YesNoOk

MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot (Read 2802 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, October 23, 2018, 09:36:52 am
Share this topic:
MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot
#1  October 23, 2018, 09:36:52 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
This is probably going to be my final help thread revolving MegaMan Zero in the full game before I move on to Vent, Aile, and Rock.

Now in the previous thread, I've had some trouble making Omega Zero's double charge shot functional.

So here's how it works, I've got a edit of N64Mario's Vent that is more complete than the original, which is a good reference to take from in terms of MUGEN (the enemies will hurt you in MegaMan ZX), so I can now show you how it works as well as explain.

As Model OX with it's overdrive mode activated, you press the buster button, charge up your charge shot, release the button, and fire. There's a 2nd charge shot that's preloaded and prepared to fire, and you can fire it at any time. You can move, dash, jump, use your saber or the ground punch while you have the 2nd charge shot ready to fire. This can be used for combos. For example: You fire the first shot, use your triple slash combo, and fire the 2nd shot.

https://streamable.com/o4an0

Now Odb kept asking me if this is the same as the single shot, and too be honest I'm not really sure.

So, how can I finally make this move?
Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:29:43 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot, get hit & death state, and wall jump
#2  October 23, 2018, 04:10:33 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@RedDragonCats17: Stop switching problems in the middle of a dev help thread. Consider this a warning from a global moderator. I honestly cant stress this 1 more time. Make a new thread for an all new problem. If a new problem arises from what you're currently working on, continue the thread. If you want to start an all new move, or a death animation, or anything unrelated to what the thread title is about, make a new thread. and that "and more" shit doesnt cut it.
Pick one of those three things in your thread topic, and edit out the other two. I'd suggest editing out the death state and wall jump considering the warning.

Using what we've talked about on discord, and here, you dont seem to follow instructions. You ask how to do something, we say how to do it, and you go off and look for a character that has something similar already made. Stop doing this shit.

At this point, you're at 99% close to a temp-ban. Seeing you ask the same question with out any details of what you're actually trying to program is extremely frustrating. This thread breaks the "and more" part of the warning but I'm being EXTREMELY generous. The ban means you wont be allowed to use the forum for a set period of time. Focus up!

Now, for the help section of this post..

IF you can't tell if there's a difference from a single charge shot to the second half of a double charge shot, there isn't. Which means it's not a different move. Dont try to make a different move. Just like the character that you tried to copy and paste from. You'll be using one statedef.
What you need to do is adjust your cmd to allow the changestate of the single charge shot.

Null out the code for your double shot change state. Null or comment it out.

To give you your answer you're looking for I need you to answer a couple questions. When you reply, copy and paste my question and answer below it. Then copy and paste my next question under that. Repeat until all the questions are answered. This is an ultimatum. If you do not follow these steps you will be banned.

#1 In your level 1 charge shot's changestate in the CMD, Do you use Power= or Var(x)= to make sure you've charged to level one before activating the move?

#2 If you do use Power= or Var(x) in the changestate, what is the code inside the CNS for the state that resets the value?

#3 If you dont use Power= or Var(x) what is your changestate for the level 1 chargeshot? (post the code)

#4 Because the move can be activated during a combo, Does the 2 chargeshot fired interrupt moves? (this is a yes or no)

Now read carefully when I say this. I do not want to read ANYTHING in your post except the four answers to my questions.  Nothing else. I need to know you can follow instructions. If you do not edit your thread topic to follow my first warning, with in 5 hours of making your 4 answers reply, you will be banned.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot
#3  October 24, 2018, 08:44:51 pm
    • USA
#1 In your level 1 charge shot's changestate in the CMD, Do you use Power= or Var(x)= to make sure you've charged to level one before activating the move?

It uses a variable, var(3).

#2 If you do use Power= or Var(x) in the changestate, what is the code inside the CNS for the state that resets the value?

Here it is:

Code:
[State 310, Buster Reset]
type = VarSet
triggerall = command != "hold_y"
trigger1 = var(3) >= 0
trigger2 = numproj != 0
var(3) = 0

#3 If you dont use Power= or Var(x) what is your changestate for the level 1 chargeshot? (post the code)

It does use a variable, so I don't have such code.

#4 Because the move can be activated during a combo, Does the 2 chargeshot fired interrupt moves? (this is a yes or no)

Yes.
Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:16:04 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot, get hit & death state, and wall jump
#4  October 25, 2018, 01:04:04 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Double charge shot, get hit & death state, and wall jump New #3  about 4 hours ago
^^^^

Now read carefully when I say this. I do not want to read ANYTHING in your post except the four answers to my questions.  Nothing else. I need to know you can follow instructions. If you do not edit your thread topic to follow my first warning, with in 5 hours of making your 4 answers reply, you will be banned.

