:

... with when he connects his foot to his opponent on the ground, he'll stomp on them and then kick them high, buuuut this clashes too much with his present CvS sprites.

-Good suggestion.

-It was that easy, and I couldn't figure it out? Jeez, I really must've not been thinking straight when making that move.

Also need an idea for EX Suna Kake.
#530  October 10, 2018, 08:39:16 am
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
Maybe have it so the sand or whatever he kicks out of the ground stuns the opponent for around a second, probably through getting in their eyes and leaving them distracted.
#531  October 11, 2018, 07:17:51 am
    • USA
-I wanted to do something along the lines of this:

https://i.imgur.com/rzMllcb.gif

... with when he connects his foot to his opponent on the ground, he'll stomp on them and then kick them high, buuuut this clashes too much with his present CvS sprites.
Hmm, well, perhaps you could add in his pursuit attack from Real Bout, Todome, as an automatic followup to the EX version, if the move connects. In the Real Bout games, it's an essential and natural followup to Yakiire, so it's a pretty natural inclusion!

The one thing to note is that it technically uses sprites that don't exist in the CvS set, but it very easily could be adapted using the existing foot stomp and Suna Kake animations (indeed, this is what SNK itself did in adapting the move for KOF98UM).

Also need an idea for EX Suna Kake.
Maybe it can leave the opponent in an extended stun state, but have enough startup time such that it can't be comboed into?
#532  October 11, 2018, 11:24:22 am
Hm. Good suggestions. I could make Yakiire move a bit faster considering it's a bit slow at the moment.

Edit: Also, I just realized I need the timing for your Chun-Li with her intro against Yamazaki. I believe I got his side about right. If you want, I could send you what I got so far on him.

Edit of an Edit: I keep forgetting to work on Maki's Zero Counters, so might I ask if anyone knows what they are from SFA3?
Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:36:18 pm by Knuckles8864
#533  October 14, 2018, 03:00:31 pm
So, I have good news about Yamazaki, everyone! A gentleman named ;X had posted up some sffs from his previous works, however it was missing for a while, but mete122 had posted a new url of most of the previous ones, including with some Yamazaki sprites that are close to what I originally wanted!

Right here

Still, I was going to go with Jmorphman's idea of making more simple, but now I'm torn between the two. Some sprites there still need some work since they still clash with the original, but I think it can be doable. So, I decided to make a poll to see what you guys think.
#534  October 14, 2018, 03:17:27 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
glad it was useful

lui

#535  October 14, 2018, 09:04:04 pm
    • USA
I say go for it

Regarding the clashing sprites, I think it depends on how it'll look ingame
#536  October 16, 2018, 03:19:20 am
    • USA
I think with a few touch-ups, the anims could work, but I'm not sure they fit in with the rest of his set at the moment.

Edit: Also, I just realized I need the timing for your Chun-Li with her intro against Yamazaki. I believe I got his side about right. If you want, I could send you what I got so far on him.
Haven't changed a thing (for that intro, at least) since that beta I put out in January.

Edit of an Edit: I keep forgetting to work on Maki's Zero Counters, so might I ask if anyone knows what they are from SFA3?
It's nothing special, just her hurricane kick move (SFA3 only has one counter per character).
#537  October 18, 2018, 01:29:42 am
So, I have good news about Yamazaki, everyone! A gentleman named ;X had posted up some sffs from his previous works, however it was missing for a while, but mete122 had posted a new url of most of the previous ones, including with some Yamazaki sprites that are close to what I originally wanted!
Hello knuckles. I'm glad you like my sprites  for Yamazaki's converted Kof attacks and for his super from kof14. I overheard  WalrusLui talking with MotorRoach  on discord a few days ago about you looking for an animation. So I made you this.  you can thank them for showing a vocal interest in your character.

credit to Dampir for his wip Kof2cvssprite conversions that he had started so long ago

lui

#538  October 18, 2018, 03:02:00 am
    • USA
Those pants change entirely for a couple frames and it's pretty jarring
#539  October 18, 2018, 04:50:09 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I am sure that those sprites can be fixed.
#540  October 18, 2018, 05:32:05 am
Yep. Yep im aware . The shoes do to.