YesNoOk

Project Status/Progress Thread (Read 46458 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 15, 2012, 09:58:29 pm
Share this topic:
Project Status/Progress Thread
#1  February 15, 2012, 09:58:29 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So, I've found my motivation again and will resume work on this project. This thread will be stickied and will just be for general progress and status updates. Feel free to post here, it won't be a locked thread. I've basically decided that since I felt I needed to finish SHADEs 2 before starting this, I should probably finish this before starting SHADEs 3.

Roster Updates
I have spoken to Nestor about the possibility of character sharing between our projects. They will be using my Mr. X character for the Capcom Fighting All-Stars project, as well as Wesker when he's done. I have my eye on a couple of characters of theirs as well, but I won't get into that until I know for sure whether they can be used or not.

I should note that I may be shrinking the roster a bit. While I have been creating for a long time and am not naive, I was for whatever reason expecting someone to volunteer to help code some of these characters. I understand now that I probably should not have expected that, and have accepted that character coding will be pretty much done by me and me alone. Due to that, in order for the project's completion to be a reasonable and attainable goal, I may have to shave 5 or so characters from each side for the time being. This doesn't mean I won't add them back later once the game is "done," if I feel I have time. I will also not be removing any of the Poll Winners.

Possible Demo

Once I have a working screenpack and about 12-14 completed characters, I will release a beta or demo. The likely roster for the demo right now looks like this:

Capcom:

Ryu
Ken
Charlie
Alex
Mr. X
Jin Saotome
Hinata

The World:

Squall Leonhart
Sub-Zero
Jin Kazama
Solid Snake
CM Punk
Rorschach
Blaze Fielding

So, as you can see, none of these characters will be cut either. Of these characters, the only ones that are not done or are unfinished are Jin Saotome, Hinata, Alex, and Blaze Fielding.

I'd like to release this demo by April, which is doable I think since none of these characters need any sprite work, only code.

Thanks again to contributors and those interested in the project for your support and patience.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:19:45 pm by SeanAltly
Re: Project Status/Progress Thread
#2  February 15, 2012, 10:12:39 pm
    • Mexico
Rorschach is listed twice
#3  February 15, 2012, 10:19:20 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Whoops, fixed.

Download Last Bout now!
#4  April 26, 2012, 06:36:38 am
  • Niigasan
you should most definatley get dante!!  8) i wish i had the skills to help you out sean your work is some of the best on mugen. do you have like a paypal?
#5  April 26, 2012, 07:24:53 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Download Last Bout now!
#6  April 26, 2012, 04:31:28 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
If you want extra coding help. I could help code some character's attacks..I'm not anywhere near good with AI yet but I can help with most other stuff. And if I need advice coding something I can just ask awesome coders like Cybaster, Cyanide and BC how to code some things, even you Sean. I learned some great coding tips from Cybaster when working on my old Akuma. I'm still learning but I can help.  ;P
#7  April 26, 2012, 10:10:20 pm
  • Niigasan
okay since i think your creation stye is awesome and i wannna see your characters finished i will donate soon  8)
#8  June 05, 2012, 06:30:55 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Hey! Sean Are you going to upload the beta on your current website ( Where you have the SHADES of Manhattan)  or make another for this mugen .
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:34:14 pm by Segatron
#9  June 09, 2012, 02:46:24 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
The sprite needs to be implemented
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#10  August 20, 2012, 02:06:41 pm
Hey Sean,

if needed İ have Character Sounds for Axel Stone İ made before. Tell Me if You want to have it.
#11  August 13, 2013, 07:56:42 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Not entirely sure if this is the place to post it, but I've found something odd.

It's about the hitsounds for characters - they don't play. Only Rorschach and Snake make sounds when hit, everyone else doesn't. I'm not sure if it's something in the coding or whatever, but I just found it a bit odd that this would be the case. It's probably an easy fix, but I have a horrible image of you going over 30+ characters to fix it, and that sounds like a heck of a nightmare.

Like I said, just an oddity - nothing really game-breaking. If you can't fix it, I guess we'll just have to heave it as it is :/
#12  August 13, 2013, 08:37:59 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
EDIT

I thought you meant hitsounds as in attack sounds (like smacks and cracks and such). You mean sounds as in get-hit sounds, like of them being hurt. Yeah, I haven't implemented them into every character yet. I just keep forgetting to.

Download Last Bout now!
#13  August 14, 2013, 07:57:02 am
Still looking forward for this fullgame. I'm sorry for complaining about the chars and the roster.
Of course, Sonic, Blaze and Axel are good for the world. But I'm still wondering if Blaze' sprites should be remade. She still looks like a half Mai and Maki. Not to mention it that char itself was released in a ahpla version,  which was a big disappointed for the Blaze fans.
Good old times sometimes.
#14  August 14, 2013, 08:11:34 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I think she looks great, honestly. The blend of different sources makes her look original. She's been a part of the game since day one. Maybe you don't realize that sprites being "remade" is a huge deal. Her sprites look and feel like a CVS version of Blaze, at least IMHO. Remaking them would be months worth of work that I feel is unnecessary. Her sprites look very good and source accurate, remaking them would be a waste of time and effort, if you ask me.

Download Last Bout now!
#15  December 22, 2015, 08:05:55 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Hello, and sorry to bump a really old topic even though the FAQ says it's okay. But I need to report something odd about Sol in this game, and I don't know where else to post it.

It's to do with his LP Gun Flame. For some reason, when the flames strike the opponent, no matter the rage, it causes him to play the anim for firing the flames and play his voice clip again. This doesn't happen with his HP Gun Flame, and I'm assuming both attacks use the same code for the helpers. So it must be something to do in the coding with LP Gun Flame. I've taken a look in Fighter Factory to try and locate the cause of it, but so far I've not found anything, since my knowledge of coding isn't that great. It doesn't come up as an error in the debug, either, which is doubly weird. :/

Again, sorry to bump this topic. But I felt it warranted attention. Perhaps you could create a bug report thread, for when you next get the mojo to work on this game?
Re: Capcom vs. The World - August Release (New Patch 8/18!)
#16  March 03, 2016, 03:04:01 am
    • USA
Yeah~ I just got around to playing this and love what you've got so far. However, I'm noticing that some of your quotes for Strider Hiryu were disturbingly similar to some I've got on my DA account.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/SJvC-Win-Quotes-Strider-Hiryu-164800358

To be honest, I actually don't mind as I know how much of a hassle it can be to make win quotes and that info for Strider in particular is scarce so I'm holding nothing against it. That being said, I wouldn't mind a little credit. In fact, I'm free if you ever get stumped with ideas for future additions since I feel I'd be contributing to something more than just general ideas like I do on DA. At the same time I'm interested to see what you can do on your own. All in all I like the win quotes you've got down so far, even though a few need work and some are taken wholesale as filler quotes from source games like with Captain America and Sol Badguy in particular.
#17  March 04, 2016, 01:55:04 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Strider was coded by Memo and IIRC he is the one who gave him his winquotes. I don't plan on updating the game any time soon but if I do I'll put a credit somewhere for you.

Download Last Bout now!
#18  October 25, 2018, 05:00:24 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Hi guys, ... There shall be any update?
Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:03:52 am by AVPboy
#19  October 25, 2018, 09:31:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Hi guys, ... There shall be any update?

@AVPboy: this thread is in "Inactive Projects."

It will be switched back to active development if Sean ever indicates that is the case. Until then, do not bump years-old threads in this section.