Your buster reset will need to change.
I'd suggest something LIKE
type = VarAdd
triggerall = var(3) > 0
trigger1 =  time = 0
value = -1 ;change this to negative whateverthevalueof1fullchargeequals
ignorehitpause = 1

This is so that when you have 2 levels and you fire the first, the value drops to only allow 1 more shot.
On top of making a 2nd shot work, if you can charge your var 3 to power levels past 2, you should be able to fire those shots with out a problem.
If your character isn't supposed to be able to charge past level 2, make sure you check that to stop it from working in the varadd/varset you use to charge it.

Because you're using random values for your special attacks I'm not completely certain your base moves have the correct numbers. You'll want to use something along the lines of
trigger3 = (stateno = [200,250]) && (movecontact)
in the changestate to the chargeshot.

The only problem I can imagine popping up would be if you dont want P1 to be able to combo into charge shot 1. Because you're going to be using the same changestate for all of the charge shots this will be a possibility. Do you want the ability to charge to level 1 and not shoot it AND not be able to use it in a combo?
The && movecontact is a very "sloppy" way to allow combos. I prefer it. You may want a tighter system. Something like
trigger6 = (stateno = 830) && (time = [20,30])
will only allow 1 state to work for 10 tics.

#5  October 25, 2018, 05:23:05 am
    • USA
I've changed the name of the topic, but I'm still a little scared because your reply still shows the old name.

Here's what the reset looks like now:

Code:
type = VarSet
triggerall = var(3) > 0
trigger1 = time != 0
var(3) = -90
ignorehitpause = 1

And here's the change state. I used your "sloppy" combo trigger, but Omega Zero fires the standard shot instead of a full powered shot.

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Level 2 Omega Charge Shot
[State -1, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = var(10)
triggerall = var(3) >= 90
triggerall = command = "buster_shot2"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
trigger3 = (stateno = [200,220]) && (movecontact)
value = 325

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is state 830 just a random state as a example, along with trigger6?
Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:14:28 pm by RedDragonCats17
#6  October 26, 2018, 10:44:05 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yes, they are random examples. It's just to show you the triggers that you'll want to get your stuff to work. 99% of the time anyone who posts something like this will use trigger1= as the example. Even when they say you'll need it as a second set. Sometimes I have fighter factory open so I just do a ctrl+f and copy and paste an example out of one of my characters. Always make sure the triggers dont skip a number. You'll pull some hair out over that crap. We've all done it. And with that said....

trigger1 = ctrl
trigger3 = (stateno = [200,220]) && (movecontact)  ;<<<<<trigger1 to trigger3 wont read until trigger2 is there. Change the 3 to 2.
The move will only work for those 21 states once you edit the trigger3. Are all of your standing moves 200 to 220?  If you want the move to combo crouching moves you can make a stateno = [400,450] trigger check too. This is why it's kind of important to have your states number the classic way. It'll also mess up opponents AI if you dont follow the standards.

The replies are fine. The topic being edited is so you dont waste people's time who think they may be able to answer a question. So they click this link and there's no question. Honestly, I'd tell you to make your 2 other threads now. We can knock multiple problems out at one time. There are a ton of people on the forum willing to help, but until you ask the question(s), they can't.

Use the VarAdd like I suggested but do the -90, obviously. Your
trigger1 = time != 0
will fire off every tic that isn't time = 0. So every single tic of your move will set the variable. This could be a big problem. Usually with a varset or a varadd you want to make sure it sets 1 time. Unless it's a charger or a timer or something along those lines. time = 0 wont work some times for some things. time = 1 can possibly mess up with looping animations. Learn to use
DisplayToClipboard
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/displaytoclipboard-and-appendtoclipboard-sctrl-169988.0.html
It's one of the strongest assets in Mugen when coding. You'll be able to watch your variable in real time. So you'll know if your code is good or messing up. It's usually in Statedef - 2, but you can use it in helpers' states also.

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ;Level 2 Omega Charge Shot
        [State -1, ChangeState]
        type = ChangeState
        triggerall = var(10) && var(3) >= 90
        triggerall = command = "buster_shot2"
        trigger1 = statetype = S && ctrl
        trigger2 = (stateno = [200,220]) && (movecontact)
        trigger3 = (stateno = [400,420]) && (movecontact)
        value = 325

^^^See what that gets you.
#7  October 27, 2018, 02:34:32 am
    • USA
States 200 to 220 are the 3 slash combo states, I use those states to keep Omega Zero faithful to Model OX, and for comboing reasons. MegaMan Zero doesn't have crouch attacks, though.

I tried your code, and hate to say this, because this has frustrated the both of us (it even hurts my throat saying this), but it still fires the standard shot.

Also, I already have a display to clipboard. Remember this?

Code:
[State -2, DisplayToClipboard]
type = DisplayToClipboard
trigger1 = time >= 0
text = "Power float value = %f,var(3) = %d, cmd = %d"
params = power, var(3), command != "hold_x"

Aside from that, I know this isn't a personal life thread, but I am a little under the weather. My seasonal allergies sparked up and I got a sore throat, & I feel tired as hell. I probably won't have the stuff to work on Zero, because once I'm down, I'm gonna be out and I probably won't wake up.
#8  October 27, 2018, 09:19:03 am
    • USA
Now this is interesting, I decided to mess around with Omega Zero for a bit, and he fired a charge shot after a slash as I was holding Y. I bet it's coming from the move contact trigger.

