YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 244319 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#41  October 12, 2018, 01:54:26 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#42  October 12, 2018, 02:10:13 pm
I don't know why, I really get this bad feeling that this game is made to cash in on loads of DLC with really bad support.
Much like how Gundam Versus went.... (It's dead after half a year, the news page was never updated).
It couldn't compare to the Japan only Gundam Extreme VS series.
They are already working on Extreme VS 2, which prolly is Japan only, while they released this bland game upon us.

The realistic style, trailer music, DLC promotions etc all seem to try to appeal to a western audience.
I mean, where are the typical Shonen songs? The game looks and sounds all dark and gritty, like it's some Hollywood movie.

Hopefully this isn't what I am afraid it will be. I really want this game to be a huge fun packed success.
Just wanted to state my disappointment in Gundam Versus and how the trailers of this game has the same signs all over it.

Some trailers in the spoiler for comparison
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  October 12, 2018, 02:44:48 pm
that's just how anime games are. a year or so of support then complete shutdown ... surprisingly xenoverse 2 despite it being lack luster is the only game i can think of that is getting support even after it's 2 year mark and still have 2 more dlc to come. probably because of the upcoming movie and probably the return of dbs early next year.
#44  October 12, 2018, 03:30:14 pm
Did the previous Jump games have any actual DLC ? I only remember Victory VS getting some random arcade mode and stuff on the + version on PS4.

Bandai is the one doing the DLC for TV series games. (I mean, not the manga games that Jump specifically says to make for some random celebration)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:55:39 pm by Byakko
#45  October 12, 2018, 03:44:11 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Really glad to see that so far every returning franchise from J-Stars has received additional characters. I wonder if we'll get Sakura or Kakashi as new Naruto characters as well. Maybe Piccolo or Gohan for DBZ?

There are more franchises, that bandai can take characters  it´s no only DBZ.  :yuno: for example Saint seiya was a good chose and they can take a haime no ippo character as well. for saying something else.
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:52:12 pm by yaret
#46  October 12, 2018, 07:13:50 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
that's just how anime games are. a year or so of support then complete shutdown ... surprisingly xenoverse 2 despite it being lack luster is the only game i can think of that is getting support even after it's 2 year mark and still have 2 more dlc to come. probably because of the upcoming movie and probably the return of dbs early next year.

It was the same thing with Xenoverse.
Dragonball Z is just that popular, combined with being able to create your own character basically means people will be sticking around, especially since they are giving reasons for people to do so.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#47  October 13, 2018, 12:04:20 am
About the dlc etc, what I mean is. With Gundam it just seemed like they wanted a quick buck out a starved community and sell some dlc while they were at it.
(I mean, it's the first Gundam VS game for westerners).

Jump Force seems like it's trying to do the same, sell strong appeal towards a western audience.
On top of that, Bandainamco (or rather just Bandai) has a pretty bad rep in supporting it's western audience.
Their Epic store has been under construction for over a year lol.

But alas, I hope this is just me being salty and they are going to give it's fans something to enjoy!
Fingers crossed.

haime no ippo

That's not shonen jump!

lui

#48  October 13, 2018, 12:07:38 am
    • USA

Dragonball Z is just that popular, combined with being able to create your own character basically means people will be sticking around, especially since they are giving reasons for people to do so.

except that xenoverse 2 is actually still going to this day. they even announced recently that the game was so successful with their dlc that they're still doing more extra stuff in the future
#49  October 13, 2018, 02:58:13 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Really glad to see that so far every returning franchise from J-Stars has received additional characters. I wonder if we'll get Sakura or Kakashi as new Naruto characters as well. Maybe Piccolo or Gohan for DBZ?

There are more franchises, that bandai can take characters  it´s no only DBZ.  :yuno: for example Saint seiya was a good chose and they can take a haime no ippo character as well. for saying something else.

Hajime no Ippo isn't a Jump series, though?

I'm hoping Assassination Classroom gets some representation.  It'd be nice to see Korosensei and Nagisa show up.
#50  October 13, 2018, 05:11:11 am

except that xenoverse 2 is actually still going to this day. they even announced recently that the game was so successful with their dlc that they're still doing more extra stuff in the future

yeah , the original plan if i remember correctly was just 6 dlc. and how many are there now 8? then there's 2 confirmed for the broly movie and one more extra one before dbs goes back in air.
#51  October 13, 2018, 03:26:03 pm
    • Dominica

Hajime no Ippo isn't a Jump series, though?

I dont know if Hajime no ippo is in jump series, but Bandai made a video game on ps3
#52  October 13, 2018, 03:31:36 pm
That's irrelevant. This is a Jump game. Ippo is not Jump.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#53  October 13, 2018, 03:48:36 pm
    • Dominica
#54  October 13, 2018, 03:51:48 pm
Bandai having made games before doesn't mean they can pick characters from random games to add to a Jump game. You won't see a character from Ippo any more than you''ll see a Soul Calibur or Tekken character.
#55  October 14, 2018, 11:26:30 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Are you guys sure Hajime no Ippo is not Jump? Because I remember seeing that anime being represented in one of the Shonen Jump fighting games on the old DS.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#56  October 14, 2018, 11:31:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ippo is from Weekly Shonen Magazine.  The boxing manga that was in Jump Ultimate Stars was Rokudenashi Blues.
#57  October 15, 2018, 04:06:14 am
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
#58  October 15, 2018, 05:13:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I got to play in the closed beta, and I gotta say, the confusing art choice does work exceedingly better in motion, but the excessive amount of particle effects going on all at once it does leave quite a hefty bit of lag, which is never a good thing.  Luckily it's not a consistent thing, could go a few matches with the likes of summoning Kurama or getting a Super Spirit Bomb off, the heaviest lag inducers I could find, without any change in the gameplay, but when it does hit it hits the framerate hard.  Played it on a regular boring old Xbox One, don't know what kind of difference you'd get across Xbox One X, PS4 or PS4 Pro though.  Actual gameplay was fine arena brawling, but I don't understand why they gave us three team members when you can only call for an assist from the next one on rotation.  And since you all share one healthbar, it doesn't feel like you'd get much time to make use of all three of them before you either kill the opponent or are beaten yourself.

The hub world can still use a few fixes too.  Camera can get into your character's model if too close, NPCs not being solid, the basic stuff that can be ironed out.  Some of the text boxes have typos too, but it's a beta, not going to dig too deeply on them on simple fixes like that.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:16:25 am by Long John Killer
#59  October 23, 2018, 12:41:27 pm
Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:30:29 am by Rai Tei
#60  October 23, 2018, 12:52:39 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Looks like Hit done a fusion dance with a Tuba.