Oh, also I have a new problem. It's not about Zero, but it's the MUGEN I'm making him in. I made a new font while I was waiting. The problem is in the discord.
Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:26:28 am by RedDragonCats17
#9  October 27, 2018, 08:53:55 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If it's still firing the standard shot make sure you dont have your cmd set up wrong. I think that's been your problem a couple times.
Make sure you most complex commands are above the simple ones, and make sure their changestates are above the basic changestates.

What state is it changing to when you fire it off in the combo?
#10  October 28, 2018, 12:07:36 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

To be more specific, let's say you have similar comands. If you put the "complex" command after the "simple" one, you'll almost never be able to use it.
Examples:

This is what you SHOULD NOT do
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

With the code above, you'll never be able to change state to 1050, since the commands are very similar, you'll change to state 1000 instead, because MUGEN is reading it first.

This is what you SHOULD do
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11  October 28, 2018, 02:27:04 am
    • USA
Oh it's not the placement of the code, I was talking about the 2nd shot. I guess I should've added that.

Now as I said before, as I held Y and keep slashing the opponent, Omega Zero fires the full powered shot even though I didn't let go. Was that part of the plan or what?
Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:32:03 am by RedDragonCats17
#12  October 28, 2018, 07:36:39 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If it's NOT part of the plan it comes down to your trigger = command and how you set it up.

How is the regular, not charged, shot being fired?
#13  October 28, 2018, 07:48:52 am
    • USA
I just press Y, it's a standard attack.

Also, is it okay if I make another thread? It's about separate DEF files I made for normal and Omega Zero and their palettes.
Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:52:37 am by RedDragonCats17
#14  October 28, 2018, 10:56:55 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I'm confused. You've switched what happens like 4 times now.

"Now this is interesting, I decided to mess around with Omega Zero for a bit, and he fired a charge shot after a slash as I was holding Y."
^^^Isn't this what we've been trying to accomplish???

"Now as I said before, as I held Y and keep slashing the opponent, Omega Zero fires the full powered shot even though I didn't let go."
^^^This is a problem with the command you're using.

"I just press Y, it's a standard attack."
The standard Y attack after pressing the button... That's a normal move man. Right? Like you press X and it's going to do the X attack. You Press Y and it's going to do the Y attack. So.... Whut? Are you surprised that the basic attack works?

I have an extremely hard time keeping track what the end goal is with you.
"Was that part of the plan or what?"
^^^YOU make the plan. I dont know what the plan is. You keep switching it. You make posts without asking questions. Ask a question!

Listen. Anyone who jumps into this thread to help out, expects to be able to read the last post in it, and know 80% of what the problem is.
I dont understand what the problem is at this point. You've switched off your task like 3 different ways now. I'm not sure what your current goal is. Like usual. You haven't said what you're working on and what doesn't work and what you want it to do. I cant stress this enough.

What are you currently trying to do? Not a simple "Make two shots work" I need a specific thing. A specific problem. 

I'm not sure if i've linked you this before but, have you read this?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-101-things-you-need-know-169758.0.html

Also, is it okay if I make another thread? It's about separate DEF files I made for normal and Omega Zero and their palettes.
I've told you 3x now to do this exact thing. DO NOT ASK AGAIN.

@RedDragonCats17: At this specific moment. The Double Charge Shot, What isn't working about it? What would you want it to do differently?
What parts of the character control what you're trying to change?
^^^This third question NEEDS to be answered.

I think from this point forward, I'm only going to answer questions. If you do not ask questions I wont be responding. Maybe someone else will help, idk. Take your last post. My whole reply to that post would be, "Yes." Do you see the difference in this post and that one word reply?
Also, I've been extremely lenient on your double posting. DO NOT DOUBLE POST. Edit your post(s) if you have more to add and no one's replied.
#15  October 31, 2018, 09:29:33 am
    • USA
I'm terribly sorry for the long wait, as soon as I read the first paragraph, I knew that I messed up, so I was scared to reply.

Now originally, I was going to say that at this point I don't really know, the charge shot is a advanced coded move that I have never done before. ADVANCED is the key word, I'm still only a beginner at characters, yet I'm doing this because I've got nothing to do when it comes to MUGEN. However, I decided to experiment with something, and it works. The double charge shot works exactly like I wanted it to. And just to make you feel better, you did help me.

How? You gave me this:

Code:
type = VarSet
triggerall = var(3) > 0
trigger1 = time != 0
var(3) = 90
ignorehitpause = 1

I looked and thought about this code. As long as the variable is still 90, I wondered if I could make it 0 by doing something. So I experimented by making another state, and it worked, exactly as I planned.

So, thread is solved. I think I should take a break from the advanced stuff, and move on to some simple stuff, like the palette problem I mentioned.